These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Freighters: Time for change ?

First post
Author
Newsflash
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-09-29 11:30:10 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Suvetar
Currently freighters are way too easy to suicidegank and there is nothing pilot can do to prevent it.

It does not require many ships to succesfully suicide freighter and because suicideganking is one aspect of this game give freighters much much more HP so atleast gankers need to bring in team of 40-50 ships to achieve their goal.

Right now its just laughably easily done with even under 10 BC for example.
Mai Khumm
#2 - 2012-09-29 11:38:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Mai Khumm
Advoid "Highways"
When moving blueprints, use a Transport ship, I currently use a insta warp 15.5AU/s Crane w/20k ehp...
Don't wrap your ****.
Bring friends, be it either combat or logi.
Make insta warp bookmarks for every jump in your route...

There's dozens upon dozens of ways to avoid getting ganked, people is just stupid.....really really stupid.

-EDIT-
I also forgot to say:
DON'T AUTOPILOT!!!
And try to do your "runs" around downtime.
Charles Javeroux
INTERSTELLAR CREDIT
#3 - 2012-09-29 11:47:32 UTC
Newsflash wrote:
currently freighters are way too easy to suicidegank and there is nothing pilot can do to prevent it. it does not require many ships to succesfully suicide freighter and because suicideganking is one aspect of this game give freighters much much more HP so atleast gankers need to bring in team of 40-50 ships to achieve their goal. now its just laughably easy done with even under 10 BC for example.

So even if they are give more HP, that would still not solve the issue. People will just bring more firepower and the whining start again.
Although our corp does majority of our high-value transpo via freighters, we do not support increasing the HP or making the freighters hard to gang through adjusted gam mechanisms. What we should understand is that whole EVE economy stands on destruction.

If you want to keep your freighter afloat through dangerous space, keep your eyes open, mind sharp and forget the auto-pilot.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-09-29 11:49:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Mallak Azaria
Newsflash wrote:
currently freighters are way too easy to suicidegank and there is nothing pilot can do to prevent it. it does not require many ships to succesfully suicide freighter and because suicideganking is one aspect of this game give freighters much much more HP so atleast gankers need to bring in team of 40-50 ships to achieve their goal. now its just laughably easy done with even under 10 BC for example.

I'm going to have to disagree here as there is quite a few things you can do to prevent it. The first & probably the most obvious is to make yourself unprofitable to gank. 95% of freighter suicide ganks happen because the pilot is making it a profitable venture.

Another thing you can do is use multiple routes & randomise them if you feel that you're going to become a victim. It's all too easy to decide that going an extra 40 jumps to get around a couple of systems isn't worth it, but it can mean the difference between keeping your stuff & losing it all.

You can also use JF's to go from hub to hub, although not directly & it will take a few more trips.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#5 - 2012-09-29 11:50:53 UTC
Hey OP do you realize why they spend 1b in ships to suicide gank your freighter?

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Graic Gabtar
The Lemon Party
#6 - 2012-09-29 11:52:41 UTC
Newsflash wrote:
It's not time to make a change,
Just relax, take it easy.
You're still young, that's your fault,
There's so much you have to know.
Find a girl, settle down,
If you want you can marry.
Look at me, I am old, but I'm happy.
Newsflash
Doomheim
#7 - 2012-09-29 11:53:04 UTC
im not even a freighter pilot myself but have been following ganking situation long enough to see what are flaws in system in my opinion.
Soi Mala
Whacky Waving Inflatable Flailing Arm Tubemen
#8 - 2012-09-29 11:55:22 UTC
0/10

Lack of punctuation gave you away.

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-09-29 11:56:35 UTC
Newsflash wrote:
im not even a freighter pilot myself but have been following ganking situation long enough to see what are flaws in system in my opinion.

Please, explain the flaws of a freighter pilot carrying 116bil worth of goods in his freighter.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Saede Riordan
Alexylva Paradox
#10 - 2012-09-29 11:57:36 UTC
The system is perfectly fine. It is not supposed to be completely safe in highsec. Eve is not Wow. Freighters already have boatloads of Ehp, if you're getting ganked, its because you're being stupid and making yourself gankable.

Welcome to EVE.

Adapt or Die.
Newsflash
Doomheim
#11 - 2012-09-29 12:00:37 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Newsflash wrote:

Please, explain the flaws of a freighter pilot carrying 116bil worth of goods in his freighter.

that is plain stupidity and im not against suicideganking BUT i would like to see it require more effort that about 10 bc or so. thus asking a HP buff so that people need to bring some real numbers like maybe 40-50 ships to kill that huge juicy pinata.
Newsflash
Doomheim
#12 - 2012-09-29 12:02:35 UTC
Saede Riordan wrote:
The system is perfectly fine. It is not supposed to be completely safe in highsec. Eve is not Wow. Freighters already have boatloads of Ehp, if you're getting ganked, its because you're being stupid and making yourself gankable.

Welcome to EVE.

Adapt or Die.

i have been playing over 7 years and never before just quite recently freighter ganking has become such a huge boom so to speak.
Cameron Cahill
Black Omega Security
Pandemic Legion
#13 - 2012-09-29 12:05:54 UTC
Newsflash wrote:

The is no problem with ganking mechanics.

There does seem to be a widespread problem with stupid freighter pilots.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#14 - 2012-09-29 12:06:01 UTC
Newsflash wrote:
Saede Riordan wrote:

Welcome to EVE.

Adapt or Die.

i have been playing over 7 years and never before just quite recently freighter ganking has become such a huge boom so to speak.

It is also somewhat more involving than ganking Hulks for profit was. There's more organisation required, you need more people to do it. Ganking freighters isn't a solo venture but it all comes down to 1 simple thing; People make themselves profitable to gank & take no preventitive measures to avoid it.

Cameron Cahill
Black Omega Security
Pandemic Legion
#15 - 2012-09-29 12:07:54 UTC
Newsflash wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Newsflash wrote:

that is plain stupidity and im not against suicideganking BUT i would like to see it require more effort that about 10 bc or so. thus asking a HP buff so that people need to bring some real numbers like maybe 40-50 ships to kill that huge juicy pinata.

Also enjoying the stealth 'no-one but goons should be aloud to suicide gank' thread :)
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#16 - 2012-09-29 12:08:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Mallak Azaria
Newsflash wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Newsflash wrote:

Sure, I'm all for giving freighters a massive EHP buff. In the interests of balance, a 400 to 500% EHP buff would require an equal nerf to carghold. In fact, how about we just remove freighters altogether?

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#17 - 2012-09-29 12:09:52 UTC
Cameron Cahill wrote:
Also enjoying the stealth 'no-one but goons should be aloud to suicide gank' thread :)

More people should try it out to be honest.

Cameron Cahill
Black Omega Security
Pandemic Legion
#18 - 2012-09-29 12:12:05 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Cameron Cahill wrote:

More people should try it out to be honest.

Indeed they should, but if the freighter gets its ehp buffed no-one else has the organisation to get 50 dudes in fleet for ganking.

<3 miniluv.
Newsflash
Doomheim
#19 - 2012-09-29 12:15:29 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Newsflash wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Newsflash wrote:

Sure, I'm all for giving freighters a massive EHP buff. In the interests of balance, a 400 to 500% EHP buff would require an equal nerf to carghold. In fact, how about we just remove freighters altogether?

why? why it would require nerfing cargobay? this ship is massive unarmed freighter if caught out of hisec it is sure to die even to one ship eventually. in hisec it could with extra HP fend off smaller groups of suicidegankers and only really devoted bigger gangs would bring it down. it would also drop willingnes to gank freighters that do not have hugely expensive cargo..
Cameron Cahill
Black Omega Security
Pandemic Legion
#20 - 2012-09-29 12:18:42 UTC
Newsflash wrote:

why? why it would require nerfing cargobay? this ship is massive unarmed freighter if caught out of hisec it is sure to die even to one ship eventually. in hisec it could with extra HP fend off smaller groups of suicidegankers and only really devoted bigger gangs would bring it down. it would also drop willingnes to gank freighters that do not have hugely expensive cargo..

Where do you put your extra armour if not where the cargobay used to be?
123Next pageLast page