These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

An Idea for lowsec changes!

Author
Ms Kat
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2012-07-22 14:30:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Ms Kat
As we all know. CCP fail....... to get more people interested in nullsec as well as lowsec.Bear

Lowsec - ment to be inbetween the "safety" of highsec and the "lawless" null sec. I think that making gate guns un tankable would be a great move, it would offer new pvpers the options of pvping in low sec - scanning down plex's/missions, killing in belts etc. But at the same time giving the newer less experienced pvpers a option to vie out of pvp in lowsec. Dont get me wrong there should be no concord.

highsec - CONCORD/gate/station guns

Lowsec - gate and station guns

Nullsec - freefor all anything goes.

*Edit* Whilst making these changes the sec status hits should be removed from killing ships to encourage pvp in low sec. BUT maybe not on pods so people dont have to worry about jump clones etc
Mag's
Azn Empire
#2 - 2012-07-22 15:14:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Mag's
So, which gate camp killed you?

Edit: Oh and the Features & Ideas Discussion forum, is down a bit. Blink

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

DrSmegma
Smegma United
#3 - 2012-07-22 15:19:53 UTC
Ms Kat wrote:

*Edit* Whilst making these changes the sec status hits should be removed from killing ships to encourage pvp in low sec. BUT maybe not on pods so people dont have to worry about jump clones etc

Well I support this. But I see no logical reason why the empires would not condemn battles in their territory. Then again I never really understood the meaning of low sec, what is it good for, what's it supposed to be lore wise? Is it empire space or not, etc

Eve too complicated? Try Astrum Regatta.

Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#4 - 2012-07-22 15:41:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Simi Kusoni
Ms Kat wrote:
As we all know. CCP fail....... to get more people interested in nullsec as well as lowsec.Bear

Lowsec - ment to be inbetween the "safety" of highsec and the "lawless" null sec. I think that making gate guns un tankable would be a great move, it would offer new pvpers the options of pvping in low sec - scanning down plex's/missions, killing in belts etc. But at the same time giving the newer less experienced pvpers a option to vie out of pvp in lowsec. Dont get me wrong there should be no concord.

So these new PvP players, that can't kill on gates with gate guns supporting them, how are they going to start killing in belts when they don't have gate guns on their side?

*EDIT: Also, do you have any idea how rare it is to find someone in a belt in low sec?

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Ms Kat
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2012-07-23 09:08:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Ms Kat
Simi Kusoni wrote:
Ms Kat wrote:

So these new PvP players, that can't kill on gates with gate guns supporting them, how are they going to start killing in belts when they don't have gate guns on their side?

*EDIT: Also, do you have any idea how rare it is to find someone in a belt in low sec?

The idea behind making gate guns untankable would be so people cannot camp low sec gates with huge numebrs and just nuke anything jumping in, it would even the low sec regions and make them more of a skirmish zone.

Also belts/anomilys have rats, many a time have i killed someone in a sanctum in a bomber because of the added npc DPS!

Also yes it is rare currently to find people in belts, but the proposed change I believe would increase the low sec numbers, thus making it more likely people will feel they can ninja the belts/anomilys etc

**EDIT** CCP also need to get more people running PI as I hjear Dust is quite dependant on it
JigglyKnockers
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2012-07-23 11:10:23 UTC
WOW! I actually do support this! This would be a good idea since it would mean people wouldn't be using gate camps as much. The reason why I very rarely made the trip through lowsec was because of the risk of gate camps, and when I did I used a scout to make sure that the coast was clear. This would bring a lot more traffic through low sec which is what low sec needs now. It should just be gates that get the upgraded guns, it should also be stations. This would bring about some good changes to low sec and people would at least make more trips through low sec.
Ashriban Kador
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2012-07-23 12:13:10 UTC
This post'll get flamed to hell because it's such a stupid idea, but here goes:

If gate guns become untankable, then let bubbles and bombs into Low Sec. Make them 'illegal' to use, meaning any activation or launch triggers GCC and you take a sec hit.
Use them near a gate or station, and the sentries open fire, use them on a belt or anywhere not on grid with some sentry turrets and all is 'fine'.

That way Pirates can still 'pirate'.

Your goals may align with some ... and with others, collide with the force of suns.

Skippermonkey
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-07-23 12:35:07 UTC
people congregate at choke points

deal with it

COME AT ME BRO

I'LL JUST BE DOCKED IN THIS STATION

Roime
Shiva Furnace
#9 - 2012-07-23 12:36:27 UTC
Use any of the majority of entry points that are not camped?

Oh but... :effort: prevents that. Damn.

Ms Kat
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2012-07-23 12:59:11 UTC
Roime wrote:

Wow really never thought of that, or intell channels, or alts scouting. OMG you sir are a genious!!

This suggestion was to improve the low sec gameplay as well as POPULATION. Not because I dont know how to scan, use safe spots, use scouts or ZOMGWTFBBQ use the map :O SHOCK HORROR.

Implying people dont know how to play the game on the forums is really smart, I sure dont DUUUUUHH
dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#11 - 2012-07-23 13:07:25 UTC
Skippermonkey wrote:

deal with it

Staying out of low-sec is one way to deal with it, the downside to this strategy is that is keeps a large part of the player base in hi-sec. I guess low-sec is great if you like small gang pvp, wormholes are not bad if you are looking for 1 on 1 pvp, and you can mostly avoid the gate camp problem.

The "bad" thing about gate camping is that new players may not know exactly how low-sec works, and if you go there as an inexperienced player with a newly created character, it may leave you with the impression that it's impossible to get into pvp.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Roime
Shiva Furnace
#12 - 2012-07-23 13:24:37 UTC
Ms Kat wrote:
Roime wrote:

Wow really never thought of that, or intell channels, or alts scouting. OMG you sir are a genious!!

This suggestion was to improve the low sec gameplay as well as POPULATION. Not because I dont know how to scan, use safe spots, use scouts or ZOMGWTFBBQ use the map :O SHOCK HORROR.

Implying people dont know how to play the game on the forums is really smart, I sure dont DUUUUUHH

Oh wow.

So you agree that it's dead easy to move around lowsec? Gate camps are not an issue in any way. Irrational fear is an issue to the bears.

And you can't remove that without surgery.

Mike Whiite
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#13 - 2012-07-23 13:30:49 UTC
In my humble opinion, I think EVE would benefit from stepping away from 0.0 and WH space as endgame area's and make every part of EVE more dependant of eachother.

All regions surply the full monty concerning resources, I think it would benefit migration accross the universe bij making certain minarals, ore's, moon's and other production materials more bound to one region or the other.

now only quantities vary.

certain base product should stay availible in highsec, they wouldn't be base products if they wheren't easy to acces.

in the end it would benefit interaction in everyway is you would need to travel to low to gain certian minarals, or that specific low sec region, to gain them same for 0.0.

High sec should be the best place for producing, aside from capitals, because no empire allows that within it's borders, but it's infra structure should be so much better than low and 0.0 that bonus should be logical.

Regional bound should still be able to find outside there regions through Graf sites.

this would force ships and producion materials to travel the stars providing oppertunities for pirates, alliances to gain monopolies, but not able to monopolise more than 1 or 2 materials, forcing the to trade as well.
malcovas Henderson
THoF
#14 - 2012-07-23 13:39:59 UTC
Put a concord mothership, on exit point Gates into Lo from hi. Make it destroyable only with a fleet of logi's and dps. Attacking it sets sec status -10, but once it is gone any ship passing through is fair meat. No sec Hit. Failure to remove the mothership, and attacking ships passing through, will result in insta pop from concord. Mothership respawns every 4,8,12 or DT.

This way the Gate campers earn the right to camp.

o7
Tetsel
House Amamake
#15 - 2012-07-23 14:39:00 UTC
Rabble Rabble Rabble you want people in low-sec, that's easy, no need for all those theorycrafting sentry/CONCORD rabble, just add a low-sec exclusiv ressource that worth it, and you will see people comming to low-sec...

Loyal servent to Mother Amamake. @EVE_Tetsel

Another Bittervet Please Ignore

Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#16 - 2012-07-23 14:44:37 UTC
I feel left out. I've been in low hundreds of times, and never saw a gate camp.Sad
Karl Planck
Perkone
Caldari State
#17 - 2012-07-23 14:46:19 UTC
what tetsel said is true. In addition, what you are proposing would decrease the population. I could explain why but its more trouble than its worth

I has all the eve inactivity

Elvis Fett
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2012-07-23 15:14:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Elvis Fett
Your idea is neither unique, original, or good. It has been suggested before (within the last week) and it has been shot down before because it would have the opposite effect. All this would do is cause a large chunk of those that already do live in low-sec to move out.

If I were to wager a bet, I would bet on the OP being a high-sec dweller. Gate-camps are a non-existent problem created in the minds of high-sec dwellers. Low-sec gate camps are far from common, and relatively easy to break through. If you can't get away from a gatecamp with no bubble that's a problem with you not with low-sec
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#19 - 2012-07-23 15:22:31 UTC
dexington wrote:
Skippermonkey wrote:

deal with it

Staying out of low-sec is one way to deal with it, the downside to this strategy is that is keeps a large part of the player base in hi-sec. I guess low-sec is great if you like small gang pvp, wormholes are not bad if you are looking for 1 on 1 pvp, and you can mostly avoid the gate camp problem.

The "bad" thing about gate camping is that new players may not know exactly how low-sec works, and if you go there as an inexperienced player with a newly created character, it may leave you with the impression that it's impossible to get into pvp.

There are 2 types of people. type 1 would be as you say, discouraged by how things work.

Type 2 snaps his fingers, rolls his neck and shouts "oh no you didn't" and learns to fight back.

EVe should not be making concessions to type 1s, it should be advertising on websites type 2s visit, like Mixed martial arts fansites lol, to entice more of them to join.

oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#20 - 2012-07-23 15:26:21 UTC
So we have to change low or 0.0 to get highsec players into other worlds of EvE

And what if most of high goes to low or null ,would low and 0.0 will be the same?

R.S.I2014

12Next page