These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Who the bounty change will truly affect most.

Author
Bane Necran
Appono Astos
#1 - 2012-12-02 22:07:11 UTC
We've spent the last few weeks exploring in depth why it won't be the sort of carebear holocaust some might want, because even if you put a billion dollar bounty on a hisec dweller, it will take a whole lot of rifter kills to ever get that billion, and you also have to contend with CONCORD. This has been the only thing talked about concerning the upcoming changes, because as usual the community gets tunnel vision on hisec carebears and misses the big picture.

Now, what if you were to place a billion dollar bounty on someone who frequents lowsec or 0.0? Often fleeting up with people in their corp or alliance to do things, and flying ships worth several billion. Up till now the only people who focus on killing their corp or alliance mates are AWOXers who just do it for precious 'lulz', but now everyone people in 0.0 or lowsec fleet up with or see in the system is a potential attacker who needs to ask themself whether they care more about you, or the isk they could get for blowing you up. You will see rival alliances add huge bounties to titan and capital ship pilots hoping to entice their own fleet and alliance mates to kill them, you will see AWOXing become a lucrative profession, you will see friendly fire in blob warfare become a problem, you will hear about corps and alliances falling apart when they decide a bounty on someone has gotten high enough they care more about that then a future with the corp or alliance, and you will see an end to thinking just because its a blue in 0.0 local you're safe. If you have a high bounty, you can trust no one.

"OMG But those stoopid carebears in hisec will do the same! They will be killing their fleet mates too!" you might say, and i'm sure there will be cases of that, but by and large people in hisec are already notoriously paranoid, and mostly just join fleets with their own alts or a select few close friends, if they join fleets at all. Most are loners. Suddenly them not having as many large alliances and fleets will be something which makes them safer, and this will primarily be something that alters lowsec and 0.0 life forever. A wave of paranoia is about to sweep over those areas, which may also result in a rise of solo PvP, which is excellent.

I have waited until nearly the last moment to bring this up, because in the past proposed changes which negatively affected 0.0 dwellers were backed out of after an onslaught of whines from them. Only throwing new isk faucets at them is acceptable to the 0.0 community. But now it is too late. The die has been cast. And all the whining in the world cannot save you. Let the mayhem begin. Twisted

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness." ~Miyamoto Musashi

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2012-12-02 22:28:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Andski
Bane Necran wrote:
Twisted

yeah so i'm pretty sure that "rival alliances" will opt to use their ISK to buy titans and supercarriers to kill hostile titans and supercarriers with rather than using that ISK to put bounties on characters that stay logged off 99% of the time, in the hopes that somebody will awox it for a tiny share of the a fraction of the ship's value

nice try though

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2012-12-02 22:38:18 UTC
so let's assume I have a bounty and I'm in a rokh, total cost 330M

that minus insurance comes out to 128M

20% of that is 25M and it gets split up amongst everyone who aggressed me before I died

you're basically saying that people will awox a rokh for that 25M bounty payout

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Bane Necran
Appono Astos
#4 - 2012-12-02 22:39:09 UTC
Andski wrote:
yeah so i'm pretty sure that "rival alliances" will opt to use their ISK to buy titans and supercarriers to kill hostile titans and supercarriers with rather than using that ISK to put bounties on characters that stay logged off 99% of the time, in the hopes that somebody will awox it for a tiny share of the a fraction of the ship's value

nice try though

Of all the groups, i thought goons being naturally devious would have been the most likely to have expected everything i said, and might also be keeping quiet about it while they plan things.

Guess i overestimated you. But please, do continue to deny it. I will make sure your comments haunt you in the future.

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness." ~Miyamoto Musashi

Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#5 - 2012-12-02 22:40:28 UTC
Andski wrote:

20% of that is 25M and it gets split up amongst everyone who aggressed me before I died

/thread
Vincent Athena
V.I.C.E.
#6 - 2012-12-02 22:40:43 UTC
Somewhat more likely is fleets trying to get the kill shot in on whoever is primary, so at least their side gets the bounty. But I think even that is unlikely, except for every expensive targets. Time and effort would be better spent shooting the enemy.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#7 - 2012-12-02 22:41:02 UTC
Andski wrote:
Bane Necran wrote:
Twisted

nice try though

Our amazing titan blob, it continues to grow. Truly amazing ~~

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#8 - 2012-12-02 22:42:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Andski
Bane Necran wrote:
Andski wrote:

nice try though

Of all the groups, i thought goons being naturally devious would have been the most likely to have expected everything i said, and might also be keeping quiet about it while they plan things.

Guess i overestimated you. But please, do continue to deny it. I will make sure your comments haunt you in the future.

yeah no you're completely right our enemies are just getting ready to drop 20b on a bounty for every GSF titan and 5b for every supercarrier instead of using those trillions of ISK to buy titans for themselves

Serptimis
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2012-12-02 22:42:53 UTC
This new system will cause alliances to tear each other apart, former allies at each others jugulars , scrapping for millions of isk worth of bounties,ending once and for all the coalitions of null sec. Well played CCP Blink
Name Family Name
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2012-12-02 22:44:11 UTC
Bane Necran wrote:
"OMG But those stoopid carebears in hisec will do the same! They will be killing their fleet mates too!" you might say, and i'm sure there will be cases of that, but by and large people in hisec are already notoriously paranoid, and mostly just join fleets with their own alts or a select few close friends, if they join fleets at all.

You are aware that shooting members of your own fleet in highsec if you're not in the same corp triggers a concord response since lofty's was popular several years back(?).
Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#11 - 2012-12-02 22:46:32 UTC
Name Family Name wrote:
Bane Necran wrote:
"OMG But those stoopid carebears in hisec will do the same! They will be killing their fleet mates too!" you might say, and i'm sure there will be cases of that, but by and large people in hisec are already notoriously paranoid, and mostly just join fleets with their own alts or a select few close friends, if they join fleets at all.

You are aware that shooting members of your own fleet in highsec if you're not in the same corp triggers a concord response since lofty's was popular several years back(?).

Even better. CONCORD will make sure ~someone~ dies. Which might not be the case with carebears ganking one another.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Bane Necran
Appono Astos
#12 - 2012-12-02 22:48:27 UTC
Andski wrote:

No, i'm saying there will be much bigger bounties on much more expensive ships than that. But i'm sure if someone wanted to they could do enough awoxing of small bounties to make a good amount.

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#13 - 2012-12-02 22:49:28 UTC
Bane Necran wrote:
No, i'm saying there will be much bigger bounties on much more expensive ships than that. But i'm sure if someone wanted to they could do enough awoxing of small bounties to make a good amount.

oh you mean the more expensive ships that tend to require more people and more effort to kill, reducing the payout received by individual members?

those ships?

Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#14 - 2012-12-02 22:49:34 UTC
Serptimis wrote:
This new system will cause alliances to tear each other apart, former allies at each others jugulars , scrapping for millions of isk worth of bounties,ending once and for all the coalitions of null sec. Well played CCP Blink

Because people will kill corp/alliance member for 10% of a ship worth instead of playing with them to benefit from ship reimburment programs and other stuff like that.

Sure.
EI Digin
irc.zulusquad.org
#15 - 2012-12-02 22:54:46 UTC
You're absolutely right OP

Please place a multi-billion isk bounty on my head. I want to fight AWOXers.
Bane Necran
Appono Astos
#16 - 2012-12-02 22:55:41 UTC
Andski wrote:
oh you mean the more expensive ships that tend to require more people and more effort to kill, reducing the payout received by individual members?

those ships?

With the right modules on that Rokh you mentioned it could be worth billions, and you know this. You're just lowballing everything as much as possible.

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#17 - 2012-12-02 22:56:48 UTC
Bane Necran wrote:
Andski wrote:

those ships?

With the right modules on that Rokh you mentioned it could be worth billions, and you know this. You're just lowballing everything as much as possible.

yes I have estamel's invulns on my rokh

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#18 - 2012-12-02 23:01:42 UTC
this is my rokh:

Quote:
[Rokh, butte]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Signal Amplifier II
Damage Control II

Large Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Thermic Dissipation Field II
EM Ward Field II
Medium Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 200
Prototype 100MN MicroWarpdrive I

425mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Lead Charge L

Large Core Defense Field Extender I

Warrior II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5

tell me how i'm "lowballing everything as much as possible" with a standard T2 fit battleship

Bane Necran
Appono Astos
#19 - 2012-12-02 23:03:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Bane Necran
Andski wrote:
yes I have estamel's invulns on my rokh

Probably wouldn't be the first time someone did.

People in 0.0 have more isk to play with than anyone, and you're not going to convince anyone they don't spend it on their ships.

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#20 - 2012-12-02 23:07:48 UTC
Bane Necran wrote:
Wouldn't be the first time someone did.

People in 0.0 have more isk to play with than anyone, and you're not going to convince anyone they don't spend it on their ships.

yes because the income potential is just so amazing in nullsec

123Next pageLast page