These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Refining/Reprocessing tax ("we take") changed?

Author
Laurinius
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-01-01 21:23:04 UTC
Hi,

I recognized that the "we take" amount at reprocessing is lower than it was before (last checked ~week ago).

The formula should be [5 - 0.75 * standing], so you reach 0 with a standing of 6.67.

I have a standing of 4.15, so with that I should have a "we take" tax of 1.89, and this is what I had about a week ago.
But now I have a "we take" tax of 0.94.

Was there a change? I could not find anything about refining/reprocessing in the change notes.
Is this a bug or will it be kept this way? And what is the new formula?

Laurin
Revman Zim
Read My Lips... No Taxes.
#2 - 2013-01-01 21:32:56 UTC
Throwing out a guess here....

I believe it is based on corp OR faction standings. So, while your corp standings may be the same, maybe your faction standings have gone up and surpassed your corp standings.

Laurinius
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-01-01 21:37:24 UTC
Revman Zim wrote:
Throwing out a guess here....

I believe it is based on corp OR faction standings. So, while your corp standings may be the same, maybe your faction standings have gone up and surpassed your corp standings.



That is not the case here. My faction standing is lower than the corp standing, and also the standing of my corp to the station corp/faction is also lower than my personal standing, so that can not be the reason either.
Kaylyis
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2013-01-01 22:20:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaylyis
Laurinius wrote:
Revman Zim wrote:
Throwing out a guess here....

I believe it is based on corp OR faction standings. So, while your corp standings may be the same, maybe your faction standings have gone up and surpassed your corp standings.



That is not the case here. My faction standing is lower than the corp standing, and also the standing of my corp to the station corp/faction is also lower than my personal standing, so that can not be the reason either.


because the tax rate defaults to the higher. so if your corp has a higher standing, you get the corp rates. if your personal is better you get the discount per your rates.

Edit: oh I forgot: If you have a 5.7 to creodron corp and a 8.3 to the Gallente federation, then the federation overrides the creodron rates. Effectively Amarr gallente, minmatar and caldari override all subordinate corps if higher.
Laurinius
Perkone
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-01-02 00:22:25 UTC
Kaylyis wrote:
because the tax rate defaults to the higher. so if your corp has a higher standing, you get the corp rates. if your personal is better you get the discount per your rates.

Edit: oh I forgot: If you have a 5.7 to creodron corp and a 8.3 to the Gallente federation, then the federation overrides the creodron rates. Effectively Amarr gallente, minmatar and caldari override all subordinate corps if higher.


If you read my posts you would have seen that my personal standing to the station corp is the highest of all relevant standings.
So it has noting to do with some other standing overriding the personal corp standing.

There is also a tooltip in the reprocessing window, saying my 4.15 standing is used.
Kaylyis
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#6 - 2013-01-02 00:27:49 UTC
Laurinius wrote:
Kaylyis wrote:
because the tax rate defaults to the higher. so if your corp has a higher standing, you get the corp rates. if your personal is better you get the discount per your rates.

Edit: oh I forgot: If you have a 5.7 to creodron corp and a 8.3 to the Gallente federation, then the federation overrides the creodron rates. Effectively Amarr gallente, minmatar and caldari override all subordinate corps if higher.


If you read my posts you would have seen that my personal standing to the station corp is the highest of all relevant standings.
So it has noting to do with some other standing overriding the personal corp standing.

There is also a tooltip in the reprocessing window, saying my 4.15 standing is used.


sounds like a burp then. who knows? I think CCP adjusted some of the standings mechanics in retribution but I dunno. Other than that enjoy the lower taxes.
Emma Royd
Maddled Gommerils
#7 - 2013-01-02 06:29:17 UTC
Faction standing has NO IMPACT on refining

I'm sat in a Chief Executive Panel station, just tried to reprocess some Gleaming Alloy as a test

Base Yield: 50.0%
Net Yield: 99.5%
Standings: 0.00
We Take: 5.00%


In the popup box, the bottom paragraph says "We here at Chief Executive Panel hold you in standing of 0.00 (taking skills into account) so we will take 5.00% of all recoverable minerals that come out of your reprocessing here."

I've got 9.12 with Caldari State.
My corp has 3.63 with Caldari State.

I've just gone to a Peace and Order station where I've got 9+ My corp has got 6.37 and one of my alts has only got 4.56, I pay no tax, but my alt pays 1.58% as he's only got 4.56 with them.


From this it's the standing between the CHARACTER doing the reprocessing and the CORPORATION who owns the station, the faction standing makes the difference as far as I can tell.
Laurinius
Perkone
Caldari State
#8 - 2013-01-02 08:31:37 UTC
Emma Royd wrote:
Faction standing has NO IMPACT on refining

I'm sat in a Chief Executive Panel station, just tried to reprocess some Gleaming Alloy as a test

Base Yield: 50.0%
Net Yield: 99.5%
Standings: 0.00
We Take: 5.00%


In the popup box, the bottom paragraph says "We here at Chief Executive Panel hold you in standing of 0.00 (taking skills into account) so we will take 5.00% of all recoverable minerals that come out of your reprocessing here."

I've got 9.12 with Caldari State.
My corp has 3.63 with Caldari State.

I've just gone to a Peace and Order station where I've got 9+ My corp has got 6.37 and one of my alts has only got 4.56, I pay no tax, but my alt pays 1.58% as he's only got 4.56 with them.


From this it's the standing between the CHARACTER doing the reprocessing and the CORPORATION who owns the station, the faction standing makes the difference as far as I can tell.


So then tell me, why does my alt has a tax of 0.93% with 4.15 standing and your alt has a tax of 1.58% with 4.56 standing?

Also I never thought that other standings would override this, but if they would, it still wouldn't matter because they are all lower.
androch
LitlCorp
Yulai Academy
#9 - 2013-01-02 13:35:38 UTC
....youre being taxed less why do you give a crap???
Istvaan Shogaatsu
Guiding Hand Social Club
#10 - 2013-01-02 13:46:13 UTC
androch wrote:
....youre being taxed less why do you give a crap???


Because when the government accidentally taxes you too little, they come back for the difference. Perhaps CCP is the same :p
Laurinius
Perkone
Caldari State
#11 - 2013-01-02 16:38:33 UTC
I tested again on another station owned by another corp, confirming my results:

CHAR_A
Standing: 1.67
Tax expected: 3.75% (5 - 0.75 * 1.7)
Tax actual: 1.87%

CHAR_B
Standing: 1.25
Tax expected: 4.06% (5 - 0.75 * 1.25)
Tax actual: 2.03%

So it seems to me, the tax has been halfed each time (except for 0.0 standing, which still results in 5% tax).
Can anyone else confirm these results?
Sable Moran
Moran Light Industries
#12 - 2013-01-02 17:04:49 UTC
Laurinius wrote:
Can anyone else confirm these results?


Sorry mate can't do that:

CHAR_???
Standing: 4.64
Tax expected: 1.52% (5 - 0.75 * 4.64)
Tax actual: 1.52%

Time to make a petition? Ask the GM's what's going on.

Sable's Ammo Shop at Alentene V - Moon 4 - Duvolle Labs Factory. Hybrid charges, Projectile ammo, Missiles, Drones, Ships, Need'em? We have'em, at affordable prices. Pop in at our Ammo Shop in sunny Alentene.

Laurinius
Perkone
Caldari State
#13 - 2013-01-02 17:29:04 UTC
I opened a bug report now, let's see if they have an answer for this issue...
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#14 - 2013-01-02 19:06:33 UTC
androch wrote:
....youre being taxed less why do you give a crap???


Gotta complain about something, might as well complain about the error in your favor.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#15 - 2013-01-02 19:22:26 UTC
This... is an honest man.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Ch3m1c4L
New Haven Enterprises
#16 - 2013-01-03 13:17:18 UTC
Is 4.15 your base standing, and its actually using the standing after skills raise it higher, but not displaying this in the tooltip box?
Laurinius
Perkone
Caldari State
#17 - 2013-01-03 21:14:11 UTC
Ch3m1c4L wrote:
Is 4.15 your base standing, and its actually using the standing after skills raise it higher, but not displaying this in the tooltip box?

No, it's the effective standing.
And it's also not just a display bug, the reprocessed materials match the shown tax rate.
Mark Munoz
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2013-01-03 22:25:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Mark Munoz
Emma Royd wrote:
Faction standing has NO IMPACT on refining

In the popup box, the bottom paragraph says "We here at Chief Executive Panel hold you in standing of 0.00 (taking skills into account) so we will take 5.00% of all recoverable minerals that come out of your reprocessing here."


Just throwing **** on the pile here but that says "...hold you in standing of 0.00 (taking skills into account)..." So is there a skill you have trained on this character that lessens the tax rate?

So I just looked do you happen to have the "Connections" skill trained on this alt?
No Alibi
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2013-01-04 00:11:25 UTC
Laurinius wrote:
Ch3m1c4L wrote:
Is 4.15 your base standing, and its actually using the standing after skills raise it higher, but not displaying this in the tooltip box?

No, it's the effective standing.
And it's also not just a display bug, the reprocessed materials match the shown tax rate.

Taxes are calculated from base standings with particular Corp,not effective. Try the math that way.

I fly by the seat of my pants, No wonder my ass is always on fire!

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#20 - 2013-01-04 00:28:46 UTC
Flush your cache.

Your displayed standings may be out of sync.
12Next page