These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

NeX Item: Damnation Ship Codpiece

Author
stoicfaux
#1 - 2012-09-17 19:27:48 UTC  |  Edited by: stoicfaux
I propose the following clothing item for the NeX store: a codpiece in the shape of the Damnation ship.

Details:
* The belly of the ship would face inwards with the 'wings' at the top.

* This should be "easy" to implement because the Damnation model already exists in game.

* Also, the character creator's portrait would need to allow the camera to pull back far enough to allow for wider display of an avatar's frame (i.e. avatar portraits would need to be visible from monocle to codpiece.)

* It should appeal to the vain, puerile, and gauche nature of many male gamers and thus should be a "guaranteed success."

Fluff:
The Damnation is probably the most extreme armor tanking ship in Eve, hence it is the most logical choice for a codpiece.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Malphilos
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-09-17 19:43:58 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
I propose the following clothing item for the NeX store: a codpiece in the shape of the Damnation ship.

Details:
* The belly of the ship would face inwards with the 'wings' at the top.

* This should be "easy" to implement because the Damnation model already exists in game.

* Also, the character creator's portrait would need to allow the camera to pull back far enough to allow for wider display of an avatar's frame (i.e. avatar portraits would need to be visible from monocle to codpiece.)

* It should appeal to the vain, puerile, and gauche nature of many male gamers and thus should be a "guaranteed success."

Fluff:
The Damnation is probably the most extreme armor tanking ship in Eve, hence it is the most logical choice for a codpiece.

This could be the item that puts WiS over the top.
Nikk Narrel
Moonlit Bonsai
#3 - 2012-09-17 19:56:24 UTC
For WiS, this has more than enough attitude to succeed.

The conversations it would inspire alone justify it.

+1
Pipa Porto
#4 - 2012-09-17 20:03:17 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
* This should be "easy" to implement

Have to admit. This made me giggle.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

stoicfaux
#5 - 2012-09-17 20:04:08 UTC
Malphilos wrote:
This could be the item that puts WiS over the top.

My thinking exactly. Heck, I'm 98% sure that I would buy one. Because, you know, it's a freaking Damnation codpiece!

/schoolgirl_giggle

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Romvex
TURN LEFT
HYDRA RELOADED
#6 - 2012-09-17 20:44:27 UTC
um...whats a codpiece?
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#7 - 2012-09-17 21:05:15 UTC
*snerk*

Supported. Lol
Ryelek d'Entari
Horizon Glare
#8 - 2012-09-17 21:08:13 UTC
Romvex wrote:
um...whats a codpiece?

Really? Do we really need questions like "what's a [insert noun here]" on an internet forum these days?

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=codpiece

Natasha Liao
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2012-11-04 16:17:54 UTC
Possible Necro bump for a good idea. 9/10. This shouldn't be a gender restricted item either. Just sayin'... Blink

You're using logic on an internet discussion forum. A rookie mistake, but one you'll soon learn to avoid. -Destiny Corrupted

Luc Chastot
#10 - 2012-11-14 07:59:19 UTC
Such a thing would not be enough for some people.

Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#11 - 2012-11-14 10:32:52 UTC
Only if we get a thorax one too.
Reicine Ceer
K-A-O-S theory
#12 - 2012-11-16 14:47:28 UTC
Came looking for an old thread of mine; found this; my day has been made Big smile