These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EVE Online Development Strategy (CSM Public)

First post First post
Author
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#241 - 2012-12-23 19:34:37 UTC
Scatim Helicon wrote:
What are you expecting CCP to do with it, exactly?



Forum posts = attention = activity = everyting is perfect forever

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Orakkus
Imperium Technologies
Hooligans.
#242 - 2013-01-08 16:08:12 UTC
I know we are to have a set of new minutes coming from the December meeting, but is there anything you can tell us right now (without tromping over the NDA, while not being vague at the same time) regarding the thoughts of the original document, and what was learned regarding it in December?

He's not just famous, he's "IN" famous. - Ned Nederlander

Hakan MacTrew
MUTED VOID
#243 - 2013-01-08 16:26:01 UTC
Orakkus wrote:
I know we are to have a set of new minutes coming from the December meeting, but is there anything you can tell us right now (without tromping over the NDA, while not being vague at the same time) regarding the thoughts of the original document, and what was learned regarding it in December?

Seconded.

Also, is there an approximate ETA on the minutes?
Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
Shadow Cartel
#244 - 2013-01-08 17:19:50 UTC
Orakkus wrote:
I know we are to have a set of new minutes coming from the December meeting, but is there anything you can tell us right now (without tromping over the NDA, while not being vague at the same time) regarding the thoughts of the original document, and what was learned regarding it in December?


Its pretty clear from what we've seen at the summit that CCP has taken our design strategy and iterated upon it to build their own slightly more nuanced version that will be used to guide their expansions moving forward, starting with the summer release. They should have a dev blog out that will accompany or precede the minutes release that will give a better description of not only how they plan to approach their development efforts from this point onward, but also who they've chosen to put in charge of EVE to oversee this (they've made another staff shift since we approached them with all of this, one we're very pleased about).

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

Orakkus
Imperium Technologies
Hooligans.
#245 - 2013-01-08 18:15:09 UTC
Good deal. One other question: Will we see some major features like Ring Mining, POS changes (I know they have been discussed already in this thread), and/or Walking In Stations be more than just discussed in 2013?

He's not just famous, he's "IN" famous. - Ned Nederlander

Scatim Helicon
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#246 - 2013-01-08 18:25:35 UTC
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:
Its pretty clear from what we've seen at the summit that CCP has taken our design strategy and iterated upon it to build their own slightly more nuanced version that will be used to guide their expansions moving forward, starting with the summer release.

So you're saying that CCP have iterated on Iterating on Iteration?

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Hakan MacTrew
MUTED VOID
#247 - 2013-01-08 18:27:23 UTC
Awesome!

Also, thanks for the fast response time, (if not an answer to when we might see the minutes.)

We'll just have to be patient I guess.
Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
Shadow Cartel
#248 - 2013-01-08 18:34:51 UTC
Orakkus wrote:
Good deal. One other question: Will we see some major features like Ring Mining, POS changes (I know they have been discussed already in this thread), and/or Walking In Stations be more than just discussed in 2013?


Walking in Stations is permanently iced from everything we can see. Nothing planned for 2013, or ever, until CCP changes their mindset about the feature. The rest is undecided yet (the dev blog and minutes will elaborate on this, basically CCP wants to start including the CSM in the early planning stages and will be doing this for summer in the coming month, with room for public input as well), but due to the revamped development approach, i don't think anyone should take it for granted that Feature X or Feature Y is for sure coming this year (including POS's).

That being said, what CCP shares in common with our design strategy is both the need and desire to reach beyond the "patch"-style expansions that have comprised Crucible, Inferno, and Retribution. They definitely want to tackle bigger features, which ones those will be and in what order is still up in the air.

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
Shadow Cartel
#249 - 2013-01-08 18:37:11 UTC
Scatim Helicon wrote:
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:
Its pretty clear from what we've seen at the summit that CCP has taken our design strategy and iterated upon it to build their own slightly more nuanced version that will be used to guide their expansions moving forward, starting with the summer release.

So you're saying that CCP have iterated on Iterating on Iteration?


Indeed. Cool

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
Shadow Cartel
#250 - 2013-01-08 18:38:36 UTC
Hakan MacTrew wrote:
Awesome!

Also, thanks for the fast response time, (if not an answer to when we might see the minutes.)

We'll just have to be patient I guess.


It's in CCP's hands now. End of this week? Early next week? Wish I could say.

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

Orakkus
Imperium Technologies
Hooligans.
#251 - 2013-01-08 18:38:49 UTC
Alright, thanks!

He's not just famous, he's "IN" famous. - Ned Nederlander

Hakan MacTrew
MUTED VOID
#252 - 2013-01-08 18:45:22 UTC
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:
Hakan MacTrew wrote:
Awesome!

Also, thanks for the fast response time, (if not an answer to when we might see the minutes.)

We'll just have to be patient I guess.


It's in CCP's hands now. End of this week? Early next week? Wish I could say.

Soon (tm)
Ah well...

But hey, you answered, so thank you.