These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

More Nerf to ganking

First post
Author
Mohamad Transporte
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2012-09-10 11:33:19 UTC
just few minutes ago... Goons has destroyed 4 freighters in high sec (u can check eve-kill.net), total drop worth 21.5 billion isk!!!

21.5 Billion isk people!!!!

that beats 10/10 DED, FW Missions and incursions all together!!

if u want all alliances to leave their 0.0 systems and just go fun terrorizing high sec and earn money for that... stay cool about it CCP... as it will destroy the game

u gave protection for miners... its time for freighters/ JF revamp...
Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#2 - 2012-09-10 11:37:48 UTC
I was about to talk of null sec warfare but then I remembered you just mentioned "Goons" so I think I'm going to wait and have fun reading all the funky stuff you guys are going to rabble about this.

brb

William Walker
Northstar Cabal
#3 - 2012-09-10 11:37:49 UTC
Just don't undock in niarja et al? :P

ヽ(⌒∇⌒)ノ へ(゜∇、°)へ (◕‿◕✿)

Sugar Kyle
Middle Ground
#4 - 2012-09-10 11:40:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Sugar Kyle
Because OP does not like something it will destroy the game.

OP, you have great power.

Also, how dare a 0.0 alliance enter high sec. Roll

Member of CSM9 and CSM10.

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2012-09-10 11:43:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project
*lol* look at the random guy whining about people playing the game as it's meant to be played.


edit:
Mohamad Transporte wrote:
that beats 10/10 DED, FW Missions and incursions all together!!


Oh ... either trolling or really dumb. ^_^
Jim Hazard
Fury Industry
#6 - 2012-09-10 11:44:06 UTC
Yes.. it is totally destroying eve... ganking in high sec has always been around and still the game kept growing every year. If the freighter pilots carry around enough cargo so that it is worth suiciding them it is their own fault.

You might as well ask for an ibis to be buffed to 1 million EHP because one guy thought its smart to undock in a rookie ship with plexs worth 60 billions or how much it was.

In the end if you buff freighters most likely you will only make suicide ganking more profitable as people will feel a lot more secure and will carry around even more in their cargo holds.
Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#7 - 2012-09-10 11:48:27 UTC
Jim Hazard wrote:
In the end if you buff freighters most likely you will only make suicide ganking more profitable as people will feel a lot more secure and will carry around even more in their cargo holds.

Perhaps that "pvp" thing in highsec is getting a bit inconvenient for some people, huh.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#8 - 2012-09-10 11:49:14 UTC
Jim Hazard wrote:
Yes.. it is totally destroying eve... ganking in high sec has always been around and still the game kept growing every year. If the freighter pilots carry around enough cargo so that it is worth suiciding them it is their own fault.

You might as well ask for an ibis to be buffed to 1 million EHP because one guy thought its smart to undock in a rookie ship with plexs worth 60 billions or how much it was.

In the end if you buff freighters most likely you will only make suicide ganking more profitable as people will feel a lot more secure and will carry around even more in their cargo holds.


Those freighter pilots could also set an escort fleet and take care of their business but no, they rather play alone with their dozen alts scouting systems and then cry their millions HP hull got gank with several dozens times the ship value in their cargo.

Gank mining barges with destroyers is silly, really really mongoloid game play. Gank freighters it's serious business and only serious gankers can afford to know when and how to do it, I see no problem here.

brb

Robus Muvila
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-09-10 11:51:06 UTC
Lin-Young Borovskova wrote:
I was about to talk of null sec warfare but then I remembered you just mentioned "Goons" so I think I'm going to wait and have fun reading all the funky stuff you guys are going to rabble about this.



RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

TMC Senior Developer http://themittani.com - Because EvE has needed a proper news site for ages

Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#10 - 2012-09-10 11:53:04 UTC
Lin-Young Borovskova wrote:
Jim Hazard wrote:
Yes.. it is totally destroying eve... ganking in high sec has always been around and still the game kept growing every year. If the freighter pilots carry around enough cargo so that it is worth suiciding them it is their own fault.

You might as well ask for an ibis to be buffed to 1 million EHP because one guy thought its smart to undock in a rookie ship with plexs worth 60 billions or how much it was.

In the end if you buff freighters most likely you will only make suicide ganking more profitable as people will feel a lot more secure and will carry around even more in their cargo holds.


Those freighter pilots could also set an escort fleet and take care of their business but no, they rather play alone with their dozen alts scouting systems and then cry their millions HP hull got gank with several dozens times the ship value in their cargo.

Gank mining barges with destroyers is silly, really really mongoloid game play. Gank freighters it's serious business and only serious gankers can afford to know when and how to do it, I see no problem here.

"Ganking was never intended to be profitable"

Oh dear, morons who carry far too much stuff make ganking profitable.

Better nerf ganking Cool

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Cede Forster
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#11 - 2012-09-10 11:54:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Cede Forster
i'd go with troll here Lol

also: "somebody is having fun in eve at my expense, please make them stop"-thread
Virgil Travis
Non Constructive Self Management
#12 - 2012-09-10 11:55:21 UTC
Looks like we need Derp Sec, as some people are too dumb even to keep themselves from losing isk in high sec.

Unified Church of the Unobligated - madness in the method Mamma didn't raise no victims.

Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#13 - 2012-09-10 11:59:27 UTC
Virgil Travis wrote:
Looks like we need Derp Sec, as some people are too dumb even to keep themselves from losing isk in high sec.

Derpsec, yes... all of highsec will become that safe...

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Borlag Crendraven
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2012-09-10 11:59:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Borlag Crendraven
That freighter died because the people who tried to defend it had no clue on what they were doing. The freighter was bumped all the way to 800km off of the gate, not one person even tried spawning concord there during that time. Not one person thought it'd be wise to sacrifice some cheap blackbirds to jam the attackers. In short, the defenders did nothing that mattered.

No, I wasn't there. I was simply reading about it in chat real time, laughing at the stupidity of the defending side.

Btw, the defending side was incursioners trying to defend a shipment full of their own boats, a bhaal, legion and some other junk that'd be much better off dying in actual combat.
TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#15 - 2012-09-10 12:02:07 UTC
Mohamad Transporte wrote:
just few minutes ago... Goons has destroyed 4 freighters in high sec (u can check eve-kill.net), total drop worth 21.5 billion isk!!!

21.5 Billion isk people!!!!

that beats 10/10 DED, FW Missions and incursions all together!!

if u want all alliances to leave their 0.0 systems and just go fun terrorizing high sec and earn money for that... stay cool about it CCP... as it will destroy the game

u gave protection for miners... its time for freighters/ JF revamp...


Troll thread? Troll thread.

Ganking industrials/frieghters/etc has been part of EVE forever. If anything threatens to destroy the game it's catering to risk-averse wowscrub hisec dwellers. This is not a game where your characters and stuff are "safe". Deal with it.

Or just wait until CCP turn hisec into hello kitty online with failwatch and subsequent expansions
William Walker
Northstar Cabal
#16 - 2012-09-10 12:02:11 UTC
Borlag Crendraven wrote:
That freighter died because the people who tried to defend it had no clue on what they were doing. The freighter was bumped all the way to 800km off of the gate, not one person even tried spawning concord there during that time. Not one person thought it'd be wise to sacrifice some cheap blackbirds to jam the attackers. In short, the defenders did nothing that mattered.

No, I wasn't there. I was simply reading about it in chat real time, laughing at the stupidity of the defending side.

Btw, the defending side was incursioners trying to defend a shipment full of their own boats, a bhaal, legion and some other junk that'd be much better off dying in actual combat.


I read that in an Italian accent.

ヽ(⌒∇⌒)ノ へ(゜∇、°)へ (◕‿◕✿)

Eugene Kerner
TunDraGon
Initiative Mercenaries
#17 - 2012-09-10 12:04:41 UTC
Mohamad Transporte wrote:
just few minutes ago... Goons has destroyed 4 freighters in high sec (u can check eve-kill.net), total drop worth 21.5 billion isk!!!

21.5 Billion isk people!!!!

that beats 10/10 DED, FW Missions and incursions all together!!

if u want all alliances to leave their 0.0 systems and just go fun terrorizing high sec and earn money for that... stay cool about it CCP... as it will destroy the game

u gave protection for miners... its time for freighters/ JF revamp...


It is just plain stupid to transport so much ISK at one time without a fleet. Loot well deserved.

TunDraGon is recruiting! "Also, your boobs [:o] "   CCP Eterne, 2012 "When in doubt...make a diȼk joke." Robin Williams - RIP

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#18 - 2012-09-10 12:05:03 UTC
Those freighter pilots are slacking, I don't see epic amounts of exotic dancers in the cargo.

The 6ish billion isk drops were nice though.

lol@ derpsec, let's hope they never make hisec safer than it already is. Situational awareness FTW

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Souisa
WESCORP 2.0
#19 - 2012-09-10 12:05:08 UTC
Arent you suppose to use secure cans to avoid being ganked?

o/

TharOkha
0asis Group
#20 - 2012-09-10 12:05:25 UTC
Im sorry dude, but freighter pilots need to be more carefull. Niarja is well known gank heaven. I never transport more than 1-2B in freighter (at least not through Niarja and peak times).
123Next pageLast page