These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Training a 10 Year Old (Educational Series Through 2013)

First post
Author
BOND 007
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2012-06-30 03:02:16 UTC
Howdy!

I am an 8.5 year old in New Eden and I've never done much. I was purchased on June 27th, 2012 legally
via the EVE Forums Character Bizarre, by Doctor Caldari for 3 Billion ISK;

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=125925

For the next 1.5 years while I become trained, I will describe the entire process here. Advice is
welcome of course and will become a valuable part of the experience.

I started out like this;
http://tinypic.com/r/14vpouq/6
http://tinypic.com/r/303jo90/6

My API is now updated and you can watch me grow here;

http://eveboard.com/pilot/BOND_007

Let's see how good I can become in just 18 months before being a Decade old.

BOND 007
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2012-06-30 03:26:49 UTC
June 30th, 2012 I flew to Jita, picked up a shuttle and then went to Amsen and installed a
Medical Clone that saves up to 32m skill points at the cost of 3 million ISK.

Picking up ALL skill books at Amsen.

BOND 007
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2012-06-30 20:45:56 UTC  |  Edited by: BOND 007
Just injected 29 skills. Training Science to L3, then Cybernetics to L4 for a set of Standard Implants (4 days away).

Used one of (3) Bonus Neural Remaps.

Was 17, 21, 18, 22, 21.

Now 24, 24, 17, 17, 17.

Next remap available June 20th, 2013.

Gianath
Gallentian Legitimate Businessmen
#4 - 2012-07-01 06:34:50 UTC
BOND 007 wrote:
Howdy!

I'm confused. Were you doing something here that the other 100,000 people in the game weren't also doing?
BOND 007
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2012-07-02 02:31:24 UTC  |  Edited by: BOND 007
July 2nd, 2012

- Selected 1st Frigate, Republic Fleet Firetail $14m @ Jita.
So now I'm faster by a bit and stylish in my Faction Frigate.

- Installed (2) Implants;
Limited Memory Augmentation - Beta (+2 Memory)
Limited Cybernetic Subprocessor - Beta (+2 Intelligence)
Cost at Jita, just under $2 million ISK.

Memory and intelligence are the primary and secondary
attributes of training Science & Cybernetics up to L5. As I have
no way of creating a jump clone without joining a corporation,
these two implants will be destroyed in two weeks when
a full L5 Improved implant set is plugged is.

- 24 more skills injected.

So, that should be enough excitement for the next few weeks.
Stay tuned to find out what I start to train first, once I can learn
as fast as possible. (I do already know....) :)

BOND 007
BOND 007
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2012-07-02 03:54:48 UTC
Can't speak for the other 99,999 so perhaps I missed that thread.

I had no idea that there were that many 2003 Characters that had
openly documented their training. Sigh. Ah well, I'll do it again then
without reading what all those people said.

The nice thing is that so far, no one has disputed my Training
procedure.

Thank you! Big smile

BOND 007 (Not yelling! I was born that way. ) LOL!

Gianath wrote:
BOND 007 wrote:
Howdy!

I'm confused. Were you doing something here that the other 100,000 people in the game weren't also doing?

Jacob Holland
Weyland-Vulcan Industries
#7 - 2012-07-02 07:54:19 UTC
Could be an interesting project.

You are all over the place with the training though (or at least the injecting), which is a little disappointing, what is the goal at the moment?

It might be quite interesting to set short term, directed goals to train towards (eg: make the character pay (PI or whatever), Interceptors...etc.). It might give people a bit more of an insight into the logic of training an alt and might give you a better sense of progress.
Tomcio FromFarAway
Singularity's Edge
#8 - 2012-07-02 14:14:04 UTC
Not bashing or anything but.....what is the point of this thread exactly?
Estel Again
Doomheim
#9 - 2012-07-02 15:47:16 UTC
BOND 007 wrote:
I had no idea that there were that many 2003 Characters that had openly documented their training.

You may be a "2003 Character", but you're not documenting the training of a "2003 Character", you're documenting the training of a month-old character. Millions have gone before you.
BOND 007
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2012-07-02 16:15:56 UTC
Thank you. That is exactly what is planned. All skills injected at current are part of the overall goals, which is why you won't find any corporate skills. To train properly there's really not much of a point to go into much detail until the L5 implants are installed. Then it's game on. So glad we don't have learning skills anymore, as that would be very boring. Short term directed goals will begin in about two weeks.

BOND 007

Jacob Holland wrote:
Could be an interesting project.

You are all over the place with the training though (or at least the injecting), which is a little disappointing, what is the goal at the moment?

It might be quite interesting to set short term, directed goals to train towards (eg: make the character pay (PI or whatever), Interceptors...etc.). It might give people a bit more of an insight into the logic of training an alt and might give you a better sense of progress.

BOND 007
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2012-07-26 02:05:50 UTC
Chapter 2 : Quite The Socialite

Okay so now that I have my L5 Improved Implant set to train as fast as possible, it's time to move in a direction.

My Eve Sheet and Skill Training

I will become a Research Scientist in order to create passive ISK income via Datacore harvesting. As this will involve churning L3 Security and L4 Distribution missions to drive my standings up with the Research Corporation, first order of business will be becoming quite the -Elite- Socialite.

Before ever running any missions (or even having ships to run them), I am now training;

Social L5
Connections L5 (In order to mostly skip having to do many L1 or L2 missions at all)
Diplomacy L5 (So that angering other Factions during non-selective adverse security missions will never much matter)
Distribution Connections L5 (To gain the most LP or Loyalty Points possible from Distribution Missions)
Fast Talk L5 (To gain the quickest Security Status increases from Concord when running Security Missions)
Negotiation L5 (To be paid as much ISK as possible when running missions)
Security Connections L5 (To gain the most LP or Loyalty Points possible from Security Missions)

The Social skills that I am not training are);

Criminal Connections (Planned Agents are not)
Mining Connections (Have no plans on mining)

This will take about 45 days.

Next will be building a L3 solo 100% perfect Tier II Passive Drake and skills, a two step process that will quickly create one using Factional components, begin missions and then round out with a 100% perfect Tier II non factional. That's gonna take a few months and looking forward to it, especially the Factional Tier II style Meta 6-ish Drake (Using reasonably priced yet quite uncommon Factional parts).

See Ya'll in about 6 weeks for Chapter 3 : The Funcional Factional Drake (Solo L3 PVE)

BOND 007
My Stats & Skill Training Queue

BOND 007
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2012-09-05 03:19:01 UTC  |  Edited by: BOND 007
My training Queue

And I am back 4 million skill points later. While still about three weeks out from L5 maxing all of my Social skills from the previous Chapter "Quite the Socialite", yesterday I decided that this is enough sitting around in Jita 4-4 and twiddling my thumbs. I wanna fly. After all it's been almost 9 years since I've caught the cold scent of space. So in less than 24 hours I have trained up the very minimum requirements for a Drake;

Shield Upgrades L1
Energy Grid Upgrades L1
Battlecruisers L2
Caldari Cruiser L3
Spaceship Command L4
Afterburner L4 (Optional)

Purchased my Drake at Jita for 45m ISK and since being able to rig it is still 5 hours away, I'm about to knock out some of the only L1 and L2 missions I will ever do in my life, solo with no rigs. Here is my fit and the next Chapter;

===================================================

Chapter 3 : The Funcional Factional Drake (Solo L3 PVE)

So here it is as promised;

1 - Drake (45m ISK @ Jita)
7 - 'Undertaker' Heavy Missile Launchers (Storyline) (21m ISK each @ Jita)

1 - Afterburner II (Trained L4 - Optional) (1.3m ISK @ Jita)
1 - Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender (31m ISK @ Jita)
1 - 'Whiskey' Explosive Deflection Amplifier (36m ISK @ Jita)
1 - 'Cactus' Modified Kinetic Deflection Amplifier (28m ISK @ Jita)
1 - Caldari Navy Thermic Dissipation Amplifier (31m ISK @ Jita)
1 - 'Prospector" EM Ward Amplifier (34m ISK @ Jita)

2 - Alpha Reactor Shield Power Relay (18m ISK each @ Jita)
2 - Domination Ballistic Control System (46m ISK each @ Jita)

Other more affordable options are available. And now I will knock out the only
L1 and L2 Security missions ever in my life. Solo.

In the next 24 hours I will add a Salvager to high slot 8 and these rigs;
1 - Medium Bay Loading Accelerator I
2 - Medium Core Defense Field Purger

Stay tuned for the next Chapter ~ Chapter 4 - Good Head ~ The Drake Implant Set.

Cheers.

BOND 007
Click to watch me train and learn
BOND 007
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2012-09-08 02:07:09 UTC  |  Edited by: BOND 007
Thank you for all the "Likes".

Quick update. As my goal is to obtain 4 L4 Research agents, yesterday I began Security missions with my shiny new Drake to drive up my Standings up as quickly as possible. Here is what I have learned.

By training my Social skills up to L5 (Particularly Connections) before ever running a mission, here are the amount of missions I had to complete before opening up access to L3 Security agents. I picked Core Completion as they are of my race;

L1 Missions required - 0
L2 Missions required - 18
Storyline Missions required - 1

So in just two sessions I am now soloing L3 Security Missions to drive my Standings up as fast as possible. Took less than 5 hours of piloting to complete. I have never run an L1 mission in my life and will never run an L2 again. Of note, not one single mission was more than a single jump away.

The Drake fit described is doing just fine at Solo L3 Security.

Security Status Progress (I love charts!)

Will update on the "Drake Implant Set" soon.

BOND 007
BOND 007
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2012-09-20 02:44:58 UTC  |  Edited by: BOND 007
Chapter 4 - Good in the Head ~ The Drake Implant Set

Using this implant set I have managed to keep learning as fast as possible while enhancing my ability to solo L3 Security Missions in my not so perfect yet Drake. It took under 30 L3 Security missions, with Connections L5 to raise my standings to 5.03 with Core Complexion. This opens up my access to (4) L4 R&D agents in High Sec space. Stay tuned for the next Chapter, Passive ISK / Datacore Harvesting.

The Drake Implant Set;

Ocular Filter - Improved
Slot 1

Memory Augmentation - Improved
Slot 2

Neural Boost - Improved
Slot 3

Cybernetic Subprocessor - Improved
Slot 4

Social Adaption Ship - Improved
Slot 5

Eifyr and Co. 'Rogue' Warp Drive Speed WS-615
Slot 6 - 15% Warp Speed Bonus (140m ISK @ Jita)

Zainou 'Snapshot' Heavy Missiles HM-705
Slot 7 - 5% Damage Bonus

Zainou 'Deadeye' Guided Missile Precision GP-805
Slot 8 - -5% Explosion Radius Bonus

Zainou 'Deadeye' Target Navigation Prediction TN-905
Slot 9 - 5% Explosion Velocity Bonus

Zainou 'Deadeye' Rapid Launch RL-1005
Slot 10 - -5% Rate of Fire

5.2 Million SP and rising ~ My Training Queue

BOND 007
BOND 007
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2012-09-20 06:34:34 UTC
Chapter 5 ~ Passive ISK / Research / Datacore Harvesting

Now that Standings with Core Complexion (Minmatar, like me) are nearing 6.0, I'm gonna keep running L3 Security Missions to get that Standing above 8.0 for Jump Clones. In the meantime, I am going to establish (4) L4 R&D Agents. The area of Research I have selected will be Electronic Engineering. Those datacores current sell at Jita for almost 300,000 ISK each.

Skills now training and required are;

SCIENCE L5
ELECTRONICS L5
That will allow me to train;
ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING up to L5

In order to have (4) agents I will also train up;
RESEARCH L5
LABORATORY OPERATION L5
That will allow me to train;
RESEARCH PROJECT MANAGEMENT L3 that will allow for (4) L4 agents.

This will take about 5 weeks. If I had done this when born almost 9 years ago, I would have made over 25 Billion ISK by doing nothing more.

Stay tuned for Chapter 6 ~ Learning to Fly (Navigation perfection for my future).

BOND 007

Kult Altol
The Safe Space
#16 - 2012-10-02 19:01:01 UTC
hey great thread, highly confusing and egotistical, keep it up! =D

[u]Can't wait untill when Eve online is Freemium.[/u] WiS only 10$, SP booster for one month 15$, DPS Boost 2$, EHP Boost 2$ Real money trading hub! Cosmeitic ship skins 15$ --> If you don't [u]pay **[/u]for a product, you ARE the [u]**product[/u].

Nanatoa
#17 - 2012-10-02 21:55:57 UTC
BOND 007 wrote:
Now that Standings with Core Complexion (Minmatar, like me) are nearing 6.0, I'm gonna keep running L3 Security Missions to get that Standing above 8.0 for Jump Clones.

For a "10 Year Old" you made quite a noobish mistake there.

"Stay the course, we have done this many times before." - (CCP) Hilmar, June 2011

BOND 007
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2012-10-03 01:57:04 UTC
Kult Altol wrote:
hey great thread, highly confusing and egotistical, keep it up! =D

Should not be confusing, it's step by step in chapters where new players can see what skills are needed for certain goals.

Cheers.

BOND 007
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2012-10-03 02:03:39 UTC  |  Edited by: BOND 007
Nanatoa wrote:
BOND 007 wrote:
Now that Standings with Core Complexion (Minmatar, like me) are nearing 6.0, I'm gonna keep running L3 Security Missions to get that Standing above 8.0 for Jump Clones.

For a "10 Year Old" you made quite a noobish mistake there.

How so? Sure, I could join a jump clone corp but since I have not been in a Player owned Corp for 8 years I prefer to leave my employment history that way. I do have 8.2 standings with Core Complexion now with 4 jump clones, and 5.5 with CreoDron which will be 8.0+ in the next few days. When I add (3) L4 Research Agents with Core Complexion and (3) with CreoDron (the 6th in Low Sec so fun and risk ahead), these standings I have churned will effect my Research speed and datacore harvesting. Yes, I am very tired of L3 Security Missions, LOL!

Any advice appreciated, as this thread is intended to help new people learn how to train a character if anything I am forming might also be of interest to them.

BOND 007
Nanatoa
#20 - 2012-10-03 08:19:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Nanatoa
BOND 007 wrote:
Any advice appreciated

Core Complexion has no stations with medical facilities, so you can't get jump clones from them.

BOND 007 wrote:
I do have 8.2 standings with Core Complexion now with 4 jump clones

I briefly considered the possibility that I was wrong, but then I realised you only have Infomorph Psychology III, so you can't have 4 jump clones.

That great institution where people actually can learn something - EVE University - has a nice list of corporations with and without jump clone facilities.

(Pro Tip: check where CreoDron is on that list..)

"Stay the course, we have done this many times before." - (CCP) Hilmar, June 2011

123Next pageLast page