These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Dual holes leading to the same place

First post
Author
Barrak
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-08-03 09:39:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Barrak
Hi,

Just logged in and have scanned my home system. Two new signatures..... both lead to Null and oddly enough... both lead to the SAME region.

In this region there are two N432's that BOTH lead back to my Home system.

I have triple checked the locations of both sets of holes are they are definitely apart from each other in both regions.

I appreciate that this is not normal, but does it happen fairly often?

Regards

Barrak

*fake edit*

http://tinypic.com/r/ip5gn6/6

*real edit*

I think it's a conspiracy as I have just got this message from siggy:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Lol
Jack Tronic
borkedLabs
#2 - 2012-08-03 11:02:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Jack Tronic
1. Wormholes to the same region aren't rare? What is rare is when your system opens to a another one and that one loops back to the first system. Trololol
2. I love people tell me siggy is down in strange ways. In other news the server is overloaded while having 64 GB of RAM and 2 XEN processors. *headaches*
Lieutenant Kiff
Imperial Shipment
#3 - 2012-08-03 11:17:54 UTC
I have had a similar situation, Our static had 3 low secs and 2 of them were conected.

Literally System - Lowsec A - Lowsec B - Another System.

:P
Barrak
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-08-03 11:44:40 UTC
Jack Tronic wrote:
1.........Trololol

Not sure if you believe me or not.......

SojournerRover
Explorer Corps
#5 - 2012-08-03 12:45:14 UTC
I have had our static have it's static lead back to our home creating a circle, this has happened several times and is less weird than some of the other things I've seen WH's do.

[b][u]ROVER[/u] (REDRUM)[/b]

Derath Ellecon
Washburne Holdings
#6 - 2012-08-03 13:13:58 UTC
I haven't seen that. But I had one time where I literally scanned both sides of the same wormhole with 2 different toons without even realizing it.
Bernie Nator
Hateful Intent
Triumvirate.
#7 - 2012-08-03 14:12:10 UTC
SojournerRover wrote:
I have had our static have it's static lead back to our home creating a circle, this has happened several times and is less weird than some of the other things I've seen WH's do.

I'll vouch for it; was a weird little wormhole cul de sac. There've also been holes that go Home > Static > Static's Static > Home. Makes running sites easier, and makes for fun surprise attacks.
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Wardecs Without Borders
#8 - 2012-08-03 14:24:20 UTC
There are what...64 regions? Should this really surprise you that you might roll this on occasion?

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Nebu Retski
Lead Farmers
#9 - 2012-08-03 14:50:24 UTC
Random Number Generator! Understand how it works and you shouldn't be surprised that such things happen.

We had on a couple of occasions that while rolling our static we got the exact same connector albeit at a different spot.
Silas Shaw
Coffee Hub
#10 - 2012-08-04 03:00:24 UTC
I've yet to see, but am still waiting for, that moment when you open a gate and it chooses the system where you are scanning.

such as N110 in perimeter to perimeter, or whatever. that, I believe, is the TROLL of the RNG.
Tarunik Raqalth'Qui
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2012-08-04 15:26:01 UTC
Silas Shaw wrote:
I've yet to see, but am still waiting for, that moment when you open a gate and it chooses the system where you are scanning.

such as N110 in perimeter to perimeter, or whatever. that, I believe, is the TROLL of the RNG.

Perhaps an A641 is what you seek?
Tark en Chalune
Ascendance
Goonswarm Federation
#12 - 2012-08-04 23:04:51 UTC
SojournerRover wrote:

Way more likely in a Class 6. Far less possible exits for a 6/6 hole than a 5/5 .
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#13 - 2012-08-05 00:40:32 UTC
My old corp used to live in a c5 with a c3 static. We closed the c3 static, and then when the next one opened it went to the exact same c3 system we just closed. So yea they do that sometimes

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Barrak
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#14 - 2012-08-05 08:27:56 UTC
Odd couple of days scanning for me......

Day one, I open to holes into the same system. Day two I open a hole to our sister corporation..........
Markarian Aurelius
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#15 - 2012-08-07 17:53:37 UTC
Read the title of this post, got all hot and bothered, and then realized I wasn't on freeones dot com. Damn you!

But yeah, this happens from time to time. Makes me feels like I'm on a wh hamster wheel.
Barrak
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#16 - 2012-08-08 09:02:59 UTC
Thanks for that Oopsopened it as my Mrs walked through the door...........

Had to show her this thread to convince her it wasn't part of a regular visit for me Blink
Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#17 - 2012-08-08 09:52:43 UTC
I'm pretty sure I've seen a pair of systems being connected by two wormholes at the same time once.
Terrorfrodo
Interbus Universal
#18 - 2012-08-08 11:24:57 UTC
I've always wondered: When closing a static, how is the next static's destination chosen? I can think of several possibilities:

1. Totally random (as far as coded randomness goes) , i.e. it could lead to any eligible system including the one where the last static went
2. Random, but not to the one that just got collapsed
3. Systems that were recently connected (since last downtime?) are excluded

Other restrictions could apply. Maybe systems that already have a lot of wormholes are not eligible, or even preferred to create hubs?

I hear some corps with a static C6 sometimes roll their static many times in a row to get the same C6 again, for invasions. Maybe they can shed some light on this? I guess if the next system is always randomly pulled from the whole pool of C6's, it would usually take *very* long to get the same C6 again, even though there are not so many of them?

tgl3
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2012-08-09 13:00:04 UTC
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
There are what...64 regions? Should this really surprise you that you might roll this on occasion?

OP meant the same system, not Region. Was the first time I'd seen such a thing as well...
Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#20 - 2012-08-17 07:15:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Barrogh Habalu
Bernie Nator wrote:
SojournerRover wrote:

I'll vouch for it; was a weird little wormhole cul de sac. There've also been holes that go Home > Static > Static's Static > Home. Makes running sites easier, and makes for fun surprise attacks.

Most importantly, fun surprize retreats Big smile
If you get two holes something like in low/null nearby, it really suggests a roam with a backup route back in case you'll get yourself hunted back.
12Next page