These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

possible exploit or just good use of game machinics?

First post
Author
NenYim
Janitor Corporation
#1 - 2012-11-22 12:19:05 UTC
i just finished getting myself up to speed on the changes happing on the 4th, im just looking 4 clarification of something..
so the thing i don't know 4 sure is this... who gets the isk when someone buys the kill rights? is the the person or just goes 2 the back of CCP? if its a person then i could do this yes?

pilot A (my alt) killz pilot B (my main), pilot B gets the kill rights and sets it 2 anyone, and sets the price say around 20 mill (up 4 possible change) then i place pilot A in a high traffic'd system... jita and wait... someone pays 4 said killright... and i make money 4 killing my main with a ALT... hell i can have alts kill alts relay... and if i remember right its the attempt of killing a person that will generate a kill right... does anyone follow what im saying?

is it a exploit? or just good use of game mechanics? is anyone expecting this to happen?
Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#2 - 2012-11-22 12:23:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Destination SkillQueue
Good use of game mechanics. If someone wants to pay to kill you and you don't object, it sounds like a fair trade to me. The thing is, that not many will want to pay much for killing a totally worthless target, but you're free to try and make a living out of being a punching bag.

EDIT: I think pricing and ship selection is the key to success here. It has to be something low enough, that people can throw it away on a whim. The target ship has to also be something people feel good about killing, but doesn't really cost you anything. This way you get a good frequency of customers and they get good entertainment for what amounts to pocket change for them.
Nanatoa
#3 - 2012-11-22 12:25:13 UTC
You're supposed to use something to the max before coming to the forums asking if it's perhaps an exploit. Now you've wasted a perfectly good isk-making opportunity.

"Stay the course, we have done this many times before." - (CCP) Hilmar, June 2011

Scrutt5
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-11-22 12:25:27 UTC
I expect the money will go to Concorde for administration charges.
Lance Rossiter
CHAINS Corp
#5 - 2012-11-22 12:28:20 UTC
If people want to spend their ISK buying kill rights of minimal value, you'd simply be facilitating an odd desire. It's not really any different to putting a high priced sell order up for a low-value item, except that there might be a few more people out there who just really like killing than who just really like chiral structures.
NenYim
Janitor Corporation
#6 - 2012-11-22 12:28:25 UTC
Nanatoa wrote:
You're supposed to use something to the max before coming to the forums asking if it's perhaps an exploit. Now you've wasted a perfectly good isk-making opportunity.

ya but at the end of the day im not a hardcore eve player, i just enjoy it and its just a idea... anyone know 4 sure where the isk goes?
Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#7 - 2012-11-22 12:28:43 UTC
Scrutt5 wrote:
I expect the money will go to Concorde for administration charges.

It goes to the seller of the kill right. It wouldn't be selling, if he didn't get the money from the people who buy the right, would it?
Thelma Thunderfanny
Doomheim
#8 - 2012-11-22 12:30:18 UTC
Lance Rossiter wrote:
If people want to spend their ISK buying kill rights of minimal value, you'd simply be facilitating an odd desire. It's not really any different to putting a high priced sell order up for a low-value item, except that there might be a few more people out there who just really like killing than who just really like chiral structures.

I knew your brother, Leonard.

Nice guy, shame about the ticker.

o_O

Doddy
Excidium.
#9 - 2012-11-22 12:31:26 UTC
Yes this is how it works, but people are not going to pay 20 mil to kill your alt unless it has a bounty or is otherwise worth killing
Regis Solo
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2012-11-22 12:34:28 UTC
Thelma Thunderfanny, you should get some cream for that!
NenYim
Janitor Corporation
#11 - 2012-11-22 12:36:21 UTC
Doddy wrote:
Yes this is how it works, but people are not going to pay 20 mil to kill your alt unless it has a bounty or is otherwise worth killing

thanks all 4 all ya posts... and to the above person... im sure your underestimating the stupidity of some ppl and the leangth that ppl will go to just 2 grief others
Nanatoa
#12 - 2012-11-22 12:37:40 UTC
Doddy wrote:

There are plenty of kb-whores with too much isk.

"Stay the course, we have done this many times before." - (CCP) Hilmar, June 2011

Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#13 - 2012-11-22 12:45:54 UTC
NenYim wrote:
Doddy wrote:

thanks all 4 all ya posts... and to the above person... im sure your underestimating the stupidity of some ppl and the leangth that ppl will go to just 2 grief others

I think you're right and there are plenty of people looking to pad their killboards or who want to feel badass by making easy kills. Your biggest problem is propably sec status loss. In order to get killrights you'll have to do something that will reduce it and at some point you're free for all anyway. So you need a good enough secstatus to be in Jita, with as many killrights on you as possible for efficiency and ability to do repeat business.
NenYim
Janitor Corporation
#14 - 2012-11-22 12:48:46 UTC
Destination SkillQueue wrote:
NenYim wrote:
Doddy wrote:

I think you're right and there are plenty of people looking to pad their killboards or who want to feel badass by making easy kills. Your biggest problem is propably sec status loss. In order to get killrights you'll have to do something that will reduce it and at some point you're free for all anyway. So you need a good enough secstatus to be in Jita, with as many killrights on you as possible for efficiency and ability to do repeat business.

yep, just another thing i have 2 work out be4 dec 4th... lol didnt evan think of it at the time of posting!
Karig'Ano Keikira
Tax Cheaters
#15 - 2012-11-22 13:15:19 UTC
I guess most people won't pay any significant money for killrights, but well... EVE is EVE and people drop supercaps on cruisers, so being a punching bag might actually be profitable
valerydarcy
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#16 - 2012-11-22 13:30:26 UTC
Im going to setup.. like... 12 accounts to do this all day Twisted

Post with your main™

CCP Eterne
C C P
C C P Alliance
#17 - 2012-11-22 13:49:51 UTC
Deleted some needless insulting posts.

EVE Online/DUST 514 Community Representative ※ EVE Illuminati ※ Fiction Adept

@CCP_Eterne ※ @EVE_LiveEvents

Thelma Thunderfanny
Doomheim
#18 - 2012-11-22 14:25:22 UTC
CCP Eterne wrote:
Deleted some needless insulting posts.

It's about f*cking time we had a proactive mod around here to take on the badposting.

Welcome Eterne. God bless you and all who sail in you x

o_O

Singoth
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#19 - 2012-11-22 14:48:28 UTC
From: http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=73578

Quote:
* If the kill right is made available to everyone, but at a low price, the targeted player can simply use an alt or a friend to get rid of the kill right. This is then just an extra hoop to jump through for those players frequently causing others to get kill rights on them.
* If the kill right is made available to everyone, but at a high price, then there is much less of a chance of it being activated constantly and thus less of a hassle. This is especially true when considering that players will likely be wary of kill right scams and thus not keen on paying to activate a kill right with a considerable cost.
* If the kill right is made available to a specific entity, then this is little different than being at war – you just need to remember whom to look out for as it is not as clearly shown as for war.

There is no exploit. The people who sell the killrights for a low cost are just idiots for selling it at such a low price.

Less yappin', more zappin'!

Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
#20 - 2012-11-22 15:03:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Roll Sizzle Beef
The seller gets 100% from the Killright sell. Which I think is a missed opportunity for a sink CCP always complains we dont have enough of. Concord should tax the kill right sale return, like 10%. And Fast Talk for the seller should lower that specific tax by 1% per level. You are greasing Concords pocket to let people be vigilantes.
Smaller little sinks spread around could release the pressure from bloated more upsetting sinks like clone costs.
12Next page