These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Add a "split whole stack by" or "evenly split stack by x" option.

Author
Andy DelGardo
#1 - 2012-05-23 16:16:57 UTC
Add a option that will automatically split the whole stack by a given amount. This makes splitting resources between labs/arrays more easy.

So either let it split by a given number or automatically let it split by a given divisor.
Trollin
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-05-23 20:22:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Trollin
it would also make it deliciously easy to split stacks of millions in to millions of stacks, rendering cargo scanning useless

it is a tactic i would hope many freighter pilots already employ, much more effective to obfuscate your cargo than the quite obvious plastic wrap or GSC+plastic wrap

who is going to scroll thru thousands-millions of lines of cargo scanner result to add it up and decide to gankShocked

1- Megacyte
1- Carbon
1-tritanium
1-tritanium
1-tritanium
1-tritanium
1-tritanium
1-Cap booster 400
1-Cap booster 400
1-tritanium
1-tritanium
1-tritanium

ad infinitum

We are our own worst enemy.

Andy DelGardo
#3 - 2012-05-23 20:30:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Andy DelGardo
Than it seems the scanned result should be auto merged, also like u noted u can already prepare such a dummy cargo within a container once, which is just about 20mins of work splitting. On the other hand i cant count how many times i splinted stacks for normal usage.
Trollin
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-05-23 23:53:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Trollin
i agree with the idea, and i like my cargoscans sans autostacking, let them count it out if they want it that bad.

i spose it didnt seem like an agreement, but I do agree, and yes, i already do it as a matter of course. though not to singles, usually sort by qty in detailed view and just start hacking on the big stacks with some ctrl-v amount less than 100k, then start over and re cut less than 35k

We are our own worst enemy.