These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Shipping to NPC null-sec

Author
Karl Hobb
Imperial Margarine
#1 - 2012-05-15 02:36:21 UTC
Are there any corps that do small-scale shipping to NPC null-sec or should I just create a public contract and hope for the best? We're talking @ 5K m3; I don't need Black Frog.

If there aren't any specialized corps, can anybody give me an idea of what a fair price would be per jump? I've seen some contracts starting at 1mil for five jumps (four through null and low), but that just doesn't seem like a lot of incentive.

Thanks.

A professional astro-bastard was not available so they sent me.

Katalci
Catgirl Courtesan Club
#2 - 2012-05-15 02:38:51 UTC
Black Frog Freight will do it for you if your corp/alliance won't (they should...), for about 90M per jump the last time I checked.
Karl Hobb
Imperial Margarine
#3 - 2012-05-15 02:42:41 UTC
Katalci wrote:
Black Frog Freight will do it for you if your corp/alliance won't (they should...), for about 90M per jump the last time I checked.
Karl Hobb wrote:
We're talking @ 5K m3; I don't need Black Frog.

A professional astro-bastard was not available so they sent me.

GreenSeed
#4 - 2012-05-15 03:55:08 UTC  |  Edited by: GreenSeed
look for the Exploration channels, they often move suff for themselves in and out of low/null and 5k can fit on a rigged transport + one expander.

you can get them to move it when they make their trip back from jita after selling their shinnies.

they will ofc charge you, but nowere near as much as Blackfrog will, after all they will do the trip anyway.



other option would be to look for a system with miners on and get it to fly on one of their JFs, that is if they dont all log off the moment you show on local :p

if you do "make the contract and hope for the best" theres a 90% chance who picks it will be a Explorer making a trip back, and 10% its someone who missclicked. that is, if it gets picked at all... since most ppl expect those contracts to be traps leading to heavily gatecamped systems, theres something about ppl on eve... they all expect the worst on others. :p
Karl Hobb
Imperial Margarine
#5 - 2012-05-15 04:19:25 UTC
GreenSeed wrote:
if you do "make the contract and hope for the best" theres a 90% chance who picks it will be a Explorer making a trip back, and 10% its someone who missclicked. that is, if it gets picked at all... since most ppl expect those contracts to be traps leading to heavily gatecamped systems, theres something about ppl on eve... they all expect the worst on others. :p

That's one of the reasons I was hesitant to just make a public contract. I'll check into any exploration chat channels, thanks for the tip!

A professional astro-bastard was not available so they sent me.

Kriegman
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-05-15 04:57:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Kriegman
For low volume up to 10K m3, I would just use a carrier. Best bang for a buck in terms of jump range and fuel.
Jay Wareth
Black Sun Investments
#7 - 2012-05-15 07:43:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Jay Wareth
GreenSeed wrote:
if it gets picked at all... since most ppl expect those contracts to be traps leading to heavily gatecamped systems, theres something about ppl on eve... they all expect the worst on others. :p


Then again, there's people like me who occasionally run obvious trap contracts to NPC null just for kicks. Haven't lost a ship yet either, surprisingly enough.
Iosue
Black Sky Hipsters
#8 - 2012-05-15 14:05:27 UTC
sounds like a job for a blockade runner and a scout. shouldn't be that difficult.
Karl Hobb
Imperial Margarine
#9 - 2012-05-15 16:02:54 UTC
Probably just try a public contract and see what happens, if that fails there's always chat channels I guess. I sold my hauling alt and shut down my second account, hence this thread.

A professional astro-bastard was not available so they sent me.

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#10 - 2012-05-15 22:00:18 UTC
Buy enough mods, ships, and ammo to fill up a JF, then have Black Frog jump it down so you can seed the market with it.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon