These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Christmas is coming soon!!! (please read) Video added!!!

First post First post
Author
Santa Spirit
Christmas Spirit and Goodwill Toward Man
#1 - 2012-12-15 18:17:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Santa Spirit
Not quite the quality I'd hopped for, but here's the video dude took for me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrL-AuY4vjQ&feature=youtu.be

WOW, EvEMon's asset list says the estimated value of the total (items, fit ships and cans) for tonight's giveaway is:
103,414,829,549.98 isks with the note *Prices for some items could not be found.

Guys and Gals, I don't know what to say really, the generous donations made by folks have taken this far beyond what I would have been able to do on my own.

Thank you ALL for giving me such a wonderful gift; making it possible for me to exceed my own Vision of this event.

In about an hour and a half, it's going to be my turn to give...

I hope to see you there.

NOTICE: due to the Ani incursion popping up all of a sudden (*looks at CCP) the Event will be held in the system we were using as a staging area:

The Hek solar system

Updating OP with info:
1047 giftwrapped items and growing (check)
17 fit ships (check)
20 ship "Last man/woman Standing" battle coordinated with ships supplied (check)
5 secret Bookmarks to locations containing a faction or T2 frig hidden among the gifts(check)
1 PLEX hidden among the gifts (check)
Final location selected, HEK Solar System (check)
Star time moved to 6:00pm EST 11:00 pm EvE time due to the number of gifts to be given out (check)

the last part is up to you fine folks and it's the most important part:

Participants for the event!!! (TBD)

December 24th, HEK solar system, gift giving and fun to be had by all.

From my Bio:
"Yes, I'm an alt of a character in EvE who remembers when the player "Holiday Spirit" took his/her time to make the EvE universe a little brighter for some folks.
My main was one of the folks who benefited from Holiday Spirit's kindness and he, his corp and some friends would like to continue the tradition of sharing with others during the Christmas season.
I will be somewhere in the Metropolis region as Christmas approaches and will be giving away small trinkets, "Christmas presents" (if you don't mind me calling them that) in an effort to spread some kindness and cheer to my fellow capsuleers.

Please spread the word and if you're able to, look me up for what I hope to be a fun and festive gathering on dec 24th"

It was a great feeling for me to watch local in 2010 while the character "Holiday Spirit" gave out trinkets, ships and nick-nacs to the players who visited that system, the conga lines outside, the chatter in local and even the concord ball of death that permeated the system brought a smile to my face.

As a new-ish player to EvE at that time(how many years does it take to no longer be new-ish to the game?), I really enjoyed seeing the folks all getting together, some for the fun, some to grief and some hoping to get a free gift from that Holiday Spirit guy in the station, almost all of the wonderful complexities of the EvE universe were present in the system that evening, pirates, carebears, laughter and tears.

it was beautiful and heartwarming.

I have never forgotten that event or the knowledge of the one prior to that, yet alas, I have been unable to contact the "Holiday Spirit" character since then to make good on my offer to help him with his next event, so this year, I made this alt and I have put into motion(after talking with CCP about my idea) the following event of my own.

On Dec 24th, some time around 8:00 pm EST (1:00 GMT i believe) and continuing until all of the items i have are given out, I will be in the metropolis region at a yet to be determined station trying my best to emulate/recreate one of my fondest memories of the past few years in New Eden.

Further, I shared this idea with a few of my friends in game and to my surprise, I received a shipment of 10 caracals, a navy hookbill, a freight can (120k m3) almost full of ships, bpcs, faction modules, implants, and other goodies and even some financial support for which I had no desire or intent at the onset, however the upside of that is that now, instead of enough gifts to give to 100 players or so, I have enough to give to more folks... and that, in my view is a great thing because I currently have over 400 items to give away

The items I have and the ones that have been donated range in value from a few isks up to a few million isks, so please don't be disappointed at what you might receive, just be happy and have fun and if you really don't want something you get, please pass it on to someone who does, I would appreciate that very much.
I can promise you that I will not be giving out just a lump of coal. :P

PLEASE understand that I have no intention of divulging the identity of my main or hogging glory for myself, hence the reason I am using an alt, I simply wish to share with my fellow capsuleers and give back a little something to the game and the community that has given me so much.

If anyone would like to donate a gift, that's fine, however please know that I cannot go to any space below .5 to pick the item up (well, the corporation who is helping me get things to the staging area won't go there and as a 2 day old toon, i simply can't fly anything big enough)

I do hope to see folks in Metropolis on the 24th and if I don't, I wish you and your families a Merry Christmas (or "Happy Holidays" if you prefer) anyway.
Thank You
o/

* the purpose of this post (for the detractors) is not to get people to give me stuff or isks, I simply thought it was great that the folks who did donate did so for the same reason I'm doing this and if no one else wants to, I'm perfectly fine with that. :)

Please come join the fun Dec 14th., 2017 Find the details [HERE] when the post is made

Santa Spirit
#2 - 2012-12-15 19:08:54 UTC
I also want to add that in the case of most items, they will be in a small standard container, so I won't know who is getting what and they won't know till they open it.

in the case of items larger than that like ships, I'm trying to look into a way to do that blindly as well

o/
Santa

Please come join the fun Dec 14th., 2017 Find the details [HERE] when the post is made

AstraPardus
Earthside Mixlabs
#3 - 2012-12-15 19:54:00 UTC
That's very kind of you, I think that even those of us who don't celebrate Christmas can appreciate your efforts.

I wish you the best, it's just a shame that such a spirit of giving is limited to once a year. :3
Every time I post is Pardy time! :3
Zoctrine
Doomheim
#4 - 2012-12-15 20:03:22 UTC
Nice iniciative, Merry Christmas to you...
Santa Spirit
#5 - 2012-12-15 20:09:41 UTC
AstraPardus wrote:
That's very kind of you, I think that even those of us who don't celebrate Christmas can appreciate your efforts.

I wish you the best, it's just a shame that such a spirit of giving is limited to once a year. :3

Thank you very much, and yes, I wish people could share the joy of giving all year...

I do hope you get to come by even if you don't celebrate Christmas, but if not, thank you again..
o/
Santa

Santa Spirit
#6 - 2012-12-15 20:11:05 UTC
Zoctrine wrote:
Nice iniciative, Merry Christmas to you...

and to you as well :P

Santa Spirit
#7 - 2012-12-16 01:31:17 UTC
I just received 10 x algos, thrasher, corax, dragoon, rifter, and talwar
the person who gave these prefers to remain anon, but I have to say thanks to them at least in this thread.

:)

o/
Santa

Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#8 - 2012-12-16 01:39:31 UTC
Santa Spirit wrote:

It was a great feeling for me to watch local in 2010 while the character "Holiday Spirit" gave out trinkets, ships and nick-nacs to the players who visited that system, the conga lines outside, the chatter in local and even the concord ball of death that permeated the system brought a smile to my face.

As a new-ish player to EvE at that time(how many years does it take to no longer be new-ish to the game?), I really enjoyed seeing the folks all getting together, some for the fun, some to grief and some hoping to get a free gift from that Holiday Spirit guy in the station, almost all of the wonderful complexities of the EvE universe were present in the system that evening, pirates, carebears, laughter and tears.

Didn´t that end in a massive smartbombing?

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Santa Spirit
#9 - 2012-12-16 02:14:42 UTC
Nerath Naaris wrote:
Santa Spirit wrote:

Didn´t that end in a massive smartbombing?

Hahaha, wow, I do remember that...

I think that there were a few who tried and a couple who succeeded in sneaking in a few Sb ships, but I personally wouldn't call it "massive"
I would however advise people to pay attention as they normally would, there's always a chance (even in .5 space) that someone will try to sneak in on you.

o/
Santa

Ayx Shewma
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2012-12-16 04:22:22 UTC
One of my alts still has the fully fitted thorax from holiday spirit that year. I was wondering if anyone was going to start this up again.

Good work.
Santa Spirit
#11 - 2012-12-16 09:06:49 UTC
Ayx Shewma wrote:
One of my alts still has the fully fitted thorax from holiday spirit that year. I was wondering if anyone was going to start this up again.

Good work.

One of mine has a "Holiday Stabber" still just the way he received it and I too had wondered if someone would. :)

also to update this, I received another donation of 2 frigs from someone and they have already been moved to the staging station.
I also received 107 large freight containers which should allow me to put almost every one of the ships I've received into one so that it will be like "Gift wrapping" :)

of course not counting the larger ships or the assembled and fit ships.

thank you all very much.
o/
Santa

I will also continue to post updates in this thread as I receive items and as the time gets closer

Santa Spirit
#12 - 2012-12-16 09:20:00 UTC
I just got a fully fit Frigate :P

Thank you kind Sir.
o/
Santa

ACE McFACE
Dirt 'n' Glitter
Local Is Primary
#13 - 2012-12-16 10:00:23 UTC
What about people who cant fly into metropolis without the faction police shooting? (Some misunderstanding I'm sure)

Now, more than ever, we need a dislike button.

Brent Newton
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2012-12-16 10:13:50 UTC
For Christmas I would like a video of Egg being cleaned of punk ass station campers.

http://fav.me/d95rl8j

Santa Spirit
#15 - 2012-12-16 10:28:59 UTC
ACE McFACE wrote:
What about people who cant fly into metropolis without the faction police shooting? (Some misunderstanding I'm sure)

That's a tough one for sure.

I don't know of any way around that to be honest and my main has to endure that in a certain area of space too, so I understand completely.

Now that's not to say that some inventive or clever capsuleer won't be able to find a work around because I'm sure someone will, or maybe if CCP sees this, they'll invite the faction police out for coffee and doughnuts for a couple of hours, I can't say, I just don't know of any high sec space where "everyone" can go without that affecting some of them and for my part of that in selecting where to hold this, I apologize.

o/
Santa

Santa Spirit
#16 - 2012-12-16 10:30:25 UTC
Brent Newton wrote:
For Christmas I would like a video of Egg being cleaned of punk ass station campers.

we can haz frapps?

o/
Santa

To mare
Advanced Technology
#17 - 2012-12-16 11:14:23 UTC
ACE McFACE wrote:

it mean they have been bad, so no santa presents for them :D

maybe some carbon
CCP Eterne
C C P
C C P Alliance
#18 - 2012-12-16 14:59:36 UTC
I fully approve of this.

EVE Online/DUST 514 Community Representative ※ EVE Illuminati ※ Fiction Adept

@CCP_Eterne ※ @EVE_LiveEvents

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#19 - 2012-12-16 15:09:58 UTC
It's a celebration!

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Ayx Shewma
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2012-12-16 15:25:48 UTC
ACE McFACE wrote:

take an alt.
123Next pageLast page