These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Eve logging screen~ CPU usage 100% in i7?

Author
Sheo Woof
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-11-12 14:37:50 UTC
So like~ Out of boredom~ I decided to run 10 clients~ I have 32GB of RAM and an I7 3770 blah blah or such, its rly fast, and a gtx 570 videocard~ very very fast~.

I open the ctrl + alt +delete blah blah, and I check my CPU usage and it hivers at around 28% when I have 10 clients open, steadily, but check this, I open an 11th client and CPU usage goes at 98% to 100% and doesnt go down ever untill I log in. As an experiment. I oppened 9 clients, logged them into my mining accounts, then opened up 9 more clients, as in the game exefile, and no lag, seems the loading screen is CPU intensive after 9~ like crazy, but if I have 18 accounts logged in(thats right I have 18 null sec mining accounts) it doesnt lag at all and CPU hovers at 30%.

So my question is, what the fudge? How come the loading screen, with my game set in optimised for memory settings, lag after 9 clients?
Sin Pew
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2012-11-12 14:44:01 UTC
Login screen discards account specific settings, some graphic settings must be to the default "pretty" setting.

[i]"haiku are easy, But sometimes they don't make sense, Refrigerator."[/i]

Sheo Woof
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2012-11-12 14:59:52 UTC
Sin Pew wrote:
Login screen discards account specific settings, some graphic settings must be to the default "pretty" setting.

Your picture, thats the best thing ever! O,..,O

I suspected that might be it~ cant find any way to modify any standard settings file n blah blahs, strangest thing is that its all fine and such but when I get just one, ONE extra client it spikes 70% more CPU like crazy.