These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Why do i have this feeling that eve feels like work more then a game anymore...

Author
Captain Robby
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-08-28 16:57:09 UTC
This is not a flame but more as a question.

For some reason playing eve now feels like im doing data imput for a job more then having fun like i used too. I admit the looks of the game still feel great and all but it just doent feel fun anymore should i play other games for a bit then come back to eve?
Gogela
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#2 - 2012-08-28 16:57:41 UTC
You are doing it wrong. Big smile

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#3 - 2012-08-28 16:57:54 UTC
Sure.
Jim Era
#4 - 2012-08-28 17:00:15 UTC
Maybe stop worrying about the isk/h, the sov the whatever.
Just buy you a few ships, spend 100m on everything and use it to go out and just do whatever you want for a week or 2.

Don't forget that the reason you farm etc needs to be a viable reason other than just making money.

Wat™

TRUE ZER0
SILENT INC
#5 - 2012-08-28 17:01:53 UTC
Create an alt. Keep it secret. Do what you enjoy, with minimal contact with others. If you PVP with your main you should try some none PVP thing. If you can't handle the quiet join a small carebear corp.
Matriarch Prime
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2012-08-28 17:11:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Matriarch Prime
Its ok to get bored with a game after while. I think there is this stigma that MMO players get where they start to feel guilty about not playing. This idea that there endless bounties of things to do, which is true to an extent, but some times you just need to strecth your legs. I find it refreshing to play other games a while, maybe catch up on some big hit that I missed, but can now be picked up cheap.

Keep your ties in game when you need to. But go take some time to explore other interests. The usual game will be waiting when you feel like returning. Eve isn't going anywhere any time soon. Just setup a list of those long skill queues that you've been putting off forever or alternatively, try something completely new in the game.

The players that I meet that are so bitter about such and such game were usualy playing it far longer than they enjoyed it. Don't be that person. Games are meant to be fun.

I like big guns. I can not lie. You other suckas can't deny. When I warp in, with an itty bity sig, with an arty in your face, you get sprung. You want to pull out your debuffs, 'cause you want to loot my stuff...deep, in a worm with nary, an escape but you can't stop staring. 'Cause, Oh crap!, Baby's got Point!

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#7 - 2012-08-28 17:13:31 UTC
Captain Robby wrote:

For some reason playing eve now feels like im doing data imput for a job more then having fun like i used too. I admit the looks of the game still feel great and all but it just doent feel fun anymore should i play other games for a bit then come back to eve?

You are supposed to sit on a gate and kill everything that moves and call it leet PVP.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#8 - 2012-08-28 17:17:46 UTC
Gogela wrote:

This. Maybe you've become part of a group and feel you have too many responsibilities to carry or you've fallen victim to trying to maximize your efficiency or ISK/hour and minimize embarassing losses. Whatever it is you need to either stop it entirely or start doing other things on the side to keep things fun for you. If you try to keep things the way they are no matter the reason, you'll end up burning out and quitting anyway. You need to make your own fun a top priority, instead of keeping to old routines or be intimitated what other people think of what you consider to be fun.
MIrple
Black Sheep Down
Tactical Narcotics Team
#9 - 2012-08-28 17:21:45 UTC
It also could be that we have been doing back to back campaigns that has been taxing on everyone. Long wars burn people out it will get better soon.
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#10 - 2012-08-28 17:28:35 UTC
Try play drunk?

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Jim Era
#11 - 2012-08-28 17:33:13 UTC
Chribba wrote:
Try play drunk?

this seriously

Wat™

Calfis
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#12 - 2012-08-28 17:35:51 UTC
Jim Era wrote:
Chribba wrote:
Try play drunk?

this seriously

This does indeed work.
Ensign X
#13 - 2012-08-28 17:43:12 UTC
Captain Robby wrote:

You should figure out what is causing you to feel this way and either, a) do something to change that or, b) find another game to play.

EVE has the potential to be incredibly boring, tedious and mind-numbing. It also has the potential to be incredibly fun, dynamic and rewarding. If you find the former is more prevalent than the latter, I would have to suggest Option B.

Groucho Marx said it best, "If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong."
Christy D Floyd
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2012-08-28 18:34:06 UTC
Just do what I did yesterday I created two alts and started skilling them up exactly the same. My mains provide more than enough income for these two pilots and it should be fun since im training them up to fly only rifters but maxed out in skills for them.

I started getting bored making isk so now im going to pvp for awhile.

Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons.

stoicfaux
#15 - 2012-08-28 19:10:49 UTC
Works as designed.

Losses are supposed to hurt in Eve, thus you have to "invest" time and effort in building up your stuff in order to accumulate the quantities of potential pain necessary that make victories taste so sweet but that make losing your stuff so painful. When, not if, you lose your stuff, you have to grind up the pain again, which is extremely tedious.

tl;dr Life Eve is pain.

P.S. Why do you think bots, RMT, and PLEX sales are so popular in Eve?
P.P.S To the pain!

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Garreth Vlox
Ascendance
Goonswarm Federation
#16 - 2012-08-28 19:10:53 UTC
Captain Robby wrote:

If you're a CEO/Director I can understand that feeling, take a break and make someone else do the boring **** before you burn out. If you a not a ceo/dir then you're doing it wrong.

The LULZ Boat.

Azami Nevinyrall
#17 - 2012-08-28 19:18:18 UTC
Chribba wrote:
Try play drunk?

THIS...!!!

Brit Green
Hagkaup
#18 - 2012-08-28 19:21:11 UTC
Quote:
Why do i have this feeling that eve feels like work more then a game anymore..

Don't know but you might want to look into it.
Luis Graca
#19 - 2012-08-28 20:55:22 UTC
Gogela wrote:

Chribba wrote:
Try play drunk?

These 2 already said everything
Maxpie
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#20 - 2012-08-28 21:07:46 UTC
Captain Robby wrote:

I suspect you are using alts. In my experience, there is a direct correlation between alts/second accounts and Eve feeling like a job.

No good deed goes unpunished

12Next page