These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Sell Orders

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

[WTS] Pirate Epic Arc ('Angel Sound' & 'Smash and Grab') support packages

First post
Author
Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#1 - 2011-09-21 18:24:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Substantia Nigra
Alas, it is time. I have closed this service.
Thank you all for your support and assistance.

-- | --

Pirate Epic Arc survival and completion packages - Angel Sound & Smash and Grab

Lots more info below, with details about agent standings requirements at bottom of third posting.

NOTICE
Interceptors rule!

This arc was designed with interceptors in mind, but it was not until the rubicon buff that they truly became the best ship for the job. If you still need to train for an interceptor to run these arcs then I'd suggest giving thought to the malediction and light missiles.

Price 100M [email protected] with prepayment of a 10% deposit.

Available mainly upon request in Rens - Just eve-mail me (Substantia Nigra) ingame or email me out-of game ([email protected]) and forward the 10% (10M isk) deposit to confirm your order.

I'm not in hisec much nowadays, not enough to keep packages regularly on the contract market, so am building them to-order in Rens (where I have an alt stationed).

Do not buy from anyone else, no third party sales have been approved - although I have recently (05AUG14) been contacted by a potential third party vendor.

When we started out, a couple years ago, people worried about this being a scam ... or some other imaginative mischief. If you're worried about that then please read the following pages of comments and feedback. We have no need to scam, the kits we're selling are superb and pretty well sell themselves.

Our cartographers, photographers, explorers, and technical writers went out tagging along with our mission runners. These efforts bore some very useful fruit and I am very pleased to provide to the eve market, the very best survival and completion package you’re ever going to find for the two pirate epic arcs:

• Angel Sound (Angels)
  • Smash and Grab (Guristas)

These packages are available for purchase, via contract, in Rens. Simply contact me, make a 10% deposit to me, and I will have a kit contracted to you as soon as I can.

These packages offer more than just a guide. Much, much, more!

Their contents include:

• The best, most thorough, most detailed guide to the mission arc ( secure PDF file);
  • A comprehensive set of specially made bookmarks to assist you in the smooth and safe completion of the mission arc; and
  • A mini-manual, based on the main guide but available in-game in the form of bookmarks.

The manual

Our manual is an 'epic' work and includes: Useful general information and advice concerning running epic mission arcs safely through all that nullsec space; Maps and detailed descriptions of the routes to get to all of the starter-agents for the arc; Maps and detailed route descriptions for getting to the main mission agents deep in nullsec space; and Very detailed descriptions of every mission available during the arc.

Each mission is described with details about the agent briefings, the various systems in which the mission occurs, the NPCs encountered during the mission, how to complete, and the rewards received.

There is no other manual like this! It covers everything you’re likely to want to know about these enjoyable and rewarding epic arcs.

The bookmarks

These are collections of hundreds of useful bookmarks, custom-made for this particular epic mission arc. Included in this extensive collection of bookmarks:

• Safespots or Semisafespots in every system you’re likely to visit. These locations are chosen primarily to provide you with a safe warp direction towards the outgoing stargate, to prevent you getting caught by hostile bubbles.
  • Locations near every lowsec and nullsec gate you’re likely to pass through … positioned to let you warp without getting caught in a nullsec bubble, and to let you observe a gate for activity before passing through it.
  • Locations near a station in most systems with stations, situated to reduce likelihood of your being bubbled when warping to the station and to let you observe the station before docking. This includes every station where a mission agent is resident and a station in most (?all) systems where you’re likely to be asked to run a mission. This also includes exit, instawarp, bookmarks for those stations.

This bookmark collection is designed to let you travel quickly and safely through the lowsec and nullsec systems that this epic mission arc takes you to. Rather than warping directly to a gate (and risking being caught in a bubble and happily greeted by the PvP gang waiting at the gate), or trying to warp to 100km from the gate (same problem), these bookmarks let you warp to near the gate using a very safe line that is very unlikely to be bubbled or camped. Once you’re there (200-400km from the gate) you can observe the gate for bubbles and activity, and time your jump through that gate to be optimally safe.

The mini-manual

The full manual needs to be emailed to you. To let you start your reading and preparation, while you contact me and I send you the full manual, many of the important elements in the main manual have been copy-pasted over to a series of bookmarks. This collection forms a mini-manual that can be read ingame. It’s not a replacement for the uber-manual, but is intended as a way to let you get started right away while we get the full manual to you.

We hope these packages prove to be worthwhile to the arc-running community and wish you every joy and success in your pirate arc efforts … whether or not you choose to use one of our packages.

Cheers
Subs

Evemail - Substantia Nigra
Email - [email protected]

I guess I am almost a 'vet' by now. Hopefully not too bitter and managing to help more than I hinder. I build and sell many things, including large collections of bookmarks.

Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#2 - 2011-09-21 18:26:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Substantia Nigra
Pirate Epic Arc Completion Packages: Finding and Buying them

Finding the packages

I used to keep packages available on the open market, but am no longer in hisec often enough to make this viable. Now I am building the packages to-order, after receipt of a 10% downpayment.

Make the 10% deposit / downpayment to me and eve-mail me to let me know ... and to provide me with your out-of-game email address. Then, as soon as I can, I will arrange for the kit(s) to be contracted to you ... at a cost equal to the remaining 90%. Once you've accepted the contract I will email you the manual(s)

Contract details will show two or four small standard containers and several hundred bookmarks.

Onselling and others selling similar items

If the package is not being sold by either myself, or Tuber Cinereum, then you cannot rely on it being our package.

We have not authorised anyone else to onsell or sell our packages. Purchasers are not authorised to onsell, even though there's no way we can actually stop you. We charge precious little for the packages, so they're intended for use by the purchaser only.

Updates and Revisions

Will only be available to original purchaser, and will only be forwarded to purchasers who respond to mailing list announcements of update releases.

I guess I am almost a 'vet' by now. Hopefully not too bitter and managing to help more than I hinder. I build and sell many things, including large collections of bookmarks.

Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#3 - 2011-09-21 18:27:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Substantia Nigra
Pirate Epic Arc Completion Packages: Support Resources

Contacts

Substantia Nigra or Tuber Cinereum (One of us is usually logged-on whenever we're active)

[email protected]

EVE forums

Advertisement and discussion forum posting: Home >> EVE Forums >> EVE Marketplace >> Sell Orders >> [WTS] Pirate Epic Mission Arcs: Survival and Completion Packages for ‘Angel Sound’ & ‘Smash and Grab - http://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=12973

Link advertisement in mission-runners forum section: Home » EVE Forums » EVE Gameplay Center » Missions & Complexes » Pirate Epic Arc support packages - Angel Sound & Smash and Grab - http://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=88591

Chat Channel

For in-game enquiries and general discussion about running the pirate epic mission arcs.

NFI about Epic Arcs

NFI about Epic Arcs

Pirate Epic Arc Completion Packages: Standings & Locations to Start the Arcs

Angel Sound and Smash & Grab are level 3 epic mission arcs. To commence either arc you need standings adequate to access at least one of the three starter agents for that arc. That is corp or faction standings greater than 3.0, providing neither corp nor faction standings is also lower than -2.0. Once you have been offered the starter mission your standings are not checked again ... so you can run the arc even if you have -9 standings with the pirate faction, as long as you are able to access one of the other starter agents.

The starter agents, their corps / factions, and their locations are listed below.

Angel Sound
Aton Hordner, Republic Security Services, Minmatar Republic, in Egbinger (lowsec).
Arajna Ashia, Amarr Imperial Navy, Amarr Empire, in Sendaya (lowsec).
Ellar Stin, Dominations, Angel Caret, in Konora (lowsec).

Smash & Grab
Arment Caute, Federal Intelligence Office, Gallente Federation, in Orvolle (hisec).
Atma Aulato, Ytiri, Caldari State, in Obe (lowsec).
Yada Vinjivas, Guristas, Guristas Pirates, in Taisy (lowsec).

Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#4 - 2011-09-21 18:28:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Substantia Nigra
FAQs: Questions answerred concerning our Pirate Epic Arc support packages

Where can I buy this package?

These packages are available, on contract, in Rens.

Isn’t that way too much ISK to ask?

Whatever amount is being asked, someone will think it’s too much. The price we ask is an attempt at accurately reflecting the quality of these packages and the amount of work that has gone into building them. Because we want them to sell, and to make some money from them selling, we have also tried to balance their affordability and profitability.

Completing a pirate epic arc just once, without losing a ship, will see you almost 400M ISK better off. If you run these pirate arcs as often as you can (three monthly), that will be an extra 3 – 3.5B ISK in your wallet per annum … assuming you sell the blueprints rather than (like me) decide you **need** to fly that Cynabal / Gila and fit them with those cool pirate modules.

Even if you run the arc only once, and this package lets you avoid losing your ship, it will be well worth the price you’ve paid. If you run these arcs more often the cost of this package will be a mere drop in the ocean of ISK that you’ll be making.

How do I get the PDF manual?

Mail me, in-game or out-of-game, with your email address and details confirming your purchase of our package (who / where / when), and I will return mail you to full manual.

How do I know you’ll send me the manual, and that this is not just some market scam?

Initially, you don’t, and that is a very sensible question to ask. Over time I expect that purchasers will make feedback postings in this forum thread … so please read them and form your own opinion about my honesty, integrity, and reliability.

In the meantime please search out my other forum posts or ask anyone you think may know me or have dealt with me, and form your own opinion on whether you can trust me. After doing your homework you will find that I am a main character, not a hide-behind alt, and that my every dealing with everyone has been impeccably honest and (mostly) entirely courteous. I will confess, in advance, to a couple slightly-not-so-courteous forum postings, but if you see them and read what prompted them I suspect you’ll at least partly agree with me.

Why buy when I can make all that myself?

I built this so you would certainly be able to do so. If that’s attractive to you then I recommend you do so, all the while I expect it will not take very long for you to realise just how much work is involved.

What’s stopping me duplicating your package and selling it myself … even undercutting you?

This is, indeed, possible. I’d hope you wouldn’t want to do this, and would be saddened to see it occur.

My hope is that the honesty of the majority in eve will prevail and that the rare few intent on dishonest efforts will be put-off by the amount of work involved, even in duplicating these packages.

What if pirates also have that bookmark collection?

It would be wise to assume that hostile people do have this bookmark set, some of them may. Even if they didn’t have these particular bookmarks most nullsec residents and roamers have extensive bookmark collections near gates and other celestial objects.

All the same it is exceedingly unlikely that someone will camp or bubble to warp lines or locations used by these bookmarks. You can see why this will be the case by thinking about how many people, what proportion, passing through those systems are doing so because of the epic arc …. and how many of those are using this bookmark set? It’s going to be a very small portion of traffic and most PvPers are going to be putting their effort where they will get the best return … bubbling and camping the main gate-gate and celestial-gate warp-lines.

These bookmarks cannot ever offer you perfect safety, but used intelligently it’s highly unlikely you’ll have problems, and it’s highly likely that you’ll be travelling much more quickly and much more safely through your epic mission arc.

If you’re planning to run the arc more than one, then you might also want to think about using this bookmark set to build your own. That will take you longer, the first time, but will provide you with your own custom-made bookmark set.

I have no doubt that this forum post will be subject to the predictable “Bwahh Ha Ha. Yarrr, I’m an evil piwate and I’m gonna buy those bookmarks and then kill you” postings. Personally, I would have more fear of the competent pirates / PvPers out there who do not feel the need to ego-tank, making forum postings to tell the world how great they are.

Why is the mini-manual in the form of more bookmarks?

Bookmarks are the only way to pass text to other player via contract sales. If I could copy notepad pages and hand them over as vouchers I would have done so. The information fields in bookmarks hold a reasonable amount of text, but they are not very user-friendly to read.

Unfortunately bookmarks, imperfect as they are, are the only way I can provide you immediately with that information.

Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#5 - 2011-09-21 18:29:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Substantia Nigra
How do I get the main manual?

Just mail me, ingame or out-of-game, and tell me who / where / when you purchased the package, and give me your out-of-game email address. I’ll check my contracts to confirm your purchase (if it was an alt then let me know their name … I will need the actual purchasing character’s name) and then I will email you the manual.

If you don’t get a prompt response to an ingame enquiry then mail me out-of-game ([email protected]). I check my mail regularly when I travel, and I can also redirect your email to a corp-mate when I am away … which is not so easy to do with ingame evemail.

What type of document is the manual? How big is it?

The manual is in PDF format and can be read with Adobe Acrobat Reader or via your web-browser. The PDF file will have some security provisions to prevent copying and printing.

The manuals are 2 - 5Mb PDF files, and are sent to you via out-of-game email.

Does the manual have lots of cool pictures?

The manuals started out as fairly sombre documents, but a few arc-runnings later I'd collected a great set of images covering every pirate arc mission. Now those holiday snaps shots are annotated with useful info and included in the manual. As well there are a bundle of useful charts and diagrams showing the various routes and the inter-relationships between the missions (etc etc etc).
Lots and lots of cool pictures.

I’ve already posted a sample (draft version) image at: http://postimage.org/image/25ztobxg/.

Can I get copies for my corp / alliance?

Absolutely! I’d be happy to disuss any bulk-orders that you’re interested in.

Is there anywhere, ingame, that I can ask more?

We have setup a chat-channel and an evemail mailing list to support our epic mission arc completion packages, and to assist you in running those arcs. Both the chat channel and the mailing list are titled “NFI about Epic Arcs”.

Will I be able to get updates when the package is revised? How much?

Yes, but we will announce revisions via our mailing list and will be happy to forward updates, free of charge, upon request from purchasers of previous versions.

The most likely revisions will be minor updates to the manual, although additions to the bookmark collection will also be likely.

Why buy this when there’s freebie stuff available?

In eve, as in many aspects of RL, it’s often a case of getting what you pay for. There are a number of free resources available concerning the pirate epic arcs. Some are easy enough to find (some of the better guides) and some not so easy (some of the forum discussions). None of them offer a guide of this quality, none offer the backup support of dedicated chat channels and mailing lists, none offer to send you free upgrades when changes are made, and none at all provide you with a heap of top-rate bookmarks to help you run these epic mission arcs.

IMO the best freebie stuff is probably:
- Jowen Datloran’s guides, available at http://lorebook.eve-inspiracy.com/ - and you will find Jowen's comments about how much better our kit is, in this thread.
- Omnicide Incarnate’s guide (guristas only), at https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=58696#post58696 - - and you will find Omnicide's comments about how much better our kit is, in this thread.
- Ras Shotan’s guide (Angel’s only) at https://sites.google.com/site/rasshotan/angel-sound.
- The evelopedia wiki entry about epic arcs, at http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Epic_mission_arcs.
- New forum discussions, in the Missions & Complexes section of the eve gameplay center at http://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=topics&f=248.

Can I has your stuff?

Sure. Find me and kill me, in Curse or Venal, and you can have everything my ship drops.

Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#6 - 2011-09-21 18:29:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Substantia Nigra
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?
- Douglas Adams

Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#7 - 2011-09-21 18:30:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Substantia Nigra
Saithe > the shower is just a big toilet that you cant miss

Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#8 - 2011-09-21 23:34:15 UTC

"Everything was better back when everything was worse"
"It looks so great, I can't wait to be disappointed" - The Paradoxi of choice

mxzf
Shovel Bros
#9 - 2011-09-22 01:39:48 UTC
Sounds like a cool idea. One issue though, I can't see anywhere in your post where you list the asking price, that would be a helpful piece of information.
Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#10 - 2011-09-22 02:23:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Substantia Nigra
Thanks.

We are still discussing / debating the ask-price, but will need to have that sorted when we put items on the market. Probably in the order of the cost of the T2 frigate that you're not going to lose becase you use our package.

I **will** edit the main posting, to include price, when I pop the first packages onto the contracts market ... probably egbinger over this coming weekend.

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2011-09-22 05:56:36 UTC
Very good introduction and a great idea.

Will there be a package deal to get both Angel and Guristas?
Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#12 - 2011-09-22 06:40:40 UTC
Yes, we've done the work for both.

Angel Sound is close to completion. Guide is finished, bookmarks all gathered (culling, sorting, and renaming for consistency atm), and the mini-manual about half done.

Smash and Grab is a little further from completion. Guide about half done, bookmarks all gathered, and no work on mini-manual yet. I'm in Venal (on and off) at present, trying to get some better screenshots for the Smash and Grab manual.

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2011-09-22 09:48:14 UTC
Thanks. I probably didn't make my question clear.

Your ad states you will have 2 packages available, 1 for Angel and 1 for Guristas, probably both have the same price.

My question is will there be a deal to obtain both packages at the same time for a reduced rate compared to buying one package now and then buying the other package later?
Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#14 - 2011-09-22 10:17:58 UTC
Ahhh, now that you put it that way your initial question is more clear ... and I misunderstood.

Good idea. Hadn't thought of that but will explore and discuss. I guess the main argument against is that most people who do one would likely be wanting to do the other ... they are fun ... so little vendor advantage in a combined package. The main 'pro' would be needing less contracts to offer the same amount of stuff.

Flittoff
Rum Rebels
Militaires-Sans-Frontieres.
#15 - 2011-09-22 10:49:59 UTC
Congratulations on getting these packages together Subs. I have read thru the notes and they are a helpful and comprehensive guide. The bookmarks are all there. They will work for you.

HeY GuyS and GalS. I am very happy to recommend these packages to you and give Subs a glowing character reference as an honest, hard working and innovative player. I know that you will find her honest to deal with. I have flown in eve with her for over a year. We co-occupied a POS in a C3 system and you know how honest someone is after sharing a POS for a few months.

Cheers
Flitt
Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#16 - 2011-09-22 22:00:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Substantia Nigra
Flittoff wrote:

I am very happy to recommend these packages to you and give Subs a glowing character reference ...

Thanks Flitt

Kind words are much appreciated ... always, and especially atm from an aussie given what's going down during the rugby world cup right now. Go ABs, go!

We have known each other ingame for quite a while now and I am pleased you thought not to mention the smelly-socks-in-POS incident Big smile
Fly safe.

Omnicide Incarnate
Doomheim
#17 - 2011-09-22 23:56:25 UTC
My name is Omnicide Incarnate and I approve of this product and/or service.

I was one of the guys lucky enough to receive a draft copy of Substantia's guide.

I had been telling her over the course of our conversations that she was putting entirely too much work into her guide, I simply wrote down what was happening as I did the guristas arc, whereas Substantia is really making something worth while.

First off, as I have seen the draft guide I can confirm its existence, and that his is not a scam.

Second, I can confirm that she has pure intentions, here is her objective, in my own words.

She just wants to help u pathetic, pathetic noobs. Ur such a bad noob u can't even run regular missions with the other

noobs can u? U dont have one of those big battleships like the other noobs do huh? Well why dont u get ur dumb

noob self into ur teeny weeny little assault frigate and/or interceptor, buy Substantia's guide, and go do the Angels arc.

Then ull have enough money to buy one of those big dumb battleships and fit in with the rest of the noobs... noob.

-Omnicide Incarnate

Also, having completed the angel arc twice, I can confirm that as the more profitable of the 2 pirate arcs it will definitely provide profits of atleast 400 million isk.

Finally, as a matter of opinion on the price. Substantia has put in EXCESSIVE amounts of work in creating all of the bookmarks included in these packages. I'm usually too lazy to make bookmarks as it is, but to make bookmarks in every 0.0 system involved in the arc, while everyone is trying to kill u... just so u can go and provide them to people who want to do the arc, but arent familiar with the pvp aspects of 0.0 sapce... is just above and beyond all expectations. Assuming the bookmarks save u from losing 2 tech 2 frigs and 1 clone full of +3 implants, the value of the bookmarks alone is already over 100 mil isk. And as mentioned, the reward for doing the mission arc ONCE is 400mil.

How much money have u accidentally donated to scammers? Dont be stingy now when u have a chance to reward someone who is providing a genuine opportunity for profit, for it rarely happens in eve.

Jack Olev
Roman Investment Group
#18 - 2011-09-23 02:46:14 UTC
1. Buy Package
2. Post PDF on internet.
3. No one ever buys package again.
Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#19 - 2011-09-23 03:07:36 UTC
> I was one of the guys lucky enough to receive a draft copy of Substantia's guide. I had been telling her over the course of our conversations that she was putting entirely too much work into her guide ...

Thanks for agreeing to review the guide for me Omni. Tidy-ups and revisions have been made, and it's ready to roll.

You have, and we have agreed that on an isk-per-hour basis this has been an entirely **fail** effort. All the same, it has been fun and I will be happy if the package is as useful to others as I think it will. My motivations are not entirely 100% 'pure' as I'd also be very happy to make some isk out of the venture.

> Second, I can confirm that she has pure intentions, here is her objective, in my own words.

LOL! I am glad they're your words, coz they sure aren't mine.

It will be interesting to see who ends up buying these products. I think they'll be as attractive to experienced ppl who, similar to you, haven't made themselves decent bookmarks but do realise their value and want to be able to complete the arcs more quickly and safely.

I do agree with you though, that they should be a humungous benefit for pirate arc first timers. I lost a T2 frigate during my first attempt (along with the mission item I was carrying), and am hoping these packages can prevent others from suffering similar losses.

> ... into ur teeny weeny little assault frigate and/or interceptor, buy Substantia's guide, and go do the Angels arc.

I agree on all counts :-)

It really is neat having these arcs that can be run in a frigate hull. I have little doubt that a decently tanked T1 frigate could complete them, but it is fun to fly an intie or AF around nullsec.

> Also, having completed the angel arc twice, I can confirm that as the more profitable of the 2 pirate arcs it will definitely provide profits of at least 400 million isk.

Agreed. Angel Sound is the more lucrative, but also has tougher encounter missions ... especially when that Yukiro Demense dude is involved. The guristas one is easier to run, I read about someone completing it in a covops frig, but the rewards are a little less valuable.

> Finally, as a matter of opinion on the price. Subs has put in EXCESSIVE amounts of work in creating all of the bookmarks included in these packages. I'm usually too lazy to make bookmarks as it is, but to make bookmarks in every 0.0 system involved in the arc, while everyone is trying to kill u... just so u can go and provide them to people who want to do the arc, but aren't familiar with the pvp aspects of 0.0 space... is just above and beyond all expectations. Assuming the bookmarks save u from losing 2 tech 2 frigs and 1 clone full of +3 implants, the value of the bookmarks alone is already over 100 mil isk. And as mentioned, the reward for doing the mission arc ONCE is 400mil.

Well, we did consider asking 100M for each package ... for about a picoseconds :-)

The price is looking likely to be somewhere between 1/4 and 1/3 of that amount, although if anyone wants to pay / donate 100M it will always be welcome.

> How much money have u accidentally donated to scammers? Dont be stingy now when u have a chance to reward someone who is providing a genuine opportunity for profit, for it rarely happens in eve.

Thanks very much Omni. I hope all this profiting business is mutual. May you all be overwhelmed with great waves of iskies.

Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#20 - 2011-09-23 09:41:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Substantia Nigra
Woo hoo!

I just popped the first one on the contract market ... in Rens. Egbinger next, then other locations tomorrow.

We debated the price, and settled on the low end of the range to start with. A bargain!!!

Beers are on me when one first sells Lol

123Next pageLast page