These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Few weeks after Retribution.

First post First post
Author
Tarvos Telesto
Blood Fanatics
#1 - 2012-12-02 05:56:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarvos Telesto
Everyone got bounty on head. Miners, Traders, Mission Runers, Explorers, people who trade, alts, price chekers alts, non active alts, pirates, antipirates, people who hauling stuf, pos directors, Ceo's, frindly people, bad people, characters older than 14 days, imagine all humanity in earth become potential prey for everyone with bounty in police database or somthing like this, or at last somone worth to pay atention...

This just give stupid look, its not realistic, because in real world even in virtual world in meny games here is balance betwen neutral, good and bad people...

You cant put a mark on everyone, because is against Law in general, and its non logic behaviour, in most cases, exept EvE, this rule work everywhere, both in real and virtual world.

Ps. No personal atack please... its only my opinion, i know that CCP love pvp, wars, ship explosions, they love when New Eden is full of fire and when isk are destroyed, and this is main goal, to give EvE war look so much as possible (im not against this) but form other perspective this is anty santbox, its like one mind community with same behaviour using by every player.

Idividualist in EvE, no more...

EvE isn't game, its style of living.

YoYo NickyYo
Doomheim
#2 - 2012-12-02 05:57:47 UTC
Tarvos Telesto wrote:
Everyone got bounty on head. Miners, Traders, Mission Runers, Explorers, people who trade, alts, price chekers alts, non active alts, pirates, antipirates, people who hauling stuf, pos directors, Ceo's, frindly people, bad people, characters older than 14 days, imagine all humanity in earth become potential prey for everyone with bounty in police database or somthing like this.

This just give stupid look...

Ps. No personal atack please... its only my opinion.

Oh it will happen, yes it will......Twisted

I am not, nor will I ever be...Nicky Yo.... The question you should ask is.....When will they release the NICKY!

Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#3 - 2012-12-02 05:59:30 UTC
This didn't happen after Inferno. I know, I was there.
Bl4ck Ph03n1x
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-12-02 05:59:41 UTC
In the best(worst) case, your killer get 20% of your ship.
In a 100M BS, don't get killed by a 20M cruiser.
Should be easy.

Don't feed the trolls.

YoYo NickyYo
Doomheim
#5 - 2012-12-02 07:08:47 UTC
Bl4ck Ph03n1x wrote:
In the best(worst) case, your killer get 20% of your ship.
In a 100M BS, don't get killed by a 20M cruiser.
Should be easy.

I think he's more concerned about the 200 mil isk mining ship, or the billion isk Freighter...

I am not, nor will I ever be...Nicky Yo.... The question you should ask is.....When will they release the NICKY!

ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#6 - 2012-12-02 07:21:33 UTC
Tarvos Telesto wrote:
This just give stupid look, its not realistic, because in real world even in virtual world in meny games here is balance betwen neutral, good and bad people...

Remember that you're playing in a virtual dystoptia that literally lives and thrives on destruction. There are no "good" or "neutral" people. Only people here who are either directly or indirectly involved in warfare.
Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#7 - 2012-12-02 07:25:16 UTC
How long did I sleep, ffs?

Invalid signature format

Ritsum
Perkone
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-12-02 07:28:30 UTC
Look at the bounty's now... Rarely do you see someone with a high bounty... My opinion is that the bounty system is really not gonna affect much apart from the odd "Oh look at that, the bounty's on the enemy's gang paid for our losses". Which in its self would be rare since no one will bother wasting their isk just to make someone's ego more inflated.

Play EvE how you want to play it and do not let others dictate how you play. Evolve your playstyle to protect yourself from others! Even in "PVE", "PVP" is there, lurking in the shadows.

Tarvos Telesto
Blood Fanatics
#9 - 2012-12-02 07:28:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarvos Telesto
ShahFluffers wrote:
Tarvos Telesto wrote:

Remember that you're playing in a virtual dystoptia that literally lives and thrives on destruction. There are no "good" or "neutral" people. Only people here who are either directly or indirectly involved in warfare.

i like destruction in EvE, but giving same look (bounty to everyone) kiling individualist in game, everyone become copy of copy ...

Bounty on your head make you more clone of orher character than orginal person, difirences and first look betwen players just gone...

Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#10 - 2012-12-02 07:34:45 UTC
Tarvos Telesto wrote:

i like destruction in EvE, but giving same look (bounty to everyone) kiling dividualist in game, everyone become copy of copy ...

Bounty on your head make you more clone of orher character than orginal person, difireces and first look betwen players just gone...

Really? Bounty or lack of it is what differences pirates from miners, jita alts from gate campers, indies from traders? Seriously? Small number in info window is more important than your name/corp/alliance/history of employment/killboard/eveboard/wars history/sec status and madafrakking bio? Wow, your clone vat needs a cleaning like ASAP.

Invalid signature format

Tarvos Telesto
Blood Fanatics
#11 - 2012-12-02 07:57:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarvos Telesto
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
Tarvos Telesto wrote:

i like destruction in EvE, but giving same look (bounty to everyone) kiling dividualist in game, everyone become copy of copy ...

Bounty on your head make you more clone of orher character than orginal person, difireces and first look betwen players just gone...

Really? Bounty or lack of it is what differences pirates from miners, jita alts from gate campers, indies from traders? Seriously? Small number in info window is more important than your name/corp/alliance/history of employment/killboard/eveboard/wars history/sec status and madafrakking bio? Wow, your clone vat needs a cleaning like ASAP.

How about change or mixes rases in game, why not... lets unificate all things in game, lets thing to become copy of copy with same look, how about somthing like citizen Amarrocaldari #2332424242 bounty 100.000 isk ? who care...

Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#12 - 2012-12-02 08:02:08 UTC
Tarvos Telesto wrote:
How about change or mixes rases in game, why not... lets unificate all things in game, lets thing to become copy of copy with same look, how about somthing like citizen Amarrocaldari #2332424242 bounty 100.000 isk ? who care...

Apparently you do. And sadly enough I do too since I just can't stop biting this bait...

Invalid signature format

Tarvos Telesto
Blood Fanatics
#13 - 2012-12-02 08:10:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarvos Telesto
imagine you are one of this sardine, where you are ?

Gal'o Sengen
Doomheim
#14 - 2012-12-02 08:13:21 UTC
Bounty =/= Kill Rights. It's that simple.
Akrasjel Lanate
Lanate Industries
#15 - 2012-12-02 08:53:03 UTC
Bounty won't make you a legit target in high sec

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#16 - 2012-12-02 08:53:52 UTC  |  Edited by: ShahFluffers
Tarvos Telesto wrote:
i like destruction in EvE, but giving same look (bounty to everyone) kiling individualist in game, everyone become copy of copy ...

Bounty on your head make you more clone of orher character than orginal person, difirences and first look betwen players just gone...

How does getting a bounty make someone less of an individual? Isn't the other way around? That the individual's record, or lack of, will decide whether the a person will have a bounty posted on them and for how much?

You have to actually DO something worthy of someone else's attention to get a bounty on your head. In a way... that makes someone with a bounty MORE of an individual. Because someone decided they are worth the ISK.
Dave Stark
#17 - 2012-12-02 09:02:23 UTC
Gal'o Sengen wrote:
Bounty =/= Kill Rights. It's that simple.

pretty much this.

people need to learn the difference.
Muestereate
Minions LLC
#18 - 2012-12-02 09:56:29 UTC
Isn't it just another calculation in the gank equation? Should be a slight buff to ganking income or am I missing something. How about the balance with insurance income? How could this affect isk sink/faucet ideas?
Pyre leFay
Retired Pilots
#19 - 2012-12-02 10:07:57 UTC
Muestereate wrote:
Isn't it just another calculation in the gank equation? Should be a slight buff to ganking income or am I missing something. How about the balance with insurance income? How could this affect isk sink/faucet ideas?

Insurance only effects the victim if it was a gank.
And bounty is just a transfer of wealth. Just indirectly paid for a job.
It changes nothing. They had the perfect potential for a decent sink with a Concord bribe tax on bounty pay out but they didn't take it.
Of course it will effect targets. You planned on ganking a miner today. You see two of them in a belt, yet one has a 100m bounty. You would target the potential extra money.
Rico Minali
Sons Of 0din
#20 - 2012-12-02 10:15:50 UTC
Dont you have to have a sec of -1 or lower to have a bounty put on you? Is that changing? And transference of killrights is just fine, means the weak can hire the strong to take down the people who gank you.

Trust me, I almost know what I'm doing.

123Next pageLast page