These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Collective front launched against the New Order, James315 and miner bumping.

First post First post
Author
Alex Grison
Grison Universal
#501 - 2013-01-15 19:38:24 UTC
*Gets on Radio

"We are going to need a tear vacuum in C&P

yes

Alana Charen-Teng
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#502 - 2013-01-15 20:47:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Alana Charen-Teng
Emperor Crash Zues wrote:
Zerese Aleacosu wrote:
I am paying one-hundred million isk for the corpse of James315. First come first served.

well if I knew where to find him i might get a crew together and try for that. Any of you NO's knight and agents willing to give that info?


He is currently hiding in an undisclosed station in an undisclosed system. His bodyguards move him every hour via unmarked Stabber Fleet Issue.

Locator Agent.

Kainotomiu Ronuken wrote:
And one final question; what would you do with James' corpse? Wouldn't it be a much better investment to buy 100 million ISK in shares?


Create an army of James 315 clones to take over Highsec for the Blood Raiders?
Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#503 - 2013-01-15 21:18:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Nerath Naaris
Emperor Crash Zues wrote:
Zerese Aleacosu wrote:
I am paying one-hundred million isk for the corpse of James315. First come first served.

well if I knew where to find him i might get a crew together and try for that. Any of you NO's knight and agents willing to give that info?



If you join the channel "locates are us" (without the "") you can have him located for the low, low price of 5 Million ISK (half of a mining permit, it appears).

As CCP Falcon mentioned already, this wonderful game offers all kinds of means to achieve your ends.... IF you are willing to utilize them, that is.

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Kainotomiu Ronuken
koahisquad
#504 - 2013-01-15 21:33:04 UTC
Alternatively you could take a look at the blog.
Zerese Aleacosu
Doomheim
#505 - 2013-01-15 21:38:42 UTC
The fate of corpses brought into BR-BS is confidential and only the original owner can inquire as to the fate of their body.

And I would never invest in something that will end in fire, as all things such as this tend to do.
Emperor Crash Zues
Guns N'Ore
Requiem Eternal
#506 - 2013-01-15 22:39:39 UTC
Agent Eunoli wrote:
Vaeliel wrote:

To anyone who's in on the joke, it's endlessly entertaining. Anyone who doesn't see this only adds to the entertainment value. In short, it is an ingeniusly crafted trolling tool that is almost self-perpetuating just by existing. I hope this explains things to those of you who didn't realize this.

That's not entirely the truth of it.

The true genius of James 315 is the creation of a player initiated campaign to help out active miners in highsec by making mining not only more profitable but also more enjoyable. The Code provides a framework, this much is true, but that framework is there to promote healthy gameplay and mining for mining players.

The Code is a masterful work of compassion and kindness. James 315 must have taken a lot of time to draft the Code for the sole purpose of promoting the well-being of miners.

The New Order of Highsec is a movement that is devoted to removing bots and enhancing the player experience of miners in Highsec. This is a brilliant goal since it is one that players can truly have an impact on by participating.

Bots are a terrible plague in any MMO and, unfortunately, they exist in EVE as well. The most commonly found bot is a mining bot. The New Order of Highsec disrupts the botting activities making the bot worthless to the owner. In the meantime CCP continues their constant vigil and monitoring of information to identify these bots and purge them from the game.

In many ways the players in the New Order of Highsec are like superheroes from comic books. They help the law by doing what the law can't do. When an agent or knight of the New Order spots a bot the call goes out and the bot is either removed from mining range or their ship is destroyed.

The AFK mining thing is a secondary cause (albeit a very important one) of the New Order. AFK mining is almost like a gateway behavior towards botting. What is the real difference between a miner AFK mining and a bot? From a user experience point of view there is no difference. Both AFK miners and bots behave the same way. Both do not respond. Both do not contribute to the potential enjoyment of other players through interaction because there are no interactions. As such, AFK mining is something that needs to be curtailed. AFK mining brings no benefits to those brave and honourable miners who are actually at their keyboards mining.

To active miners AFK miners are a bad thing. AFK miners drive prices down for miners and ice. By disrupting the activities of AFK miners the New Order of Highsec is helping and promoting active miners.

In many ways, the New Order of Highsec is a movement with a lot of heart and filled with noble souls who sacrifice their own time for the benefit of their fellow players. These selfless players know that they may be targeted by upset AFK miners who feel that their not-actually-playing-time is interrupted by their noble efforts. This is something that Agents and Knights accept and understand.

It is unfortunate that there are players who would rather not play the game and support bots by trying to 'fight' the New Order of Highsec but this is EVE and that is their prerogative. I find it telling that so many of these anti-New Order players resort to insults, swearing, and the use unreasonable real life comparisons. I suppose when one is trying to defend not-playing-the-game and botting there isn't a logical argument to hold to.

The Code is EVE.

I take issue with the comic book superhero reference. If you knew anything about the super hero's you'll see that they work withing the confines of the law they don't purposely kill those who they feel like it. Despite the fact I have always disagreed with DC and Marvel over there not willing to kill off there enemy's.
Kainotomiu Ronuken
koahisquad
#507 - 2013-01-15 22:48:32 UTC
Emperor Crash Zues wrote:
I take issue with the comic book superhero reference. If you knew anything about the super hero's you'll see that they work withing the confines of the law they don't purposely kill those who they feel like it. Despite the fact I have always disagreed with DC and Marvel over there not willing to kill off there enemy's.

There is no law in EVE against shooting people, only that you lose your ship if you do so.

Besides, we don't wear blue spandex onsies, either. The analogy is not perfect.
Emperor Crash Zues
Guns N'Ore
Requiem Eternal
#508 - 2013-01-15 23:19:32 UTC
Kainotomiu Ronuken wrote:
Emperor Crash Zues wrote:
I take issue with the comic book superhero reference. If you knew anything about the super hero's you'll see that they work withing the confines of the law they don't purposely kill those who they feel like it. Despite the fact I have always disagreed with DC and Marvel over there not willing to kill off there enemy's.

There is no law in EVE against shooting people, only that you lose your ship if you do so.

Besides, we don't wear blue spandex onsies, either. The analogy is not perfect.

i'm just saying the caparison can never be used ever.
Kainotomiu Ronuken
koahisquad
#509 - 2013-01-15 23:47:17 UTC
Emperor Crash Zues wrote:
i'm just saying the caparison can never be used ever.

Oh, but in broad terms, of course it can.

Take Batman. The police wherever he lives, they're OK, but nothing special. Pretty slow off the mark, bound up by red tape and paperwork all the time. What's more, they tend to focus on petty criminals, and hardly ever even notice the people pulling off the huge crimes.

Batman, on the other hand, now he's good at justice. He leaves the petty criminals to the police, but when there's a big criminal out there, he doesn't have to wait for some bigwig in a hat to tell him to go; he's out there busting faces and spreading law and Order.

Code: Batman = New Order.
Police = Concord
Petty Criminals = Whoever Concord attacks
Big criminals = Botters and bot-aspirants.
Emperor Crash Zues
Guns N'Ore
Requiem Eternal
#510 - 2013-01-16 05:24:07 UTC
Kainotomiu Ronuken wrote:
Emperor Crash Zues wrote:
i'm just saying the caparison can never be used ever.

Oh, but in broad terms, of course it can.

Take Batman. The police wherever he lives, they're OK, but nothing special. Pretty slow off the mark, bound up by red tape and paperwork all the time. What's more, they tend to focus on petty criminals, and hardly ever even notice the people pulling off the huge crimes.

Batman, on the other hand, now he's good at justice. He leaves the petty criminals to the police, but when there's a big criminal out there, he doesn't have to wait for some bigwig in a hat to tell him to go; he's out there busting faces and spreading law and Order.

Code: Batman = New Order.
Police = Concord
Petty Criminals = Whoever Concord attacks
Big criminals = Botters and bot-aspirants.

Cept for the fact you seem to be missing batman never killed his opponents
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#511 - 2013-01-16 06:35:54 UTC
Emperor Crash Zues wrote:
Kainotomiu Ronuken wrote:
Emperor Crash Zues wrote:
i'm just saying the caparison can never be used ever.

Oh, but in broad terms, of course it can.

Take Batman. The police wherever he lives, they're OK, but nothing special. Pretty slow off the mark, bound up by red tape and paperwork all the time. What's more, they tend to focus on petty criminals, and hardly ever even notice the people pulling off the huge crimes.

Batman, on the other hand, now he's good at justice. He leaves the petty criminals to the police, but when there's a big criminal out there, he doesn't have to wait for some bigwig in a hat to tell him to go; he's out there busting faces and spreading law and Order.

Code: Batman = New Order.
Police = Concord
Petty Criminals = Whoever Concord attacks
Big criminals = Botters and bot-aspirants.

Cept for the fact you seem to be missing batman never killed his opponents


Neither does the New Order, capsuleers are immortal, ergo the new order merely relocates their consciousness via the appropriate use of antimatter.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Dave Stark
#512 - 2013-01-16 08:21:47 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Emperor Crash Zues wrote:
Kainotomiu Ronuken wrote:
Emperor Crash Zues wrote:
i'm just saying the caparison can never be used ever.

Oh, but in broad terms, of course it can.

Take Batman. The police wherever he lives, they're OK, but nothing special. Pretty slow off the mark, bound up by red tape and paperwork all the time. What's more, they tend to focus on petty criminals, and hardly ever even notice the people pulling off the huge crimes.

Batman, on the other hand, now he's good at justice. He leaves the petty criminals to the police, but when there's a big criminal out there, he doesn't have to wait for some bigwig in a hat to tell him to go; he's out there busting faces and spreading law and Order.

Code: Batman = New Order.
Police = Concord
Petty Criminals = Whoever Concord attacks
Big criminals = Botters and bot-aspirants.

Cept for the fact you seem to be missing batman never killed his opponents


Neither does the New Order, capsuleers are immortal, ergo the new order merely relocates their consciousness via the appropriate use of antimatter.


no criminal flag = no crime.
they're not being batman, they're being the joker.
Kainotomiu Ronuken
koahisquad
#513 - 2013-01-16 08:54:34 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
no criminal flag = no crime.
they're not being batman, they're being the joker.

No, you're missing the point again. If there's a criminal flag, it means they're a petty criminal who Concord somehow managed to notice. If there's not, then they might be a law-abiding citizen or they might be criminal masterminds who've managed to avoid Concord even finding out about them.
Emperor Crash Zues
Guns N'Ore
Requiem Eternal
#514 - 2013-01-16 13:29:19 UTC
Kainotomiu Ronuken wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
no criminal flag = no crime.
they're not being batman, they're being the joker.

No, you're missing the point again. If there's a criminal flag, it means they're a petty criminal who Concord somehow managed to notice. If there's not, then they might be a law-abiding citizen or they might be criminal masterminds who've managed to avoid Concord even finding out about them.

So in others hit the innocent in case 1 innocent slipped through ccp and concords grasp. Yes definitely not superhero comparison material. Villian material most definitely. Or better yet the guilty with a superiority complex.
Kainotomiu Ronuken
koahisquad
#515 - 2013-01-16 13:32:07 UTC
Emperor Crash Zues wrote:
So in others hit the innocent in case 1 innocent slipped through ccp and concords grasp. Yes definitely not superhero comparison material. Villian material most definitely. Or better yet the guilty with a superiority complex.

The New Order does not attack innocents, and I have no idea where you got that idea from. We know that everyone we attack is guilty of botting, AFK mining, various degrees of bot-aspiration or aiding known criminals. It's just Concord that doesn't know it.
Alana Charen-Teng
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#516 - 2013-01-16 13:38:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Alana Charen-Teng
Kainotomiu Ronuken wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
no criminal flag = no crime.
they're not being batman, they're being the joker.

No, you're missing the point again. If there's a criminal flag, it means they're a petty criminal who Concord somehow managed to notice. If there's not, then they might be a law-abiding citizen or they might be criminal masterminds who've managed to avoid Concord even finding out about them.


I drew a picture, to help people understand the situation.
Emperor Crash Zues
Guns N'Ore
Requiem Eternal
#517 - 2013-01-16 13:58:40 UTC
Kainotomiu Ronuken wrote:
Emperor Crash Zues wrote:
So in others hit the innocent in case 1 innocent slipped through ccp and concords grasp. Yes definitely not superhero comparison material. Villian material most definitely. Or better yet the guilty with a superiority complex.

The New Order does not attack innocents, and I have no idea where you got that idea from. [i]We/i] know that everyone we attack is guilty of botting, AFK mining, various degrees of bot-aspiration or aiding known criminals. It's just Concord that doesn't know it.

I would like to see this proof of all this as I'm sure others would as well. Maybe we would be more willing to accept your actions if you actually provided proof for once. All we have seen are wrecks of comrades and innocent miners and extortion demands with more violence when noncompliance is an issue. Where is the proof of there wrong doing, these criminal actions. If you can not provide this proof then you and the NO are no different then criminals you say you are attacking.
Singular Snowflake
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#518 - 2013-01-16 14:36:15 UTC
Emperor Crash Zues wrote:

I would like to see this proof of all this as I'm sure others would as well. Maybe we would be more willing to accept your actions if you actually provided proof for once. All we have seen are wrecks of comrades and innocent miners and extortion demands with more violence when noncompliance is an issue. Where is the proof of there wrong doing, these criminal actions. If you can not provide this proof then you and the NO are no different then criminals you say you are attacking.


Please provide us a few killmails where we have attacked innocent code-compliant miners. There must be dozens of them on the internet as you seem so sure we are constantly doing it.

Your failure to produce such evidence is all the proof we need. The wrecks of your botting friends will continue to litter the icefields.
Virginia Virdana
Envoy Fast Deployment
#519 - 2013-01-16 14:36:57 UTC
Kainotomiu Ronuken wrote:
Emperor Crash Zues wrote:
So in others hit the innocent in case 1 innocent slipped through ccp and concords grasp. Yes definitely not superhero comparison material. Villian material most definitely. Or better yet the guilty with a superiority complex.

The New Order does not attack innocents, and I have no idea where you got that idea from. We know that everyone we attack is guilty of botting, AFK mining, various degrees of bot-aspiration or aiding known criminals. It's just Concord that doesn't know it.


This gives you a lovely leeway in which to operate.

Am I a bot? No.

Do I sit in the belt chatting to my corpmate and not always pay 100% attention to local and D-Scan? Yes.
Do I occasionally avail myself of the toilet whilst my lasers are running? Yes.
Do I have a small child that occasionally needs my attention? Yes.
Do I have a limited amount of time to play, and therefore want to spend as much time as I can gathering the materials I need, or making ISK in a social way? Yes.

Therefore I am bot aspirant and must be killed.

I don't mind being ganked, in fact I was ganked by one of your crew just last week - it was my bad, I wasn't paying attention.
What I find deeply tedious is the self-justification/role playing. At least when the Goons extended Hulkageddon they had a reason. Admittedly that reason was, "because we can, and we want to drive ice prices up, so **** you!" but there was no half baked creed behind it.

Emergent gameplay is always good. Preachy role play, not so much...
They say never come to a gunfight armed with a knife.   You appear to have come armed with a spoon.
Vaeliel
Slander Acquisitions
#520 - 2013-01-16 14:37:03 UTC



I take issue with the notion that Saruman would be piloting a mining barge personally.