These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

How Would You Change Nullsec?

Author
Hans Zwaardhandler
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#1 - 2012-10-19 21:55:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Hans Zwaardhandler
Essentialy what the opening title of the thread says; how would you change nullsec for the better? I hear often how nullsec should be rebalanced and changed a bit to better support people, so what would you do to change stuff in nullsec?

How would you change industry? Sov mechanics and such things? Ratting and plexes? Infrastructure hubs and the sov grind? Station mechanics and settlement of areas, etc. etc. etc.? I really am curious to hear the ideas that everyone has here, and would love to understand what it is people from all around null would like to change and adjust.
rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#2 - 2012-10-19 21:57:08 UTC
Take one of the l(s) away.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

De'Veldrin
Adversity.
Psychotic Tendencies.
#3 - 2012-10-19 22:01:46 UTC
I'd make sov less of a grind and more of an active participation to hold your space mechanic.

I'm not sure what that would look like, but it's what I'd like to see.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Gaia Ma'chello
V.I.C.E.
#4 - 2012-10-19 22:01:52 UTC
Make it so you can have more manufacturing slots in a system.

Make it so what you mine is not pre-ordained by the spawns that you have to totally clear out before you get another spawn.

Insure that the worst null sec system is better for making isk than L4 mission running.

Make sov depend on something other than shooting structures, like shooting other players.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#5 - 2012-10-19 22:07:20 UTC
Limit number of active falcons in system at a time to less than 40.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Jim Era
#6 - 2012-10-19 22:11:15 UTC
add farmville and the ability to poke pilots who come into your system.

Watâ„¢

Nylith Empyreal
Blood Marauders
#7 - 2012-10-19 22:14:38 UTC
I'd make CIV 5+ in space. Then I'd research into buddhism etc. and attack the Amarr in a holy war!

Who's the more foolish the fool or the fool who replies to him?

Asaryuu
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2012-10-19 22:16:40 UTC
Add Concord. LoL
Muffini
#9 - 2012-10-19 22:20:45 UTC
-Add pirate faction police and roaming CONCORD gangs who kill everyone in system

-Increase fuel cost of moon mining by 350% also cut their fuel bay by 350%

-Randomly reorder where the gates lead whenever there is a dust storm

-Add dust storms which affect entire constellations and drain all ships capacitors to 0%
rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#10 - 2012-10-19 22:21:08 UTC
A ganking emote, that way you don't really have to gank them. Local will just say how you ganked them, so you can epeen still, but everyone flies away with their ship intact.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#11 - 2012-10-19 22:27:46 UTC
rodyas wrote:
A ganking emote, that way you don't really have to gank them. Local will just say how you ganked them, so you can epeen still, but everyone flies away with their ship intact.

Interesting idea....

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

iskflakes
#12 - 2012-10-19 22:29:19 UTC
Add actual rewards for holding sov. Right now there is literally no reason to ever hold sov, ever (except to rent it out).

Example reward: 3% reduced material costs for manufacturing per system owned in this constellation.
Example reward: Sentry guns on gates
Example reward: System scanner to detect cloakies

-

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#13 - 2012-10-19 22:33:56 UTC
Milk and Cookies in every station.

An AFK cloaker in every system.

And more officer spawns.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2012-10-19 22:41:35 UTC

• Buff player-created station services to where its weakest services beat the pants out of an NPC station's strongest station service in terms of efficiency.
  • Introduce lawless-space exclusive pos modules that are capable of (because even superstation services would not) supplying 0.0 alliances' war machines (this indirectly infers that highsec should not be capable of doing so)
  • Introduce lawless space-exclusive modules that outstrip everything else at Tech 2-related production. WHs can have T3 equivalents.
  • Introduce capital strip miners that only work on low end minerals so players will have an incentive to mine lowends in 0.0.
  • Incentivize non-anom, non-grav site based i-hub upgrades by varying the military/industrial index on things other then ratting/mining respectively
  • Make the 0.0 sov system based on multiple factors, including structures, time of occupancy, usage of space, kills v/ losses, DUST control, POCOs and so forth, and balance the increased player oversight by reducing or eliminating the cost of sov. Gigantic, punitive ISK fees drive only out small alliances, in case you missed the past two years.
KrakizBad
Section 8.
#15 - 2012-10-19 22:45:59 UTC
Allow control of a system to correspondingly allow control of CONCORD in a hisec system.
Selinate
#16 - 2012-10-19 22:47:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Selinate
I don't know what needs changing in null sec. I'm sure that sovereignty has it's problems, along with the logistics of managing large alliances.

However, as far as for the solo player, null sec as it is is fairly optimal IMO. At least it's fun for me to explore null whenever I get in the mood. It's also fairly sparsely populated in some regions, and this alone makes it very penetrable for the solo player who wants to make isk out there. The biggest thing that I can think of to make null sec more penetrable for the solo player is, as I've mentioned numerous, numerous time, would be a ship somewhat like an orca that can serve as a mobile platform for a player or two. Simply set up the ship like a station in a system that has limited capabilities for manufacturing, clones, etc., and also make it so that it consumes fuel at a rate that requires it to be refueled every few days, and require that it be refueled at a full station and boom, we have a pretty cool new ship that lets the solo player live out in null sec for a low investment for limited periods of time.

As far as PvP goes, I'm not sure what could be done there. People complain about blobs in null all the time, and this is simply going to be the reality of null sec so long as we have large alliances which live in null and have incredible reserves of materials and isk. I'm not saying that there can't be improvements to null to make small gang PvP also a worthwhile form of PvP, but I am saying that you're not likely going to get rid of blobs. One idea would be to move away from POS's and stations (or at least provide options for smaller groups of players) in null where the industrial strength or an alliance needs to be fairly centralized in a given system at a POS or station, where both are pretty difficult to attack with a small gang of sub-cap ships, which would encourage alliances to spread out military forces more in order to defend targets that are more spread out.
Cameron Cahill
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2012-10-19 22:52:53 UTC
Fix station slots (especially for offices).
Buff income (say double the best in highsec with lowsec buffed to come halfway).
Less timers (1 per structure is enough).
Don't make sov pve related in any way. Ever.

Connaght Badasaz
Lewis and Clark Inc.
#18 - 2012-10-19 23:03:04 UTC
A tower that randomly sends out a signal that decloaks friend or foe for 30 seconds.

Take arrows in the forehead, never the back

Val'Dore
PlanetCorp InterStellar
#19 - 2012-10-19 23:31:21 UTC
Progressive entrenchment sovereignty, make null sec roids 10x bigger, make null sec the only place roids respawn, make null sec bigger through this plan:

All empire faction empire capitol systems are 1.0 with each connecting system dropping by 0.1 sec status. This would create islands of high sec surrounded by shallows of low sec and seas of null sec.

I don't give a rat's ass if the high elves can't get to Jita anymore.

Star Jump Drive A new way to traverse the galaxy.

I invented Tiericide

Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#20 - 2012-10-19 23:33:45 UTC
See my sig.
123Next pageLast page