These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Bounties are serious buisness.

First post
Author
Souisa
WESCORP 2.0
#1 - 2012-12-04 23:03:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Souisa
Not :)

It seems everyone is getting bounties on 100k. Perhaps the minimum amount should be raised. 1 million or perhaps 10 million, to make it a bit more serious

o/

Akiyo Mayaki
Perkone
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-12-04 23:05:48 UTC
Souisa wrote:
Not :)

It seems everyone is getting bounties on 100k. Perhaps the minimum amount should be raised. 1 million or perhaps 10 million, to make it a bit more serious

I agree. 100k is a silly amount, and it's being thrown around for the same reason.

No

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#3 - 2012-12-04 23:35:47 UTC
So when everybody has a bounty, then there's no difference in having a bounty.

I think the player base is trying to grief the game designers.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#4 - 2012-12-04 23:40:16 UTC
Make them expire and it would be used seriously as well I think, also make the wanted tag a bit smaller lol

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#5 - 2012-12-04 23:49:07 UTC
Perhaps we should make the minimum 500bil so that only Chribba and the goons can put bounties on people....

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

DEFIER ORILIS
Defiance Eden Initiative
#6 - 2012-12-04 23:50:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Defier Orilis
Exactly! I just got in EVE tonight and I was asking about it in the HELP chat and right away, 5 or 6 pilots drop a bounty on me just for the hell of it. Now, it is up to 3.3mil + ISK and I have not even left the station.

Pretty much, I got a bounty on my head and did not even play EVE mechanics yet. So even if you are not provoking anyone. you can get a bounty on you. That's dumb!

Raise the initial bounty to at least10mil and if no one get you within a month or so... Lower the bounty by a percentage until someone raise it again.

Bounty should only be inflicted on a pilot that deserve it. NOT ME! LOL.

Also if a pilot decide to place another amount of that pilot, he can only do it once for a week or so, therefore when you place a bounty, make sure you are placing it for what it is worth.

Thx, DEIFER.
Melvin Coulter
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2012-12-04 23:51:35 UTC
But i like greafing my peers.

Move along!

Aziesta
Serenity Labs
#8 - 2012-12-04 23:51:37 UTC
There should be an administrative fee of 1% or so when placing a bounty. That way as long as we're being silly, we can be sinking ISK as well.
Nyaris Wolfe
SHUT UP SEV
#9 - 2012-12-04 23:53:45 UTC
A bounty does not necessarily mean a kill right however. If it did it'd matter, people will get bored when the novelty wears off. Early days people

I am an Alt who's main is too damn cheap to sub. http://aracimia.blogspot.co.uk/ Brony Capsuleer best Capsuleer!

Nyaris Wolfe
SHUT UP SEV
#10 - 2012-12-04 23:54:09 UTC
Also if it gets high enough you can always claim your own ^^

I am an Alt who's main is too damn cheap to sub. http://aracimia.blogspot.co.uk/ Brony Capsuleer best Capsuleer!

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#11 - 2012-12-04 23:54:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Bienator II
nah the small entry level is fine. It adds up if you are a bad guy.. and if not nobody cares. HOWEVER, there should be a mechanic how you can get rid of the bounties without exploding. For example by paying them yourself. I mean what should freighter pilots do to get rid of the bounties? They never pvp or anything like that.

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Savnire Jacitu
Abysmal Gentlemen
We Didn't Mean It
#12 - 2012-12-04 23:56:29 UTC
Had someone put a 100k bounty on me. When I get on tonight I'm putting a 100 mil bounty on them as personal **** you.

Aziesta
Serenity Labs
#13 - 2012-12-04 23:56:59 UTC
Nyaris Wolfe wrote:
Also if it gets high enough you can always claim your own ^^

Please show me an example where claiming your own bounty is a good idea. (Hint, they changed payout)
Souisa
WESCORP 2.0
#14 - 2012-12-04 23:59:20 UTC
Bienator II wrote:
nah the small entry level is fine. It adds up if you are a bad guy.. and if not nobody cares. HOWEVER, there should be a mechanic how you can get rid of the bounties without exploding. For example by paying them yourself. I mean what should freighter pilots do to get rid of the bounties? They never pvp or anything like that.

That is actually a very good suggestion. It will solve the problem of people not wanting their 100k isk bounty, as well as become a neat little ISK sink :)

o/

Souisa
WESCORP 2.0
#15 - 2012-12-05 00:02:48 UTC
Chribba wrote:
Make them expire and it would be used seriously as well I think, also make the wanted tag a bit smaller lol

If they expire within a reasonable amount of time no-one will probably bother putting serious bounties on anyone

o/

Souisa
WESCORP 2.0
#16 - 2012-12-05 00:03:17 UTC
Aziesta wrote:
There should be an administrative fee of 1% or so when placing a bounty. That way as long as we're being silly, we can be sinking ISK as well.

Doesent really solve the problem tho :)

o/

Opera Noir
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2012-12-05 00:05:04 UTC
I like it, I've been throwing money around in high-sec like candy. I think it was the Christmas gift to be honest. CCP are there sitting in their office in repressed glee just trying to keep the secret until they tell us :)
Aurelius Valentius
Valentius Corporation
#18 - 2012-12-05 00:06:11 UTC
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2254392#post2254392 - An example of a purpose in EVE.

I kind of think that things are fine other than two things mentioned.

1. Cancellation of Bounties by the person that sets it, this should have a fee for adminstrative purpose to make it something you consider such as 100K set, you get back 50K back on cancel, or you could link it to the escrow system where like a market order your skills could set the cost up front and then the amount in your wallet, like that - might be and interesting link to the trade skills tree and if you go negative maybe the bounty reverses on you for fraud...lol.

2. A link to EVE-Gate for this feature and to see it there.
Tikktokk Tokkzikk
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#19 - 2012-12-05 00:15:46 UTC
What is the problem?
No one will suicide gank you or war dec you for 100k.
You can even blow up your own noob ships until the 100k is gone if you don't like the wanted sign.
Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#20 - 2012-12-05 00:23:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Kitty Bear
Aziesta wrote:

10% and your starting to get serious

had a rethink on this

10% Concord Tax when Bounty is placed
10% Concord Tax when Bounty is collected

tax should be non-adjustable to maximise the benifit as an isk-sink

The Tax man double & tripple dips (and sometimes theres 6+ taxes on 1 item) on revenue collection Concorde should too.
123Next pageLast page