These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

The Case for Removing Learning Implants

First post
Author
Frying Doom
#1 - 2012-08-30 10:45:40 UTC
So a site that shall remain unnamed due to its title, just posted an article on "The Case for Removing Learning Implants"

The best quote from this article was, "Empire players tend to have a huge advantage in this regard - they can do virtually everything with a full +5s and hardwirings since pods can warp out almost instantly in the event that they lose a ship, and NPCs never shoot pods in any case. Players in nullsec generally find themselves with implants that speed up the skills they may be training at that time and inexpensive hardwirings, simply because losing a pod is nearly inevitable after losing a ship when bubbled."

So in reality the whole thread was another "Make Null even safer" thread.

Being that you can still get ganked in Hi-sec and podded, hi sec dwellers still have the ability to have their implants destroyed. The null sec residence how ever has chosen a more PvP based life style with the risks attached.

Removing implants would just be a step in dumbing down EvE and making the Nullbears less risk exposed.
They go on and on about how easy Hi-sec is while fighting to have Null made even safer.

So all in all don't bother reading it, its just more covert Null tears.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#2 - 2012-08-30 10:46:34 UTC
Sorry to ruin the suprise, but it was EveNews24


EVENEWS24

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Roime
Shiva Furnace
#3 - 2012-08-30 10:47:26 UTC
NPCs should pod.

.

rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#4 - 2012-08-30 10:49:14 UTC
^ Wouldn't that mostly affect new players, or incursion runners, or not incursion runners.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Frying Doom
#5 - 2012-08-30 10:50:11 UTC
Roime wrote:
NPCs should pod.

Personally I would just like them to be smarter than they are.

The whole "This guy is tanking our damage, so we will just ignore the rest of the people shooting us" is a bit daft.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#6 - 2012-08-30 10:51:26 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
So a site that shall remain unnamed due to its title, just posted an article on "The Case for Removing Learning Implants"

The best quote from this article was, "Empire players tend to have a huge advantage in this regard - they can do virtually everything with a full +5s and hardwirings since pods can warp out almost instantly in the event that they lose a ship, and NPCs never shoot pods in any case. Players in nullsec generally find themselves with implants that speed up the skills they may be training at that time and inexpensive hardwirings, simply because losing a pod is nearly inevitable after losing a ship when bubbled."

So in reality the whole thread was another "Make Null even safer" thread.

Being that you can still get ganked in Hi-sec and podded, hi sec dwellers still have the ability to have their implants destroyed. The null sec residence how ever has chosen a more PvP based life style with the risks attached.

Removing implants would just be a step in dumbing down EvE and making the Nullbears less risk exposed.
They go on and on about how easy Hi-sec is while fighting to have Null made even safer.

So all in all don't bother reading it, its just more covert Null tears.


Will the terribad null players ever stop crying? Wah wah there's a cloaked neutral in my system, change game mechanics. Wah wah I want my pod to be as safe as hisec player pods. Wah wah whatever.

Man up, nullbears.
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#7 - 2012-08-30 10:56:07 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Roime wrote:
NPCs should pod.

Personally I would just like them to be smarter than they are.

The whole "This guy is tanking our damage, so we will just ignore the rest of the people shooting us" is a bit daft.


Maybe you should try some sleeper sites.
Frying Doom
#8 - 2012-08-30 10:57:19 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
Roime wrote:
NPCs should pod.

Personally I would just like them to be smarter than they are.

The whole "This guy is tanking our damage, so we will just ignore the rest of the people shooting us" is a bit daft.


Maybe you should try some sleeper sites.

I do

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#9 - 2012-08-30 10:57:48 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Roime wrote:
NPCs should pod.

Personally I would just like them to be smarter than they are.

The whole "This guy is tanking our damage, so we will just ignore the rest of the people shooting us" is a bit daft.


I think the reason for it is, that even NPCs find the normal PvE boring in this game, so they have resorted to botting it.
Roime
Shiva Furnace
#10 - 2012-08-30 10:58:06 UTC
rodyas wrote:
^ Wouldn't that mostly affect new players, or incursion runners, or not incursion runners.


NPCs that new players meet should probably not pod, I'm mostly thinking about faction navies and CONCORD podding criminals, and high-end PVE.

Also what Frying Doom said, it really is time fix the broken empire rat AI and make PVE more realistic.

.

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2012-08-30 10:58:18 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
So in reality the whole thread was another "Make Null even safer" thread.

That's horseshit from start to finish.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#12 - 2012-08-30 10:59:09 UTC
rodyas wrote:
Sorry to ruin the suprise, but it was EveNews24


EVENEWS24


Yep that guy didn't realised yet sebo'd arty Thrashers can perfectly shoot high sec pods too. But as you just said it's EveNews24... nothing interesting to read over there.

brb

Ivy Romanova
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#13 - 2012-08-30 11:02:35 UTC
well the thing is
CCP is trying to split the gamer population.. giving it a more defined definition.
High sec : Safe zone for the anti-social and timid nerds
Low sec : Low life that gets bullied in school and now is trying to make up for it, and incursion runners too.
Null sec : For the gladiators and intellectuals of the society , trying to make a name for themselves by exploring the riches of the unknown.

So... EVEN if people buys your argument, the very aim of it alone would make the chances of it actually being implemented VERY slim

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ DAMN THIS    SIGNATURE    IS FANCY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#14 - 2012-08-30 11:02:42 UTC
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
So a site that shall remain unnamed due to its title, just posted an article on "The Case for Removing Learning Implants"

The best quote from this article was, "Empire players tend to have a huge advantage in this regard - they can do virtually everything with a full +5s and hardwirings since pods can warp out almost instantly in the event that they lose a ship, and NPCs never shoot pods in any case. Players in nullsec generally find themselves with implants that speed up the skills they may be training at that time and inexpensive hardwirings, simply because losing a pod is nearly inevitable after losing a ship when bubbled."

So in reality the whole thread was another "Make Null even safer" thread.

Being that you can still get ganked in Hi-sec and podded, hi sec dwellers still have the ability to have their implants destroyed. The null sec residence how ever has chosen a more PvP based life style with the risks attached.

Removing implants would just be a step in dumbing down EvE and making the Nullbears less risk exposed.
They go on and on about how easy Hi-sec is while fighting to have Null made even safer.

So all in all don't bother reading it, its just more covert Null tears.


Will the terribad null players ever stop crying? Wah wah there's a cloaked neutral in my system, change game mechanics. Wah wah I want my pod to be as safe as hisec player pods. Wah wah whatever.

Man up, nullbears.


Please don't put all null sec players in the same box than EveNews whatever dudes. They're a shame for null sec players.

brb

Aranial
Empyrean Warriors
#15 - 2012-08-30 11:06:37 UTC
Article isn't on EVENEWS24.

Regardless, the amount of time I've said or corpies or others have said 'cant go null sec cause of implants...' true its not always learning implants 50% of the time its pirate implants. So yes getting rid of learning implants would be great, especially for all the new players and the benefit of improved training times they would receive I'm sure would go down well. If anything removing learning implants would make the gap between old and new players even smaller due to the reduced training times for new players. So overall I think it would be a good idea to certainly consider.
Tiberius Sunstealer
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#16 - 2012-08-30 11:07:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Tiberius Sunstealer
Learning implants serve a purpose. Players willing to train Cybernetics V will gain an advantage over time. Players not willing to train Cybernetics V will not notice much of a difference. Learning skills needed to go. Learning implants are perfectly fine.

Maybe the nullsec players should HTFU and jump clone into a fresh clone if there is a risk of them losing their capsule?
rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#17 - 2012-08-30 11:08:51 UTC
But to defend EveNews24 for writing this article, what about sec loss of shooting pods? Seems to high to do that and still gain entry to hi sec for more pod shooting.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#18 - 2012-08-30 11:12:05 UTC
Roime wrote:
rodyas wrote:
^ Wouldn't that mostly affect new players, or incursion runners, or not incursion runners.


NPCs that new players meet should probably not pod, I'm mostly thinking about faction navies and CONCORD podding criminals, and high-end PVE.

Also what Frying Doom said, it really is time fix the broken empire rat AI and make PVE more realistic.


If the space guards shoot pods, all NPCs should shoot pods as well. At least L4/incursion NPCs.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Frying Doom
#19 - 2012-08-30 11:12:45 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:

That's horseshit from start to finish.

I agree completely the article was horseshit from start to finish.

The Null bears really should stop calling hi-sec dwellers risk adverse when they are more risk adverse than the Null sec dwellers.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2012-08-30 11:13:37 UTC
It's not on evenews24, it's on http://themittani.com/features/case-removing-learning-implants

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

123Next pageLast page