These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Customer Support or rather the lack of customer support.

First post
Author
Medarr
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2012-08-22 18:46:11 UTC
TL:DR - I got hacked and CCP doesnt do sh|t to fix it.

So a few days ago my account got hacked, stripped bare, and my toon put up for sale. Eventually I caught on to what was happening and petitioned it. By then my acount was stripped. All my hulls were sold of including my archon carrier, t3, 2 navy issues and several other hulls.

Upon regaining control of my account I was left with 1.5b which was given to me by a GM... dont ask me why I didnt have that amount of cash on that toon. Obviously I am less then happy about the way CCP is dealing with this. There is absolutely no comunication, nothing to indicate they are looking into it, and no word on wheter or not this will be fixed.

Frankly I find this utterly and completely unacceptable. The isk given to me by the GM doesnt even come close to covering the loss of assets and even my request to have this escalated to a senior GM have gone unanswered. Is this how CCP treats their paying customers?

As for people going its your own fault.
No I wasnt keylogged, no I didnt click on any links, no I didnt download pron, nor visited dodgy sites or participate in RMT.

So CCP whats the deal huh... How hard is it to roll back an account to the state it was in before it got compromised?
Azami Nevinyrall
#2 - 2012-08-22 18:51:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Azami Nevinyrall
Oh, another one of these threads...

Topic is not allowed to be discussed on open forums...

Thread (soon to be) locked...

-EDIT-
I had my acct hacked before, assets, ISK, all gone. I find it awesome that CCP informed me of this before I even noticed. Then refunded ISK and assets within a few days after the investigation...

Medarr
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2012-08-22 18:55:01 UTC
Then maybe they should look at their petitions so we dont have to resort to posting on forum to get some answers.
James 315
Experimental Fun Times Corp RELOADED
CODE.
#4 - 2012-08-22 18:55:02 UTC
Not to say you don't have grounds for complaint, but you would have a better chance at a successful resolution if you made your case politely. Smile
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#5 - 2012-08-22 18:57:14 UTC
how long are we talking here?
Medarr
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2012-08-22 18:57:25 UTC
James 315 wrote:
Not to say you don't have grounds for complaint, but you would have a better chance at a successful resolution if you made your case politely. Smile

I did that and it went without response... I'm not known for my patience LOL
Lord Ryan
True Xero
#7 - 2012-08-22 18:59:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Lord Ryan
INB4L

As a CCP Hater I'm missing where this is CCP's fault.

Do not assume anything above this line was typed by me. Nerf the Truth, it's inconvenient.

Azami Nevinyrall
#8 - 2012-08-22 19:00:23 UTC
James 315 wrote:

THIS...mainly because, in the past I've seen people **** off devs by throwing up crybaby threads when something isn't fixed at that exact moment in time...

Rengerel en Distel
#9 - 2012-08-22 19:04:22 UTC
no keylogger, virus, etc? sounds like you were a bit too free with your password, and too trusting of your friends. the odds of someone doing a brute force attack to not only get your account name, but password would be fairly slim.

I'd be happy to get the account back and some starter funds, and maybe borrow a ship from one of your friends that's flying that new blinged out tengu.

With the increase in shiptoasting, the Report timer needs to be shortened.

Medarr
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2012-08-22 19:04:51 UTC
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
James 315 wrote:

THIS...mainly because, in the past I've seen people **** off devs by throwing up crybaby threads when something isn't fixed at that exact moment in time...

Get out.

48H is plenty of time to tell me whats going on and what they are planning on doing

a lil comunication goes a long way.
Medarr
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2012-08-22 19:05:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Medarr
Rengerel en Distel wrote:
no keylogger, virus, etc? sounds like you were a bit too free with your password, and too trusting of your friends. the odds of someone doing a brute force attack to not only get your account name, but password would be fairly slim.

I'd be happy to get the account back and some starter funds, and maybe borrow a ship from one of your friends that's flying that new blinged out tengu.

This was a cap pilot account my blingy tengu is fine
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#12 - 2012-08-22 19:08:12 UTC
Medarr wrote:

Get out.

48H is plenty of time to tell me whats going on and what they are planning on doing

2 days? Hahaha

Expect a week at least. You see, the petition system is full of dross such as people saying they have had all their stuff stolen by a hacker while in fact it turns out the GM impounded their assets because the "victim" used RMT.
Azami Nevinyrall
#13 - 2012-08-22 19:10:47 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
Medarr wrote:
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
James 315 wrote:

Get out.

Crying because something wasn't handled ASAP. They have other priorities, and they also have to actually look into it. Maybe see where the ISK went, where the assets went, who owns those accts and etc...

Medarr
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2012-08-22 19:11:24 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Medarr wrote:

Get out.

2 days? Hahaha

Expect a week at least. You see, the petition system is full of dross such as people saying they have had all their stuff stolen by a hacker while in fact it turns out the GM impounded their assets because the "victim" used RMT.

Reading isnt your strong point huh.. I just said in my post that a GM GAVE me 1.5 bil.... Would they do that if I had been involved in RMT?

Denidil
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2012-08-22 19:12:07 UTC
you ******* trogodyte.. give them some ******* time. 48 hours.. YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ******* PLAYER IN EVE THEY'RE HAVING TO HELP.

Repeat after me "I am not the center of New Eden, I am not the most important person in two universes".

Tedium and difficulty are not the same thing, if you don't realize this then STFU about game design.

Medarr
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#16 - 2012-08-22 19:13:04 UTC
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
Medarr wrote:
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
James 315 wrote:

Get out.

First off: f*ck you..

Secondly: Crying because something wasn't handled ASAP. They have other priorities, and they also have to actually look into it. Maybe see where the ISK went, where the assets went, who owns those accts and etc...

No thanks your ugly and I dont hand out freebies...

now sod off.
Medarr
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2012-08-22 19:14:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Medarr
Denidil wrote:
you ******* trogodyte.. give them some ******* time. 48 hours.. YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ******* PLAYER IN EVE THEY'RE HAVING TO HELP.

Repeat after me "I am not the center of New Eden, I am not the most important person in two universes".

Comming from somebody whos telling me what to do... Ah the irony...

keep bumping this post tho...
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#18 - 2012-08-22 19:14:37 UTC
Medarr wrote:

Reading isnt your strong point huh.. I just said in my post that a GM GAVE me 1.5 bil.... Would they do that if I had been involved in RMT?

Oh the irony. Read what I put again and point out where I said that you did RMT.
Medarr
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2012-08-22 19:16:57 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Medarr wrote:

Oh the irony. Read what I put again and point out where I said that you did RMT.

baltec1 wrote:

im·plied   [im-plahyd] Show IPA
adjective
involved, indicated, or suggested without being directly or explicitly stated; tacitly understood: an implied rebuke; an implied compliment.
Azami Nevinyrall
#20 - 2012-08-22 19:18:17 UTC
Medarr wrote:
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
Medarr wrote:
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
James 315 wrote:

Get out.

First off: f*ck you..

Secondly: Crying because something wasn't handled ASAP. They have other priorities, and they also have to actually look into it. Maybe see where the ISK went, where the assets went, who owns those accts and etc...

No thanks your ugly and I dont hand out freebies...

now sod off.

Hahahaha.....I don't like crybabys either, changing diapers isn't my thing.

But hey, at least I have all my ISK/assets, and know how to secure my accts...

12Next page