These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Destiny Foundation

Author
Augustus Inhonores
Elusenian Cooperative
#1 - 2012-09-03 05:01:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Augustus Inhonores
The Destiny Foundation has been created as a private foundation by I, Augustus Inhonores, and granddaughter Anette Inhonores. The Foundation's primary goals is elevating the status of young populations in impoverished Federation countries and colonies. 99% of all earnings attached to the Anette Inhonores brand (including, but not limited to, holomovie/music revenue, fashion sales, and corporate donations) will go directly to the Destiny Foundation. The three areas the Foundation wishes to dedicate itself to are improving child healthcare, child education, and child living/working conditions. We passionately believe that the empowerment of the next generations on all Federation worlds will lead to a tomorrow governed by sound, moral, and just minds.

The Foundation will pursue these goals through the following means:

• Grants - The government of any Federation country may apply for a grant from the Destiny Foundation. The monetary value of this grant may be negotiated between both parties. An agreement will be made between the client government and the Foundation, with monitors employed by the latter to ensure that all funds proceed to their stipulated destination for the duration of the agreement.
  • Initiatives - The Destiny Foundation is willing to engage in joint endeavours with governments for the purposes of fulfilling its primary goals, and will actively seek out countries to offer proposals. While grants leave it to client governments to carry out terms of any agreements, initiatives will see the Foundation take an active role alongside local authorities (and other groups, such as development charities) in pursuing its mission.
  • Donations - The Destiny Foundation can and will donate to any Federation member government whom we believe to be deserving of financial aid, or smaller planetside charities that are in alignment with our goals. The Foundation is unwilling to donate directly to individuals and their families, due to concerns of upsetting local economic balance. Donated funds can be used freely by the chosen party.

For all instances, the Destiny Foundation will focus around the construction and development of new and/or existing educational and healthcare facilities. The Foundation hopes to alleviate the domestic labour burden on young children in poor communities through the improvement of local infrastructure, such as providing lighting and electricity for evening study. More widespread and ambitious undertakings will be considered, depending on the initial and future success of the Foundation.

In the interests of avoiding the current pitfalls and issues with pre-existing interstellar development organizations, the Destiny Foundation abides by the following:

• The Destiny Foundation recognizes entrenched cultural customs and standards in the thousands of highly varied communities that make up the Federation, and that these differing societal norms may or may not hinder traditional approaches to humanitarian development. The Foundation also recognizes that poverty in each community may have resulted from differing structural and holistic issues unique to that area, therefore making blanket approaches used by other organizations unsuitable. Thus, the Foundation will conduct its activities according to the established values and norms of each community. This will notably include the age threshold and/or definition of a minor, and will thus follow local laws on ages of majority, not Federal. This applies to all other legal matters the Foundation may encounter in its operations.
  • The Destiny Foundation will not support any charitable endeavour that may or may not influence/alter local customs for the nonetheless noble sake of the eradication of poverty.
  • The Destiny Foundation reserves the right to refuse assistance to governments considered 'corrupt' or 'unwhole' by non-governmental monitoring organizations. If no such independent data is available, the Foundation will use the Federal Corruption Index as a measure (65.0 and above), or its own discretion. The Foundation reserves the right to cancel any agreements made with governments that are in danger of or are in the process of being classified as corrupt by independent sources (or 80.0 on the Federal Corruption Index), or if the Foundation believes the client authority is behaving unrighteously.
  • The Destiny Foundation accepts donations from corporate entities, and appreciates the contributions that private corporations make to local communities across the Federation. However, in order to keep our organization accountable only unto ourselves, the Foundation will not enter any agreements and/or contracts with private corporations.
  • The Destiny Foundation will work solely with Federation member governments and single planet entities. The Foundation currently has no interest in working alongside the central administration.

The Free Kingdoms of Dolmovia on Ivorider VI is the first Federation country to be awarded a grant by the Destiny Foundation. The grant money will be spent on the purchasing of the latest primary and secondary school textbooks published by Education Solutions Interstellar, and approved by the Federal Education Department. The Foundation is currently reviewing 7 additional requests, and is considering potential candidate states for offering its financial assistance.
Azdan Amith
Doomheim
#2 - 2012-09-03 11:18:28 UTC
Fascinating. It is good to see some initiative for the good of others. I am curious, I read it over and it seems that your foundation will not accept private donations from corporations or persons, is that correct?

~Archon Azdan Amith,  Order of Light's Retribution

Urthel Drengist
Drengist Intergalactic Liberal Enterprises Ltd.
#3 - 2012-09-03 11:24:25 UTC
Azdan Amith wrote:
Fascinating. It is good to see some initiative for the good of others. I am curious, I read it over and it seems that your foundation will not accept private donations from corporations or persons, is that correct?

And if it does indeed. Add me to that list please

Urthel Drengist

C.E.O and Founder of Drengist Intergalactic Liberal Enterprises Ltd. [L.I.D.E.L ] 

Aelisha
Achura-Waschi Exchange
Monyusaiya Industry Trade Group
#4 - 2012-09-03 11:34:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Aelisha
Although I doubt we agree on specifics, I cannot stress the importance of this kind of initiative enough. Though there may be countless variations of this model throughout the four empires and beyond, schemes such as this are the foundation of reinforcing our respective ways of life and educating our children so that they may surpass us in later life.

Apologies for the brevity of my reply, but there is little to say other than I applaud your initiative in this cause. Had this been brought to fruition a year ago, I may have offered a cultural exchange of sorts, utilizing the border-less nature of the capsuleer corporate aegis to it's logical ends as a vehicle for cultural awareness between warring nations in a controlled, safe manner. However, NISYN is currently winding down domestic and financial activities in preparation for more mercenary endeavors, and so I feel it would be an inappropriate gesture and untenable arrangement.

I do, however, urge others in appropriate corporations to consider the benefits of such cultural exchanges, even if from a purely pragmatic 'know thy enemy' approach. Our next generation is enriched by knowledge of why they stand for what they do - ignorant patriotism is a burden to it's host-nation; informed patriotism makes a nation great.

CEO of the Achura-Waschi Exchange

Intaki Reborn

Independent Capsuleer

Tetony
Doomheim
#5 - 2012-09-03 14:36:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Tetony
Aelisha wrote:
Although I doubt we agree on specifics, I cannot stress the importance of this kind of initiative enough. Though there may be countless variations of this model throughout the four empires and beyond, schemes such as this are the foundation of reinforcing our respective ways of life and educating our children so that they may surpass us in later life.

Apologies for the brevity of my reply, but there is little to say other than I applaud your initiative in this cause. Had this been brought to fruition a year ago, I may have offered a cultural exchange of sorts, utilizing the border-less nature of the capsuleer corporate aegis to it's logical ends as a vehicle for cultural awareness between warring nations in a controlled, safe manner. However, NISYN is currently winding down domestic and financial activities in preparation for more mercenary endeavors, and so I feel it would be an inappropriate gesture and untenable arrangement.

I do, however, urge others in appropriate corporations to consider the benefits of such cultural exchanges, even if from a purely pragmatic 'know thy enemy' approach. Our next generation is enriched by knowledge of why they stand for what they do - ignorant patriotism is a burden to it's host-nation; informed patriotism makes a nation great.

Our destiny is not in the stars but in ourselves. This is a welcome initiative, a creative use of wealth, a golden key that opens many doors. The safeguards too seem wisely chosen, but only a fool judges a person by the presents they give.

I applaud the efforts made to explicitly avoid cultural imperialism. All the cultures in the Federation are unique and diverse. It is one of our greatest riches. Improving child healthcare, child education, and child living/working conditions aren't particularly good at increasing naval recruitment unless it's explicitly required. This program doesn't appear to impose an obligation on its beneficiaries, nor require anyone to express their gratitude with their lives, their labor, or in any other way. I imagine that it wishes to help these young people realise their potential, as a good in its own right. As drafted there appears to be no specific cultural cost attached to this philanthropy.
Augustus Inhonores
Elusenian Cooperative
#6 - 2012-09-03 21:42:58 UTC
Azdan Amith wrote:

We will accept donations from any individuals or groups; it is just that we will not enter any agreements with any other organization at all, as this risks the Foundation being bound to external groups, and not itself. This includes receiving funds on terms and conditions.

If this seems unclear to you on your second and third reading of the Foundation's charter, please point out the exact clause within the document that appears ambiguous, and I will correct it.
James Syagrius
Reclamation
#7 - 2012-09-06 01:11:33 UTC
I am sure the commercial sector within the Federal Union will support this fine work. Is the “Foundation” considered a charitable non-profit? Some may want to know for tax purposes.
Augustus Inhonores
Elusenian Cooperative
#8 - 2012-10-11 17:49:14 UTC
Revenue from both Girl's Garden and Tepe's Day Up Above have exceeded expectations. The imminent release of Grey City tomorrow is also expected to be profitable.

In total, 53 developing Federation countries have been provided grant money for the purchasing of the latest primary and secondary school textbooks published by Education Solutions. These textbooks have been provided as hard copies, as there is no facilities to support electronic teaching material.

Destiny Foundation is conducting its first initiative on the planet Aulbres II, whose indigenous population have been suffering from a worldwide degenerative disease introduced by a large number of off-world colonists who settled on the planet two years ago. Poor political representation and its remote location have resulted in no intervention from larger interests.

A medically- and legally-cleared team of 750 doctors hired by the Destiny Foundation as well as 3000 volunteer assistants between the ages of 18-25 will be spending the next six months delivering vaccines across the entirerity of Aulbres II. Private military company Temko have been hired to provide security for the expedition. The number of Temko contractors on location will remain undisclosed for security purposes.

Addendum: My apologies for not replying sooner, Syagrius-haan. Destiny Foundation will be registered as a tax-exempt entity to the Federation following six months of operation. I hope that answers your query.
Gussarde en Welle
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2012-10-15 21:48:40 UTC
Aelisha wrote:

With all due respect, strange words to hear from a Caldari nationalist.
Ulren Halfhound
Doomheim
#10 - 2012-10-16 17:15:19 UTC
I long for the day where we can all stand on our own two feet. But until that day comes, I applaud efforts such as this, and wish them the greatest success.
Astroyka
IXXAXAAR
#11 - 2012-10-16 21:00:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Astroyka
Augustus Inhonores wrote:
.. a great initiative for the betterment of the Federation

As someone branded as a sociopath and fanatical zealot I know I will get plenty of negative responses to my comment here.

This initiative is exactly the kind of thing the cluster needs, and I congratulate you and pledge my support to spread the word of your foundation. Thank you for taking the time to publish your mandate.

Astroyka

A New Eden pilot, fighting against slavery in New Eden

www.astroyka.net

@Astroyka

Amaki Mai
Doomheim
#12 - 2012-10-17 09:49:54 UTC
Astroyka wrote:
Augustus Inhonores wrote:
.. a great initiative for the betterment of the Federation

As someone branded as a sociopath and fanatical zealot I know I will get plenty of negative responses to my comment here.

This initiative is exactly the kind of thing the cluster needs, and I congratulate you and pledge my support to spread the word of your foundation. Thank you for taking the time to publish your mandate.

No adverse comments from me. I agree that this is a fine example of a society investing in it's own people for the betterment of all.