These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Insanity / Shakeology

Author
Drunein
Lockheed Nighthawk
#1 - 2012-10-16 00:57:28 UTC
Those of you who have completed the insanity program, did you also do Shakeology?

If yes: Was it worth it?

Im currently doing insanity and can't decide if I want shakeology or not.
Zixie Draco
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2012-10-16 01:03:56 UTC
wat

Would you like a kitten?

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2012-10-16 01:24:44 UTC
I believe he's talking about those scam exercise dvds... go to the gym, lazy!

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Drunein
Lockheed Nighthawk
#4 - 2012-10-16 02:44:10 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:

If I was lazy I would't do insanity. Here we go opening our mouths about things we don't know. <3 das forums. Lol

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2012-10-16 03:24:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Surfin's PlunderBunny
Drunein wrote:

If I was lazy I would't do insanity. Here we go opening our mouths about things we don't know. <3 das forums. Lol

I spend 2 hours in the gym 6 days a week, I think I know what I'm talking about. In order to get results you need to do actual work, in order to get results hopping around you need an actual trainer because I guarantee you you're not doing it right so you won't see any results from it because you'll get bored in a month or so and stop. It took me 3 months to see any results from my work (2 hours is the minimum time to spend on each workout) which started after 2 months of intermittent fasting and light cardio to get me ready for the actual task.

Though I'm sure you'll be different than everyone else... you'll be like this in a week! Big smilehttp://rebeccascritchfield.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/erik_chopin.jpg

*Edit: Just get a wii P

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Aragoni
Black Talon Command
#6 - 2012-10-16 09:52:00 UTC
Insanity is not scam. I know a couple that has done it and you can see the results. Personally I won't do it as I prefer the gym.
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2012-10-16 14:23:26 UTC
Aragoni wrote:
Insanity is not scam. I know a couple that has done it and you can see the results. Personally I won't do it as I prefer the gym.

They obviously have the time and dedication for it. Not how I picture the op with his buying different ones

Bane Necran
Appono Astos
#8 - 2012-10-16 16:54:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Bane Necran
People like to think some machine or program will make it easier, but they all only work as well as what you put into them.

Ditch all the fancy details and simply drop and give me 20.

NOW, NOW, NOW, YOU MAGGOTS

edit: actually, i suppose that would be 'the screaming drill instructor' program, which would be just another gimmick. What i'm trying to get at here, however poorly, is that you just need to exercise in any way shape or form. No machine or program is going to allow you to do things you couldn't do without them.

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness." ~Miyamoto Musashi

Drunein
Lockheed Nighthawk
#9 - 2012-10-16 17:13:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Drunein
Aragoni wrote:

They obviously have the time and dedication for it. Not how I picture the op with his buying different ones

I do PT in the morning 5 / week (which really isn't anything special, just a maintainer really) and gym at lunch. Insanity is for a 3rd at night. You don't know me, you're making asusmptions mate. Troll 5/10 for lack of effort I guess. Good talk.

All insanity is is excersises that one could easily do without the videos, yes. I fully understand that. But it was free so why not at least give it a 60 day chance.

OP was just to see if anyone had tried shakeology. Seeing as its ridiculously over priced I was curious if anyone had experiances. Was never to question the validity of the exercises on the video.

Thank you for your expert advice though Plunder.. ? lol
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#10 - 2012-10-16 17:37:46 UTC
I spend 2 mins once a week with my Sally Struthers Thighmaster while watching a Sweating to the Oldies VHS i recorded off an infomercial on accident 23 years ago.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2012-10-16 19:17:58 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
I spend 2 mins once a week with my Sally Struthers Thighmaster while watching a Sweating to the Oldies VHS i recorded off an infomercial on accident 23 years ago.

You need to wear one of those ab jiggling belt things too

Evelyn Meiyi
Corvidae Trading and Holding
#12 - 2012-10-16 19:21:38 UTC
Drunein wrote:
Those of you who have completed the insanity program, did you also do Shakeology?

If yes: Was it worth it?

Im currently doing insanity and can't decide if I want shakeology or not.

Personally, I've never understood why someone would find doing a workout called 'Insanity' at all appealing....

But that's just me...
Theron Urian
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#13 - 2012-10-16 19:26:04 UTC
Insanity and P90X are nothing but body weight / Low resistance high pace circuit training and a crappy little diet plan.

Spend 20 min on the internet and you can put together the program yourself and spend no money at all.

If your an average couch potato, its good to loose weight and get in general shape.

If you are some one that is highly dedicated and interested in fitness or an athlete / body builder, heavy iron, power lifting, olympic lifting, and sport specific training plans are where its at.

It all depends on where you are currently and what you want to get out of it.

The idea that a video can custom train your specific needs is asinine.
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2012-10-16 19:39:18 UTC
Theron Urian wrote:
Insanity and P90X are nothing but body weight / Low resistance high pace circuit training and a crappy little diet plan.

Spend 20 min on the internet and you can put together the program yourself and spend no money at all.

If your an average couch potato, its good to loose weight and get in general shape.

If you are some one that is highly dedicated and interested in fitness or an athlete / body builder, heavy iron, power lifting, olympic lifting, and sport specific training plans are where its at.

It all depends on where you are currently and what you want to get out of it.

Not at all... I watched every season of Biggest Loser and I was so scared of getting fat I worked myself into losing 30 lbs and started on my daily 5 mile (approx 8km) runs. I look awesome now and it was all because of Biggest Loser Big smile

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#15 - 2012-10-16 19:40:15 UTC
Theron Urian wrote:

It may make my asinine, but it makes my legs a perfect 10.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Brujo Loco
Brujeria Teologica
#16 - 2012-10-17 13:30:04 UTC
Do you even lift?

Inner Sayings of BrujoLoco: http://eve-files.com/sig/brujoloco