These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I can't find my first ship!

First post
Author
Djee Hessem
Terre Canada QUEBEC
#1 - 2012-11-09 04:28:40 UTC
Hi there everyone, First off i'd like to say this looks like a great game, with a steep learnig curve. :( But i knew all that before signing off for a trial. i really want to get into the the game and i did hell lot of reading before trying it. But still, i'm overwhelmed.
I know i have to do tutorials... wich i'm trying to do....I am Gallente, started in sinq laison, nexus, bourynes system, bourynes VII., univerity of caille. Please be kind cause this is probably obvious to you alll, but a can't find my first ship and pilot anything else than that capsule... here is the situation.
This is what mission objective for tutorial 4, after talking to aura, says:

Covering the Basics

Mission briefing
At the moment, all you have to fly is a capsule. Our first priority is to get you into a starship.

Your assignment: Follow the tutorial steps, I will guide you to a hidden location in space.

If you ever get lost, remember to use the back and next buttons and read the tutorial slides or you can quit the mission and start over again from the beginning.

Covering the Basics Objectives
The following objectives must be completed to finish the mission:

Objective
Fly to the location in space, retrieve your ship, and use it to carry back an item from a local Gallente Cargo Rig.
Location 1,0 Bourynes

Rewards
The following rewards will be yours if you complete this mission:
1 x Repair Systems

Ok it says: Follow the tutorial steps. Wich are as follows:

Now you've mastered your basic camera controls, you need to use your warp drive to travel to your mission objective.

To do this, locate the Agent Missions listing in the upper left corner of your screen, click on your current mission name (Covering the Basics), and then select the Warp to Location option.

This will engage your warp drive, a system that allows you to travel across star systems extremely quickly.

Click next when you've started to warp to your destination.

When i do warp to location, it warp me away in random space with nothing close to me. then i click back on warp to location, and i come back where i started... So i i'm looking for some kind of Gallaente cargo rig, lookiing in overview, but nothing....
I'm clueless, seriously. It's a bit disapointing cuz i'm just to step four of 10000.... damn. Plus, there is some kind of glitch that displays my speed at 172m/sec even though i'm not moving, and i need to click a few times or wait a bit to move again, or maybe i'm missing something there. anyway please help me about that ship.... Where is it?

Will work for isk

ISD LackOfFaith
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#2 - 2012-11-09 04:46:54 UTC
It sounds like the mission is bugged. When you first warp in, you shouldn't be in the middle of nowhere, there should be stuff there. You should file a support petition for it.

F12 > Petition > Gameplay > Missions in Progress

File it under that category to make sure it will get responded to ASAP by a GM.

The tutorial missions can sometimes bug out, unfortunately. Thankfully the CCP game moderators try very hard to keep on the ball and solve these problems as they arise.

Good luck, and welcome to Eve!

ISD LackOfFaith

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to Eve Mail or anything other than the forums.

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#3 - 2012-11-09 04:50:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
Someone else recently posted the same thing. I'll try to find the thread.

I recommend that you warp to the location, then wait there for a minute. Sometimes it can take time for a site to spawn around you.

Failing that, file a petition. the GM staff give a high priority to stuck petitions, especially from new players.

EDIT: Found the thread! Floating in space - newbie dumb question
Djee Hessem
Terre Canada QUEBEC
#4 - 2012-11-09 06:08:47 UTC
Thank you very much for your help. I contacted GM, with a quick response they helped me realize i wasn't looking enough. :/ i feel very dumb now, damn. And about speed display issue, not sure now, since i found the ship, i did not have trouble with display, but warp bubble is collapsing often, is simply how warp ends? Or maybe it needs cooldown between jumps until i get something better?
Anyway thanks again folks. c ya in New Eden.

Will work for isk

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#5 - 2012-11-09 07:50:44 UTC
Check the Day 0 advice for new players thread. There's link to Seamus O'Donahue's "Surviving EVE Online" video series, which should be right up your alley. It will walk you through the tutorial series, pointing out some of the things that veteran players take for granted (such as: things you've been instructed to find aren't always placed in your field of view). Try the tutorial missions yourself, then when you get stuck you can refer to the video.

If you need more help, make sure to join the "Help" channel ingame. Feel free to contact me in game if you see me online.
ISD LackOfFaith
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#6 - 2012-11-09 07:51:37 UTC
Djee Hessem wrote:
Thank you very much for your help. I contacted GM, with a quick response they helped me realize i wasn't looking enough. :/ i feel very dumb now, damn. And about speed display issue, not sure now, since i found the ship, i did not have trouble with display, but warp bubble is collapsing often, is simply how warp ends? Or maybe it needs cooldown between jumps until i get something better?

"Warp bubble collapse" is indeed only fancyspeak for coming out of warp at your destination (or a mid point if you didn't have enough cap). It sounds like something catastrophic, but it really is normal.

Also no, there is no cooldown for warping again other than your ship's align time. There is a cooldown of 15 seconds for jumping through gates or other session changes, though (jumping system, docking, joining a fleet, etc).

ISD LackOfFaith

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to Eve Mail or anything other than the forums.

J'Poll
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#7 - 2012-11-09 13:01:28 UTC  |  Edited by: J'Poll
ISD LackOfFaith wrote:
Djee Hessem wrote:

"Warp bubble collapse" is indeed only fancyspeak for coming out of warp at your destination (or a mid point if you didn't have enough cap). It sounds like something catastrophic, but it really is normal.

Also no, there is no cooldown for warping again other than your ship's align time. There is a cooldown of 15 seconds for jumping through gates or other session changes, though (jumping system, docking, joining a fleet, etc).

The only cooldown period for warping I can think of is your capacitor.

Your warp drive uses capacitor power to initiate. This means with a low capacitor and a long warp distance you might not be able to make it in 1 straight warp and drop out of warp somewhere half way your destination.

So an empty capacitor is kind of a cooldown, but it will hardly every happen as usually during warp your capacitor recharges enough to continue to next warp directly after landing.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Djee Hessem
Terre Canada QUEBEC
#8 - 2012-11-10 23:06:58 UTC
Thank you all for your replies. Much appreciated and helpful! :)

Will work for isk