These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Goonswarm Federation: Sponsoring Emergent Gameplay!

First post
Author
The Mittani
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1 - 2012-05-29 18:08:06 UTC
I am delighted to announce that Goonswarm Federation will be increasing its support to the broader EVE community - to any player, not just those in our alliance, even those who are hostile to us - by continuing our sponsorship of the "Hulkageddon" player event indefinitely.

Hulkageddon V has been the most successful in history, partially because of our sponsorship subsidizing independent participants at even the most casual level. This has brought the community together as never before - and we're going to keep giving back to the community even though the official contest has ended!

We will continue running our automated killboard system, and - just as during the event - for every block of 10 exhumers you destroy, Goonswarm Federation will send you 100m isk. You don't even have to do anything to apply for the isk, it's entirely automated, allowing you to focus completely on ganking - our effort-free gift to those brave players who make EVE unique and interesting.

If you somehow missed Hulkageddon and would like to consider exhumer ganking as a profession, check out the 'Getting Started' tutorial here. Even casual ganking can rack up 10 kills in a day!

So here's to you, Hulkageddon participants! You keep making this wonderful game great, and we'll foot the bill - this one's on us!

~hi~

masternerdguy
Doomheim
#2 - 2012-05-29 18:10:43 UTC  |  Edited by: masternerdguy
Mittani has done it again.

Goons sure know how to make a game fun!

Things are only impossible until they are not.

No More Heroes
Sanctuary of Shadows
Snuffed Out
#3 - 2012-05-29 18:11:02 UTC
I support emergent gameplay.

.

Richter Enderas
Kaesong Kosmonauts
#4 - 2012-05-29 18:11:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Richter Enderas
NORKdot is selling mining barge protection.

Forward 150m ISK per character to Richter Enderas ingame with the reason "Hulkageddon Insurance" and the type of barge you're flying.

Don't worry, your AFK hulks are safe in our hands. Our juche space police will interdict the evil goonies before they strike.

EDIT: This also extends to orcas!
Scatim Helicon
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#5 - 2012-05-29 18:11:53 UTC
Goons, bringing emergent gameplay to all corners of Eve since 2005

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Gossamer DT
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-05-29 18:11:59 UTC
humm have to wonder why he has all this time to come up with these epic ideas!! <3 CEO

who is your main, and what does he do?

Josef Djugashvilis
#7 - 2012-05-29 18:12:54 UTC
I'll drink to that.

This is not a signature.

Contorted
Kriegsmarinewerft
Goonswarm Federation
#8 - 2012-05-29 18:13:16 UTC
The great goonswarm nation will live through the ages.. :>
Xavier Holtzman
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-05-29 18:14:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Xavier Holtzman
Vell, Zee Mittani's just zis guy, you know?


~10,058~

I do not like the men on this spaceship. They are uncouth and fail to appreciate my better qualities. I have something of value to contribute to this mission if only they would realize it. - Bill Frug

Hroya
#10 - 2012-05-29 18:14:31 UTC
haha, superb. i love it.

Keep up the good work and soon the days of battleship mining will return. It's awesome. Big smile

You go your corridor but.

Nyz
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2012-05-29 18:14:34 UTC
Hey Miners, look at the bright side! This means there'll be no Hulkageddon 6 for a while Twisted
TheBreadMuncher
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
#12 - 2012-05-29 18:15:06 UTC
MINERS WILL RISE UP AND RORQUALS WILL CLAIM VFK FOR THEIR OWN.

"We will create the introduction thread if that is requested by the community. Also, we will have an ISD Seminar about the CCL team in the coming weeks in which you can ask your questions about the CCL team and provide some constructive feedback to us." - Countless pages of locked threads and numerous permabanned accounts later, change is coming.

Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#13 - 2012-05-29 18:15:47 UTC
The Mittani wrote:
I am delighted to announce that Goonswarm Federation will be increasing its support to the broader EVE community - to any player, not just those in our alliance, even those who are hostile to us - by continuing our sponsorship of the "Hulkageddon" player event indefinitely.

Hulkageddon V has been the most successful in history, partially because of our sponsorship subsidizing independent participants at even the most casual level. This has brought the community together as never before - and we're going to keep giving back to the community even though the official contest has ended!

We will continue running our automated killboard system, and - just as during the event - for every block of 10 exhumers you destroy, Goonswarm Federation will send you 100m isk. You don't even have to do anything to apply for the isk, it's entirely automated, allowing you to focus completely on ganking - our effort-free gift to those brave players who make EVE unique and interesting.

If you somehow missed Hulkageddon and would like to consider exhumer ganking as a profession, check out the 'Getting Started' tutorial here. Even casual ganking can rack up 10 kills in a day!

So here's to you, Hulkageddon participants! You keep making this wonderful game great, and we'll foot the bill - this one's on us!



Surely if its effort free it should be nerfed like every other effort free activity in hi sec has been ?

Tal


Fireflyb1
Walden 2.0
#14 - 2012-05-29 18:17:14 UTC
Sweet propaganda, carry me home... I will happily spend my time not killing mining ships :)
TigerXtrm
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2012-05-29 18:17:42 UTC
Lol, good luck with that. Let us know when you run out of money Lol

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

Ban Bindy
Bindy Brothers Pottery Association
True Reign
#16 - 2012-05-29 18:18:15 UTC
Wow. Creepy worshipers and everything.
Uranium 242
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2012-05-29 18:18:24 UTC
Fireflyb1 wrote:
Sweet propaganda, carry me home... I will happily spend my time not killing mining ships :)


You don't know what you are missing. Try it sometime. You'll understand.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#18 - 2012-05-29 18:19:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
TigerXtrm wrote:
Lol, good luck with that. Let us know when you run out of money Lol
As a rough (and conservative) estimate, I'd say that for every 100M they have to pay out, they earn 600M.
EvilweaselSA
GoonCorp
Goonswarm Federation
#19 - 2012-05-29 18:19:52 UTC
TigerXtrm wrote:
Lol, good luck with that. Let us know when you run out of money Lol

many things might cause us to run out of money but this is not one of them
Enaris Kerle
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#20 - 2012-05-29 18:21:39 UTC
TigerXtrm wrote:
Lol, good luck with that. Let us know when you run out of money Lol

Luckily we're a part of OTEC.

Gallente born and raised, and tutored as a pleasure slave and courtesan to the exotic tastes of the Amarri court. Jade's career veered violently off course when a diplomatic envoy's transport was blown to pieces in mysterious circumstances and she was rescued from the escape pods by the enigmatic genetic mastermind Athule Snanm.

123Next pageLast page