These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Want Ads & Trades

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

WTB old skillbooks : Salvage Drone Operation and Mobile Factory Operation

Author
Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
#1 - 2012-08-23 17:49:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Akita T
Want to buy (or, better said, reverse auction) two skillbooks that no longer can be generated, but have not been removed from those possessing them:
- Salvage Drone Operation
- Mobile Factory Operation
If you have either one of those skillbooks and are in need of ISK, either post your sell offer in here or send me an eve-mail.

I will accept the lowest offers I receive as long as I consider them reasonable, at my own discretion.
(EDIT: you are free to underbid yourself later on if you want to)
I might even keep accepting multiple offers for the same skillbook, if the price is attractive enough.
(if you read this much later after the thread is posted, like, say, in 2013, then evemail me directly instead of posting).

As an example, I would NOT consider 10b for the Salvage Drone Operation a reasonable offer, when one allegedly sold last year for 660m and there were quite a few obtained back when it was still possible to do so, but a 1bil offer would be reasonable, so how much I'm wiling to offer is somewhere in between.
The other skill would be more valuable to me, since it's been defunct a longer time.
Akita T
#2 - 2012-09-10 13:50:41 UTC
Akita T
#3 - 2012-09-23 20:27:40 UTC
Akita T
#4 - 2012-10-11 06:48:43 UTC
So, what, nobody still has some ?
Novalis X
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2012-10-17 17:31:56 UTC
I was looking into getting the salvaging drone skillbook to max out one of my chars drone skills. While I would only get multi billion isk offers which I didn't think worth it. But as CCP say they are releasing salvaging drones with retribution it will most likely be reseeded into the game so they might lose their value, unless they release it under a different skill.

Either way friendly bump.
The Antiquarian
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2012-10-19 15:39:44 UTC
Novalis X wrote:
I was looking into getting the salvaging drone skillbook to max out one of my chars drone skills. While I would only get multi billion isk offers which I didn't think worth it. But as CCP say they are releasing salvaging drones with retribution it will most likely be reseeded into the game so they might lose their value, unless they release it under a different skill.

Most likely the new Salvage Drone skill book will be seeded under different name. It would be a great disservice for those who paid billions to collect these skill books.
Imiarr Timshae
Funny Men In Funny Hats
#7 - 2012-10-24 22:03:34 UTC
The Antiquarian wrote:
Novalis X wrote:

Most likely the new Salvage Drone skill book will be seeded under different name. It would be a great disservice for those who paid billions to collect these skill books.

I can't tell you quite where it was but they said at some point either in a forum post or Dev Blog that CCP will avoid devaluing collectors items. I'll edit this post if I find it.

Also sorry Akita but my copies are staying put :)
Akita T
#8 - 2012-10-25 11:46:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Akita T
I'm planning to stick them inside my charatcer's head, not resell them Blink
(well, at least the first purchased copy of each, anyway)
This means that if any of you has more than one, you should definitely sell me one, as that diminishes the number in circulation, making your other one(s) more valuable Bear

http://eveboard.com/fullranks/2-number-of-skills
#27 - Akita T - 378 skills learned P
I never plan to fly any capital ships, let alone a titan, yet I have all four racial titan skills learned, hehe...
There's one guy (Towaoc) with 386 skills (all possible PLUS "Black Market Trading ", which was only obtainable through character creation selections a long time ago), and there's 10 more people with 385 skills.

My skillplan has about 4 more months to +5 skills (all from the standard skillset and purchased quite a while ago), which should push me up to 383 skills total, or #12-14 (for now, until more people get enough of them too).
The "standard" skillset is only 381 skills, but I have "Mobile Refinery Operation" (useless, fairly uncommon) and "Astronautic Engineering" (useless, somewhat common) trained already.
Imiarr Timshae
Funny Men In Funny Hats
#9 - 2012-10-25 19:22:45 UTC
I would part with any duplicates without a glimmer of doubt to help you out, sadly I only have one of each.
Akita T
#10 - 2012-10-26 17:57:29 UTC
Appreciate the thought either way ;)
Kilrathi Killer
END OR FIN
#11 - 2012-10-27 12:38:57 UTC
Hi,

I have Salvage Drone Operation skill book, that i might be willing to part with, if the price is right.

thx
Akita T
#12 - 2012-10-27 19:21:47 UTC
Feel free to name an asking price, either in here publically or in an evemail privately.
Kilrathi Killer
END OR FIN
#13 - 2012-10-27 23:13:58 UTC
I have a vague idea of what i require, but the more i think about it the more the price increases Lol

given the following variables:

Uba rarity (increasing)
hopefully ccp give the new skill a new name (+ value)
ur isk skill sheet position.P

throw us a number with lots of zero's and well see if we're talking in the same power of :)

cheers

Akita T
#14 - 2012-10-28 05:41:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Akita T
Kilrathi Killer wrote:
throw us a number with lots of zero's and well see if we're talking in the same power of :)

The opening post has the rough order of magnitude for the pricing of that precise skillbook mentioned and explained Bear

Long story short:
- if you ask for something around 1 bil you can have that very soon
- if you ask for something around 10 bil I'll pass
- if you ask for something in between I might not be in a very big hurry to get it just yet, but eventually, maybe (depends how close to which end of the price scale).

The other skill would be more valuable.
Kilrathi Killer
END OR FIN
#15 - 2012-10-28 07:13:48 UTC
The long and the short of it:Straight

- not asking for anything close 2 a bil- way too low.
- U will probably pass on my expected sale figure, if 10 bil is a magical figure to you.
- Im in no big hurry to sell.

Although you may view the other skill as more valuable, i feel the strong differentiation between rocking horse feaces and chicken teeth maybe slightly upsurped by the fact that you apparently require bothBlink

Anyways i prob throw it up on contract (its i jita) as a want to trade with plex, to guage interest and value. Maybe even a few direct mails to top eveboarders if i cba.

Anyways, i hope i have'nt wasted your time. The skill book is available but not at an acceptable price currently to you.

If things change my end or your end, ill give u, or u give me a nudge.

Kind Regards,

o7
Akita T
#16 - 2012-10-28 11:25:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Akita T
"Require" is such a strong word... more like "need" (but even that's still a bit too strong), or rather "prefer to have" ;)
It's not like there's any actual use to the skill, nor any award for being a top skill count pilot :p

I don't know if putting it up on normal public contracts is a good idea... I mean, it might let you put it up, but you can't search for it with an exact item match search (since it won't show up as a valid item) so whoever searches for it needs to disable exact item type matching and regularly search for it by manually typed name (and double-check they made no typo).

Holding a forum auction would get you a lot more exposure and likely to end up selling it for a reasonable (for you) price.
Feel free to hold it with a reserve at whatever price you might be willing to part with, either openly or hidden, so you don't need to sell it if the auction does not reach that amount.
If nothing else, auctioning it like that might also give you an idea of how fast the skill is appreciating in value (as I mentioned, one got sold for well under 1 bil last year, even if it's been made unavailable many years before), so you might take a guess at how much longer you need to hold on to it for it to reach whatever price you desire to part with it for.

If you do hold an auction, please drop a link in here - it would give you additional exposure either way, which should be a good thing for you.
I do believe some people MIGHT be willing to part with 10+ bil ISK for that particular skill, but I'm not one of them yet.
Kilrathi Killer
END OR FIN
#17 - 2012-10-28 16:49:15 UTC
i have already shoved it contracts, a want to trade against plex. (yeah its real)Cool

So it should be searchable under plex, for some reason it does'nt seem to search under SDO.

Hopefully i should get some interest (and maybe a sale)

If this turns out to be a waste of timeOops, ill prob forum auction it.Roll

Anyways thx for the headsup.
Akita T
#18 - 2012-10-28 22:39:35 UTC
Kilrathi Killer
END OR FIN
#19 - 2012-10-29 00:04:01 UTC
Yeah the contract cost nothing to place, just see if theres much interest/offers, if it sells i'll be a surprised as uLol

But if its getting close to the last book ish in game some body with a desire for an ungankable, unpoddable piece of history and a bottle of jack daniels, obscene plex fixation and an attention seeking but careless cat, who knows Big smile
Scolo
Metallex Laboratories
#20 - 2012-11-30 19:18:54 UTC
I've been trading these books for a while and I can give you a clue. Last time which was somewhere at the beginning of the 2012 I sold SDO for 25 bils and MFO for 20. Another copy of MFO sold for 18 bils. SDO was uber rare ( I guess it will no more since it comes in Retribution). MFO is the next, Mobile Refinery Operation - MRO is the third in terms of rarity. Astronautic Engineering is the least rare. However, AE selling aroung 5 bils in open market. It is available, visible through market but still cost around 5 bils. So what you plan to spend on MFO given all the info? I have one copy but you can imagine what I expect as a reason to part with it.
12Next page