These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Exploration: selling

Author
RaKuRa Combesa
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-11-12 23:42:00 UTC
I have heard that people can sell, say, WH they find through exploration... but is that really possible?

For example, I just found a WH class 5 ... is that worth anything ... How do I sell things i find?

Galaxy Pig
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#2 - 2012-11-13 00:25:59 UTC
It is indeed possible, and mostly takes place in the sell orders forum under marketplace. People will typically only want to buy wormholes that are unoccupied. To ensure it's unoccupied you need to d-scan the whole system and ensure no structures (particularly control towers) are present. To sell it you pretty much just need to stay in it (cloaked or logged off or you will die) and make a post offering it for a reasonable price. You can also look at buy orders for wh's to see if anyone is looking for a similar hole. Your post should include the J-number of the wh (example: J105000) and typically a link to the staticmapper.com description for buyer convenience. Essentially you accept isk in exchange for showing the buyer the entrance. Smart buyers will want to use a third party service to ensure you don't rip them off, you want to look into the third party to make sure they're legit, the only reputable one I know of is Chribba. Hope this helps. :)

Highsec is owned by players now. Systems 0.5-1.0 are New Order Territory. All miners and other residents of Highsec must obey The Code. Mining without a permit is dangerous and harmful to the EVE community. See www.MinerBumping.com

Galaxy Pig
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#3 - 2012-11-13 00:29:56 UTC
Oh! Wh's will often have "dead" towers in them, if there's no forcefield it typically indicates a dead/abandoned tower :)

Highsec is owned by players now. Systems 0.5-1.0 are New Order Territory. All miners and other residents of Highsec must obey The Code. Mining without a permit is dangerous and harmful to the EVE community. See www.MinerBumping.com

RaKuRa Combesa
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-11-13 00:31:59 UTC
thank you