These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Drone Alloys Question

First post
Author
Laura Nardieu
Shadow State
Goonswarm Federation
#1 - 2012-07-23 17:25:02 UTC
Since the drone nerf, are there any drone alloy drops at all?

Do you think at some point they could be collectible?
Nostradamouse Riraille
S.M.U.G.G.L.E.
#2 - 2012-07-23 17:39:23 UTC
There are still in some drone sites, but the drops are minimal at best.
MadMuppet
Critical Mass Inc
#3 - 2012-07-23 17:46:54 UTC
There are a few that still trickle in off of some missions. Not sure if there will ever be 'collectible drone poop' though.

This message brought to you by Experience(tm). When common sense fails you, experience will come to the rescue. Experience(tm) from the makers of CONCORD.

"If you are part of the problem, you will be nerfed." -MadMuppet

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#4 - 2012-07-23 18:09:33 UTC
Drone alloys are still obtainable in game at sites that dropped it to begin with, such as in lootable containers. The drones themselves no longer drop this loot though; instead they have a bounty on them in place of the alloys.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Tolkenmoon
Hogan's Heroes
#5 - 2012-07-23 18:15:25 UTC
Not all drones have bounties, some of the mission ones have no bounty and drop no loot and the salvage is a joke.
Tomcio FromFarAway
Singularity's Edge
#6 - 2012-07-23 18:23:54 UTC
Alloys still drop from overseers and boss in drone DED5 complex.
Danny Diamonds
Fabricated Reality
#7 - 2012-07-23 18:41:00 UTC
Tolkenmoon wrote:
Not all drones have bounties, some of the mission ones have no bounty and drop no loot and the salvage is a joke.

Quite frankly Drone Complexes and Anoms are simply debris to be cleared in hopes of getting better ones the next day...
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#8 - 2012-07-23 19:18:36 UTC
Elite Drone parasites have no bounty, they do drop elite drone AI's which as far as I can tell are worthless

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Palovana
Inner Fire Inc.
#9 - 2012-07-23 19:55:32 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Elite Drone parasites have no bounty, they do drop elite drone AI's which as far as I can tell are worthless

I've seen them used for Jita "Want to Buy" scam contracts but not much else.
Khavaltre
N.D.A. Inc.
#10 - 2012-07-23 21:14:20 UTC
Elite Drone AI's are needed to create the faction drones, which are fairly useless, unless you can't use T2. The alloys will not likely be collectible until they are not dropped from complexes and certain destructable objects.

I hate that drone alloys are gone.

As a nearly full time mission runner I skip as many drone missions as I can now. Without the alloys drone missions become nearly worthless to run. I get sorta ok, but not great, bounty with no loot drop and beyond worthless salvage.

I think that maybe sometimes the loyalty points are worth doing a mission, but not often. I would rather only see pirate factions that give me same or better bounty and actual loot drops, even metal scraps as drops are great compared to nothing.