These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

So plex prices just rose agn...

Author
Max Chee
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-11-21 12:06:08 UTC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUmIdifIpic Shocked

So I was watching the CCP Fanfest about the economy and while I was checking the prices of plex, it just went up from 590mil to 610mil

When will this madness end? Shocked
GallowsCalibrator
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2012-11-21 12:10:25 UTC
20 million could very probably just be a market fluctuation.

Relax.

Chill.
Ocih
Space Mermaids
Somethin Awfull Forums
#3 - 2012-11-21 12:31:29 UTC
It's as if nobody want's to pay for EVE any more.
TheBlueMonkey
Argent Gladius
Hole Tanking
#4 - 2012-11-21 12:40:38 UTC
It's coming up to xmass.

People have less money to spend on buying time cards\plex's to sell for isk.

People have less money to spend on game subscriptions.

More people want PLEX's

Less Plex's to go around

More demand than supply

Price rises.

It's almost like it's some kind of player driven economy or something
Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#5 - 2012-11-21 12:45:09 UTC
I recon linked song should explain why you created this thread, right?

Invalid signature format

Renan Ruivo
Hengetools Consumer Products S.A.
#6 - 2012-11-21 12:54:18 UTC
TheBlueMonkey wrote:
It's coming up to xmass.

People have less money to spend on buying time cards\plex's to sell for isk.

People have less money to spend on game subscriptions.

More people want PLEX's

Less Plex's to go around

More demand than supply

Price rises.

It's almost like it's some kind of player driven economy or something


Except that PLEX has been steadily rising in price in the last year and half.

The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.

Silk daShocka
Greasy Hair Club
#7 - 2012-11-21 12:55:53 UTC
2.5% is nothing out of the norm for daily fluctuation.

PLEX has been just around 600 for awhile now, not moving much even though minerals shot up about 10-15% across the board. Also ther'es a sell order up @ 608mil with 108 units, so I think it will be awhile before PLEX hits that 610 that you claim it has already hit.
Rordan D'Kherr
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2012-11-21 13:02:13 UTC
Max Chee wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUmIdifIpic Shocked

So I was watching the CCP Fanfest about the economy and while I was checking the prices of plex, it just went up from 590mil to 610mil

When will this madness end? Shocked


Still too cheap to invest.

Don't be scared, because being afk is not a crime.

Arduemont
The State of War.
#9 - 2012-11-21 13:04:30 UTC
Ocih wrote:
It's as if nobody want's to pay for EVE any more.


It's as if your understanding of economics and facts is broken.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Colonel Xaven
Perkone
Caldari State
#10 - 2012-11-21 13:04:46 UTC
Renan Ruivo wrote:
TheBlueMonkey wrote:
It's coming up to xmass.

People have less money to spend on buying time cards\plex's to sell for isk.

People have less money to spend on game subscriptions.

More people want PLEX's

Less Plex's to go around

More demand than supply

Price rises.

It's almost like it's some kind of player driven economy or something


Except that PLEX has been steadily rising in price in the last year and half.


Rising prices reflect pretty much the player's demand and supply. No magic here.

www.facebook.com/RazorAlliance

TheBlueMonkey
Argent Gladius
Hole Tanking
#11 - 2012-11-21 13:08:05 UTC
Renan Ruivo wrote:
TheBlueMonkey wrote:
It's coming up to xmass.

People have less money to spend on buying time cards\plex's to sell for isk.

People have less money to spend on game subscriptions.

More people want PLEX's

Less Plex's to go around

More demand than supply

Price rises.

It's almost like it's some kind of player driven economy or something


Except that PLEX has been steadily rising in price in the last year and half.


So PLEX's have become steadily more popular over the past year as CCP have been advertising and pushing them?
Renan Ruivo
Hengetools Consumer Products S.A.
#12 - 2012-11-21 13:15:14 UTC
TheBlueMonkey wrote:
So PLEX's have become steadily more popular over the past year as CCP have been advertising and pushing them?


Yes, which is my way of saying that i don't think the holidays make it fluctuate that much. PLEX prices rose steadily from 420m to 510m between october 2011 and february 2012, and kept on rising to its current levels.

Also a lot of EVE players are single or un-married men who have jobs, so they don't have much spending to do on christimas time. On the contrary, actually.

The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.

Keen Fallsword
Skyway Patrol
#13 - 2012-11-21 13:18:17 UTC
TheBlueMonkey wrote:
It's coming up to xmass.

People have less money to spend on buying time cards\plex's to sell for isk.

People have less money to spend on game subscriptions.

More people want PLEX's

Less Plex's to go around

More demand than supply

Price rises.

It's almost like it's some kind of player driven economy or something



Or maybe its more simple. Less ppl is buying plexes from CCP. less plexes on market price is going up.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#14 - 2012-11-21 13:18:18 UTC
I'll worry when it hits 900
Qvar Dar'Zanar
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2012-11-21 13:32:23 UTC
Keen Fallsword wrote:


Or maybe its more simple. Less ppl is buying plexes from CCP. less plexes on market price is going up.


Or the vets are coming back because they see actual ships in space, but no more newbies are trying the game than before. Guess...
Max Chee
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2012-11-21 13:42:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Max Chee
baltec1 wrote:
I'll worry when it hits 900


On the contrary I'll invest when it hits 900
TheBlueMonkey
Argent Gladius
Hole Tanking
#17 - 2012-11-21 13:50:25 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
I'll worry when it hits 900


That's when I'll sell a load of plex's
Esha Ditrix
#18 - 2012-11-21 13:50:58 UTC
Max Chee wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
I'll worry when it hits 900


On the contrary I'll invest when it hits 900


should'nt u invest NOW, and then sell WHEN they hit 900 ? :) ?

Its not an exploit, if the game lets you do it...

Inquisitor Kitchner
The Executives
Executive Outcomes
#19 - 2012-11-21 13:53:46 UTC

OH THE HUMANITY!

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Ocih
Space Mermaids
Somethin Awfull Forums
#20 - 2012-11-21 13:57:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Ocih
Arduemont wrote:
Ocih wrote:
It's as if nobody want's to pay for EVE any more.


It's as if your understanding of economics and facts is broken.


By all means enlighten me, Jughead.

Are we talking about Game economics or world economics?

- Make ISK to play game
- Make ISK to pay for game

Second option means I am grinding my guts out to be game poor

World Economics

- play a sub based MMO to pay for a sub based MMO because I can't afford to pay, be poor in game.
- Play one of a million free ones, not be poor in game, have more fun. Wait until things pick up.

or were you just trolling me because it's what your Goon Master told you to do?
123Next pageLast page