These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

PURCHASING OFFICER MODULES

Author
PAOKAN
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-07-17 12:09:21 UTC
Hello all,
I 'd like to ask this : can I buy officer modules in the market (I found several in Jita) if I have the money or do I need to have something else, too ? If I remember well, it was necessary to collect a quantity of insignias to be able to buy some items in the game. But I have a lot of time to play the game and forgot many of the how-to info I had learned...

Have fun
Paokan

Tagera
Dog Nation
#2 - 2012-07-17 12:20:18 UTC
You can buy the officer modules in the market with isk. The only other way to get them is if they are on named officers that you have to take out. And then you loot them.
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#3 - 2012-07-17 12:30:18 UTC
The only time insignia are needed, is on the LP stores. not the regular market.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

mxzf
Shovel Bros
#4 - 2012-07-17 12:42:54 UTC
As the previous two posters have said, you don't need anything other than ISK to buy things from the market. As long as you have enough ISK, and can find an officer module on the market, you can buy it.

That said, if you have to ask like this, you probably shouldn't be buying it, since you lack a fundamental understanding of the game mechanics. At your age, I'm assuming that you'd need to use PLEX to buy an officer module if you saw one and that any one you might buy would either be for an insanely over-priced ship you'd be flying (and likely lose it due to low skills) or part of a MT scam and end up with you losing your money. Either way, it's best to hold off on buying officer modules until you understand the game fairly well.
Lyric Lahnder
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-07-17 13:08:39 UTC
Paokan If your new I would not suggest using those modules.

If you fit those to something you might loose or get ganked in your going to be flushing alot of isk down the toilet for something cheaper that could have done just as well.

Noir. and Noir Academy are recruiting apply at www.noirmercs.com I Noir Academy: 60 days old must be able to fly at least one tech II frigate. I Noir. Recruits: 4:1 k/d ratio and can fly tech II cruisers.

Marc Callan
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#6 - 2012-07-17 13:43:53 UTC
PAOKAN wrote:
Hello all,
I 'd like to ask this : can I buy officer modules in the market (I found several in Jita) if I have the money or do I need to have something else, too ? If I remember well, it was necessary to collect a quantity of insignias to be able to buy some items in the game. But I have a lot of time to play the game and forgot many of the how-to info I had learned...

Have fun
Paokan

To buy them on the open market, all you need is the cash. Insignia trade-ins are mostly for buying faction items from loyalty-point stores; for example, you need a pile of insignias, a lot of loyalty points, and a pile of cash to get a Caldari Navy Adaptive Invulnerability Field from an LP store, but you can pay cash (lots more cash) on the barrel head in the open market to get one.

Whether you should buy officer modules if you've been away long enough that you're not quite familiar with some of the game mechanics is another matter. Considering that a lot of officer modules go for a billion ISK a pop and above (emphasis on "pop") ...

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegurt

Fidelium Mortis
Minor Major Miners LLC
#7 - 2012-07-17 15:57:49 UTC
I would hold off a bit on picking up those juicy modules until you have a better grasp of the game. There are people out there that will be more than happy to relieve you of those officer modules in a heartbeat, even in high-sec. Keep in mind that in some cases, sacrificing a few hundred million isk in ships to suicide gank a nicely faction fitted ship can give someone a nice payday.

ICRS - Intergalactic Certified Rocket Surgeon

PAOKAN
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2012-07-17 19:45:42 UTC
Thank you all guys. I appreciate your advice.
Indeed there are a lot I need to learn.

Have fun
Paokan