These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

as if millions of carebears suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced

Author
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-12-05 03:33:28 UTC
alright, we get it, missioning with drone boats sucks. can we now please unrustle our jimmies and adapt?

I should buy an Ishtar.

Maximus Reborn
Assasinated Zombies
#2 - 2012-12-05 03:40:02 UTC
1st

IBTL
Dorian Wylde
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2012-12-05 04:49:56 UTC
Would be nice for a temp forum ban for everyone of those posts that crops up. But just like when sleepers were introduced and people whined that you couldn't use gallente ships in wormholes, it will die down. Those of us who actually know how to play, who aren't lazy pieces of crap will continue flying the same way we did before, with zero issues.
Jame Jarl Retief
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-12-05 05:06:49 UTC
Daniel Plain wrote:
alright, we get it, missioning with drone boats sucks. can we now please unrustle our jimmies and adapt?

Missioning with drone boats sucked before. Now, though I thought it physically impossible, it both sucks and blows.

Also, "adapt" cuts both ways. Meaning, when you see a million carebears crying, adapt and deal with it!
Sevchenko Valens
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-12-05 05:17:08 UTC
It's a p-p-p-p-pirate!
Annunaki soldier
November 17th
The Initiative.
#6 - 2012-12-05 06:27:51 UTC
hi troll. nice quote

Ride hard, live with passionĀ 

Dztrgovac
#7 - 2012-12-05 06:59:06 UTC
"Adapting" means only less variation and being forced to Tengus, Golems and Machs. This change makes life difficult to every PVE ship that relied on drones to kill tackle frigs. It destroyed full on drone boats.
Caitlyn Tufy
Perkone
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-12-05 07:05:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Caitlyn Tufy
Dztrgovac wrote:
"Adapting" means only less variation and being forced to Tengus, Golems and Machs. This change makes life difficult to every PVE ship that relied on drones to kill tackle frigs. It destroyed full on drone boats.

No, "adapt" means "learn to use drones correctly". I've been using several drone boats on my alt yesterday and yet didn't lose a single drone - while dual-running this character as well, both on Tengu (no drones) and CNR (drones to kill frigs). Zomg, rocket science!

(That said, I'd much appreciate a UI update for the drones. Watching five tiny health bars on the side of the screen is kinda annoying at times)
Annunaki soldier
November 17th
The Initiative.
#9 - 2012-12-05 07:43:13 UTC
Caitlyn Tufy wrote:
Dztrgovac wrote:

No, "adapt" means "learn to use drones correctly". I've been using several drone boats on my alt yesterday and yet didn't lose a single drone - while dual-running this character as well, both on Tengu (no drones) and CNR (drones to kill frigs). Zomg, rocket science!

(That said, I'd much appreciate a UI update for the drones. Watching five tiny health bars on the side of the screen is kinda annoying at times)

get your ship into anomalies , take sanctums or hordes for example , and use a drone boat. Then come again and tell us your feedback. Else take that CNR , and do some lvl 4 (i assume you tryed there) that they are lots of frigs inside the pocket like wc , then try again with your drones. You will understand why those changes annoyed so much people.

Ride hard, live with passionĀ 

dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2012-12-05 07:58:26 UTC
Caitlyn Tufy wrote:

lol.. are you saying you killed a couple of frigs using drones, and everything was fine, you sound like the ccp devs responsible for testing the new ai vs. drones.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Lugalzagezi666
#11 - 2012-12-05 08:03:32 UTC
I had no issues with npcs killing my drones yesterday. Not even in worlds collide with aggro from around 8 high bounty frigs.

Drone UI still sucks though and that doesnt make handling them very enjoyable, especially as you need to "babysit" them much more than before patch.
Caitlyn Tufy
Perkone
Caldari State
#12 - 2012-12-05 08:14:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Caitlyn Tufy
Annunaki soldier wrote:
get your ship into anomalies , take sanctums or hordes for example , and use a drone boat. Then come again and tell us your feedback. Else take that CNR , and do some lvl 4 (i assume you tryed there) that they are lots of frigs inside the pocket like wc , then try again with your drones. You will understand why those changes annoyed so much people.

What do you think I did, dropped a can in JIta and orbited it for a couple of hours? As I said, I used a number of dedicated drone boats, as well as ships that rely on drones to kill frigs in actual missions. My feedback is based exclusively on that. Do you know what happened? I lost ZERO drones. I had ONE drone reach armor and that was due to my own fail (would have happened before the patch as well). It's fine.

Basically, drone boats before Retribution: shoot once to get aggro, drop drones, go afk until the next wave spawns. Drone boats after Retribution: drop drones, watch if they're taking damage, returning them to the bay as needed to regenerate shields. No afking - which is working as intended, imo. The only people that lose here are the ones using 5x Dominix and an off-grid Loki booster to mass-run the missions, for the rest, the missions got less easy-mode, which is a good thing.
Sammybear
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#13 - 2012-12-05 08:36:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Sammybear
seems elite frigs target drones way more than reg frigs. 2 elite frigs took out 3 drones, the other 10-12 frigs did not even try to hit my drones. (this is in mordus headhunters mission)
hmskrecik
TransMine Group
#14 - 2012-12-05 11:23:11 UTC
Caitlyn Tufy wrote:
Basically, drone boats before Retribution: shoot once to get aggro, drop drones, go afk until the next wave spawns. Drone boats after Retribution: drop drones, watch if they're taking damage, returning them to the bay as needed to regenerate shields. No afking - which is working as intended, imo. The only people that lose here are the ones using 5x Dominix and an off-grid Loki booster to mass-run the missions, for the rest, the missions got less easy-mode, which is a good thing.

Pretty much this.

Though I'd like to add that in some cases missions *are* more challenging. Point in case: I've run Stop the Thief and due to combination of laziness and trying to blitz I didn't pop approaching frigs and these along with those spawned shredded three of my drones before I could react. My fault without a doubt. I just point that strategy change is in order.
Lilan Kahn
The Littlest Hobos
The Whale Hunters Association
#15 - 2012-12-05 11:29:54 UTC
fly in to anom deploy sentrys keep a eye on them scoop profit?
Caellach Marellus
Stormcrows
#16 - 2012-12-05 12:04:01 UTC
So in all the time I was out yesterday my Drones were targeted exactly once.

Quit crying, this is hardly Sleeper level Drone Hate mission rats are pushing out.

When your gut instincts tell you something is wrong, trust them. When your heart tells you something is right, ignore it, check with your brain first. Accept nothing, challenge everything.

Maneesk
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2012-12-05 12:30:42 UTC
I'm hearing a lot of "I haven't seen the problem therefore the problem doesn't exist". This is a very difficult argument to prove.

Leaving aside the issue with drones, there's also an issue with getting massive agro from every rat in the room. Add the two together and while you're recalling your aggroed drones you're warp scrambled and your ship is getting raped. Whether this is intended by CCP or not, it certainly has resulted in a lot of ship losses and some surprised PvEers, myself included.
Caellach Marellus
Stormcrows
#18 - 2012-12-05 12:36:10 UTC
Which missions are you getting full room aggro in?

Chances if you are you've done something wrong in the first place, just recall drones if they're being targeted, redeploy and focus on the tackle frigates while you're aligned out if it's that bad. Stick a web on them if you want to be useful.

Soon as it's dead warp out, though this also sounds in part like a tanking issue.

When your gut instincts tell you something is wrong, trust them. When your heart tells you something is right, ignore it, check with your brain first. Accept nothing, challenge everything.

Maneesk
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2012-12-05 12:44:46 UTC
Before the changes my tank was fine. The mission in question was called Attack of the Drones. Three waves of new drones warped in one after the other and all aggroed.
Caellach Marellus
Stormcrows
#20 - 2012-12-05 12:51:39 UTC
I strongly suggest you don't shoot all the trigger ships at the start first.

Take one out, and then the spawns from it before moving onto the next one.

123Next page