These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

So what do Suicide Gankers need?

First post
Author
Jenn Makanen
Doomheim
#1 - 2011-10-03 23:42:11 UTC
Being a kind hearted soul who wants to see nothing but the looked down on sucide ganker getting ahead, and incidentally taking out my more foolish competition, I have a few questions. (yes, this is a forum alt.)

What do you need, ship and weapon wise?

• Thrasher?
  • M0 280 Arty? or T2?
  • t1 gyros, or t2?
  • Cheap damage rigs?

That kind of thing. While I'm probably sticking to destroyers for now, later would come BCs and maybe BBs. All depends on money.

What stations would be useful to have stocked up for you?

Would you use contracts to buy pre-setup ships? Just jump in and go?
Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2011-10-03 23:59:00 UTC
Suicide gankers have no honour.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

Jenn Makanen
Doomheim
#3 - 2011-10-04 00:28:35 UTC
Ladie Scarlet wrote:
Suicide gankers have no honour.

I'd get onto making Brutix and so on, but the starting capital for that is a couple of weeks away right now. Big smile
Darius III
Interstellar eXodus
The Initiative.
#4 - 2011-10-04 00:32:54 UTC
You need skills, dedication and passion for the kill. Bitches don't know that suiciding takes loads of patience and depending on how you do it-sometimes lots of skill.

What are you planning on ganking? I have been ganking pods as part of my election promise:
http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/combat_record.php?type=player&name=Darius+lll

If you are going to be hitting anything besides Pods, shuttle and rookie ships a lone thrasher will not suffice. Sometimes you can pop some of the frigs with a nicely T2 fit Thrasher, but in general not.

Are you going to be popping miners or ships with cargo? Afk pods in Jita like a BOSS? Update your post a bit, and I can taylor my response to better suit you.

Or you can mail/convo me directly in game, I always answer every mail sent, and if I can help-or you have more questions don't hesitate to get me in game-many times I am afk but in the end I will always get back to ya-D3

Hmmm

Jenn Makanen
Doomheim
#5 - 2011-10-04 00:44:02 UTC
Heh. I wasn't planning on ganking anything myself (yet, at least)

Just turning a small profit supporting people who gank. Tears by proxy?

Fitting out stations with fittings so people don't need to trawl over into Jita to get stuff, then bring it back out again, for people that gank in the pipes.
Adekan Solari
Shedload of Zeds
#6 - 2011-10-04 03:53:03 UTC
I typically see either a Geddon or Apoc fitted with arty and loads of sebos for solo gate gankers. Thrashers are fairly common as well, but more en masse than the others.

Rigs are a no. Too much loss for too little gain. When you've got the lows filled with 3-4x damage mods you get 1-2 dps for each rig. BSes can get by with meta 3 guns, but thrashers will require tech 2 just to be sure. They aren't all that expensive either, I think 400k-800k per? As for gyros, I use tech 2 when I need to be sure the job is done, tech 1 when I have backup.

Note: I'm definitely no pro like D3, but these are my observations.
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#7 - 2011-10-04 03:54:18 UTC
Quote:

Balls and a wonton disregard for self preservation.
Angry Onions
League of Angered Gentlemen
#8 - 2011-10-04 05:13:26 UTC
I'm fond of small teams of autocannon (t2 of course) fitted ruptures that cheaply sebo'd and with some cheap dmg mods work quite well for dispatching mining barges and some exhumers. Sadly this setup is hard to come by outside of jita or minmatar space. 2 ruptures can down a mackinaw within 4 seconds if they fitted right.
5 can probalby down a Hulk rather easily as well, (not sure on this, willing to try it tho)
Also blaster thorax's work good as well.

S H I T P O S T I N G

Awoxina Dojona
Doomheim
#9 - 2011-10-04 15:00:15 UTC
dear scrub: please read the other 183 SG posts in C&P before posting a new identical question
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#10 - 2011-10-04 15:05:59 UTC
we need brutixes, lots of brutixes

stock dodixie

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Jenn Makanen
Doomheim
#11 - 2011-10-04 15:31:25 UTC
Awoxina Dojona wrote:
dear scrub: please read the other 183 SG posts in C&P before posting a new identical question

Dear Scrag, learn to read. I see a lack of other posts about how an Indy might support suicide gankers. Teeny tiny difference there.

Weaselior wrote:

stock dodixie

Sure, I'd be glad to. I just need a 500 million security deposit Blink On a more serious note, I'll check out BPC costs, run the numbers and find a nearby station that works for production.

Magnetic Field Stabilizers? Guns?

Kriegman
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#12 - 2011-10-05 16:04:15 UTC
We need tears. How you get them is question of ISK to tear extraction ratio.
Barbara Nichole
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2011-10-05 18:52:58 UTC
Quote:

an enema.

- remove the cloaked from local; free intel is the real problem, not  "afk" cloaking -

[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/DawnFrostbringer/consultsig.jpg[/IMG]

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2011-10-05 23:17:03 UTC
I like an audience present when I do it, provided they're not all macros it's funny watching them trip over the rocks in a mad scramble to not be next Lol

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Angry Onions
League of Angered Gentlemen
#15 - 2011-10-06 00:44:37 UTC
dont forget to support the ducttape gankers as well :) almost impossible to find a cheap ruppy outside of rens

S H I T P O S T I N G

Jenn Makanen
Doomheim
#16 - 2011-10-06 01:35:18 UTC
Any station/region in particular you'd like stocked? Using locator agents to find my customers is a little extreme.

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#17 - 2011-10-06 03:38:52 UTC
Angry Onions wrote:
dont forget to support the ducttape gankers as well :) almost impossible to find a cheap ruppy outside of rens

i am going to go down to your space and start ganking people left and right for this ruppy crap

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Alikchi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2011-10-06 04:15:37 UTC
Jenn Makanen wrote:
Awoxina Dojona wrote:

Dear Scrag, learn to read. I see a lack of other posts about how an Indy might support suicide gankers. Teeny tiny difference there.

Weaselior wrote:

stock dodixie

Sure, I'd be glad to. I just need a 500 million security deposit Blink On a more serious note, I'll check out BPC costs, run the numbers and find a nearby station that works for production.

Magnetic Field Stabilizers? Guns?

Mag stabilizers are good. Anode Neutrons and Heavy Neutron IIs. Void ammo and Caldari EMP.
Nicolai Xperte
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2011-10-06 05:49:34 UTC
A noose and a high ceiling heard that works

I don't always bring out my Absolution.

But when I do it makes the Blue's rage, lol.

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2011-10-06 05:56:39 UTC
Nicolai Xperte wrote:
A noose and a high ceiling heard that works

Naw, we can just pod them. No need to hang the people we gank Pirate

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

12Next page