These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Gallente Ice Interdiction Resumes

First post
Author
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-10-15 00:00:55 UTC
Would appear Goonswarm is back to manipulating the Oxygen Isotope market (good on them, by the way.) Mackinaw killmails are rolling in. Volume the last two days has been nearly triple the norm. And prices are 1.5x higher than they were.

Prepare. Stockpile. Invest.

Will the prices head upwards to 1400 ISK per unit, as they did last interdiction?
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2012-10-15 00:01:36 UTC
not likely as now we have fuel blocks

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2012-10-15 00:03:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Poetic Stanziel
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
I'm not sure exactly how that works ... but I assume you still have to mine the stuff before turning them into fuel blocks.
Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
#4 - 2012-10-15 00:11:14 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
I'm not sure exactly how the works ... but I assume you still have to mine the stuff before turning them into fuel blocks.

Correct. It was bound to swing up anyway due to the all time low. Though some exploding ships likely helped spread some panic.
Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#5 - 2012-10-15 00:13:01 UTC
NOT POSSIBLE!!!

Ganking CAN'T be done in Eve anymore.

Mackinaws are INVULNERABLE.

ShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Lyrrashae
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2012-10-15 00:15:55 UTC
Just in time for my new hot-rod PC to (hopefully) make EVE playable again! Yay'z, I haz happy!

Urp-splosion?

Ni.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#7 - 2012-10-15 00:16:14 UTC
Touval Lysander wrote:
NOT POSSIBLE!!!

Not invulnerable, just not cheap to do.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#8 - 2012-10-15 00:18:31 UTC
Hmm I see a tie in with James315, the New Order bump 'em the Goons gank them. Emergent gameplay at it's finest

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#9 - 2012-10-15 00:26:34 UTC  |  Edited by: DarthNefarius
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Would appear Goonswarm is back to manipulating the Oxygen Isotope market (good on them, by the way.) Mackinaw killmails are rolling in. Volume the last two days has been nearly triple the norm. And prices are 1.5x higher than they were.

Prepare. Stockpile. Invest.

Will the prices head upwards to 1400 ISK per unit, as they did last interdiction?

If true here comes the Procuror multi boxers to GALL space that'll makethe 20 box retriever fleets look like sharks in a school of sardines http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_lrgYd2Sd3iM/TNLCFtWlIHI/AAAAAAAAAM0/GNU4PtIO__k/s1600/sardines-shark-south-africa-707706-xl.jpg
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#10 - 2012-10-15 00:27:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Touval Lysander
baltec1 wrote:
Touval Lysander wrote:
NOT POSSIBLE!!!

No way man. I've been reading for days and days about "Eve is dying" because of the Mack buff. yaddy ya....

And if...errr... "not profitable".... what would be the errr..... reason..... for.... the.... errr... interdiction?

Lies. All lies.

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#11 - 2012-10-15 00:29:57 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
If true here comes the Procuror multi boxers to GALL space that'll makethe 20 box retriever fleets look like mackruels in a school of sardiens http://media.treehugger.com/assets/images/2011/10/20100518-school-of-fish.jpg

what

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#12 - 2012-10-15 00:34:06 UTC
Touval Lysander wrote:

No way man. I've been reading for days and days about "Eve is dying" because of the Mack buff. yaddy ya....

And if...errr... "not profitable".... what would be the errr..... reason..... for.... the.... errr... interdiction?

Lies. All lies.

You can thank the freighter pilots for the subsitiesBlink

Also NC.
MatrixSkye Mk2
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2012-10-15 00:36:30 UTC
Touval Lysander wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Touval Lysander wrote:
NOT POSSIBLE!!!

Lies. All lies.

This.

After all the whinage and crying that suiciding miners is no longer profitable I find it hard to believe that miners are being suicided to increase... profits.

Successfully doinitwrong™ since 2006.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#14 - 2012-10-15 00:38:32 UTC
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:

This.

After all the whinage and crying that suiciding miners is no longer profitable I find it hard to believe that miners are being suicided to increase... profits.

Whoever said anythng about making a profit?
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#15 - 2012-10-15 00:39:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
DarthNefarius wrote:

If true here comes the Procuror multi boxers to GALL space that'll makethe 20 box retriever fleets look like sharks in a school of sardines

English translation, people will afk mine ice in multiboxed Procurors.

The truth is that even if they did, they wouldn't fit tanks, they would fit for yield/cargo and would die to a suicide gank, not to mention that the ore hold is too small to make it really viable.

36 minutes for 12 blocks of ice is a sizeable amount of time invested for the return even in a cheap barge like a Procuror.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#16 - 2012-10-15 00:39:20 UTC
Andski wrote:

what

ICE procuror fits can AFK for about 30 minutes & have ~5X the eHP... will be interesting if they start popping up or if cheap retiervers replace the MACs in the ice fields
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
MatrixSkye Mk2
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2012-10-15 00:39:49 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:

This.

Whoever said anythng about making a profit?

I'm being lazy today, so not gonna go dig up yer posts. But I'm pretty sure you were one of the ones claiming that you could no longer profit from suiciding miners. Let me know if you disagree so I can start digging a bit Blink.

Successfully doinitwrong™ since 2006.

Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#18 - 2012-10-15 00:40:46 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Touval Lysander wrote:

Lies. All lies.

You can thank the freighter pilots for the subsitiesBlink

Also NC.

So ganking Macks IS possible AND it's able to be done PROFITABLY.

I feel much better now. I was positive the horrendous angst in multiple topics, the tears, the concerns, the outrage, the rants about those stupid, stupid miners and those poor, poor gankers was all TRUE.

Phew.

Ok, thx. Resuming life as I know it.

Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2012-10-15 00:43:30 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Touval Lysander wrote:
NOT POSSIBLE!!!

Not unless you buy up a crap tonne of Oxytopes, at the all-time low, then start attacking to force the price upwards. Profit!
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2012-10-15 00:46:39 UTC
Touval Lysander wrote:
So ganking Macks IS possible AND it's able to be done PROFITABLY.
Attacking a Mack isn't profitable.

What's profitable is buying up all the supplies at the all-time low, and then attacking to force the price upwards ... then sell those stocks.
123Next pageLast page