These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Players of high sec - CCP is trolling you and laughing while doing it. A proposition.

Author
Saia Tae Arragosa
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-05-06 07:59:50 UTC
How ironic is it that CCP talks about risk-vs-reward yet allows players to skill up throw away alts, that can easily get into one of the cheapest ships in the game, where upon they can fly in high sec and blow up a ship 300 times the value of the ship they are flying?

Price a catalyst.
Price a hulk.

People in low and null sec scream that there is a huge imbalance in regions and that high sec players don't take the kind of risk people in low sec and null sec take.

Bulldung...complete and utter bulldung.

People in high sec are at just as much risk, if not more, than people in null sec and low sec. There is zero risk involved when a player can easily skill up an alt to fly a destroyer that only cost around 2 mil to buy and arm it. So tell me people of null and low sec with your camped gates and well protected play areas - how is where you play any different than the people that play in high sec?

Anyone that has played the snooze fest that is 0.0 knows that this risk - vs - reward is total BS. If anything the average pilots that do fly hulks and orcas in high sec take bigger risk than anyone playing in null sec. Especially when a person can so easily get into a cheap ship and blow the crap out of them any time they please.

CCP allows this - calls it game play when in actuality it is them laughing at you for thinking you are safe. People in high sec are the least safe people playing EVE. Yes it is griefing...it is griefing because it is so easily done. CCP doesn't care. The people that use the tactic do not care.

They are trolling you and all you do is - go get another tube of lube and say - "please sir...may I have some more."

If you want this to stop it is up to us high sec players to unite. Demand justice! Demand that this form of griefing be stopped. Unite under one flag and declare war on CCP. Stop being a victim. Start being assertive! Demand your rights as a player that CCP fix this unabashed exploit and bring some sense of fair game play to an area of space that is suppose to be the lesser of three evils. As it is now that is not the case - high sec is the most dangerous place for players to play EVE.

So...it's up to you. You the pilots, traders, industrialist, miners and salvagers of high sec to take a stand if you wish to see high sec become less of the killing grounds that they are. Bring balance back to this region of space by petitioning CCP to stop trolling you and to provide the game of EVE that is fair to all who play it and not just a chosen few.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2012-05-06 08:02:54 UTC
Catalysts blow up Hulks because they're AFK and aren't taking the proper precautions to avoid getting blown up. End of story.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2012-05-06 08:05:15 UTC
Oh and while you toss that whole "hurrr 300 mil ship dying to a much cheaper one" you should probably stay out of nullsec where expensive ships die to much, much cheaper ones all the time

see ratting tengus dying to solo hurricanes

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

malaire
#4 - 2012-05-06 08:05:26 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
So...it's up to you. You the pilots, traders, industrialist, miners and salvagers of high sec to take a stand if you wish to see high sec become less of the killing grounds that they are.

I am highsec trader and I do not care how dangerous it is to fly here. I do not fly here, I just use courier contracts to outsource the risk of getting ganked.

So for me there is nothing which needs to be fixed. Big smile

New to EVE? Don't forget to read: The Manual * The Wiki * The Career Options * and everything else

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2012-05-06 08:12:11 UTC
only certain highsec miners feel entitled to afk fly in failfitted ships.
Ludi Burek
The Player Haters Corp
#6 - 2012-05-06 08:13:15 UTC
Null sec risk, is risk taken on willingly. High sec "risk" is taken on unknowingly by choosing to be totally oblivious to the world you live in.
Vince Snetterton
#7 - 2012-05-06 08:13:23 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
How ironic is it that CCP talks about risk-vs-reward yet allows players to skill up throw away alts, that can easily get into one of the cheapest ships in the game, where upon they can fly in high sec and blow up a ship 300 times the value of the ship they are flying?

Price a catalyst.
Price a hulk.

People in low and null sec scream that there is a huge imbalance in regions and that high sec players don't take the kind of risk people in low sec and null sec take.

People in high sec are at just as much risk, if not more, than people in null sec and low sec. There is zero risk involved when a player can easily skill up an alt to fly a destroyer that only cost around 2 mil to buy and arm it. So tell me people of null and low sec with your camped gates and well protected play areas - how is where you play any different than the people that play in high sec?

Anyone that has played the snooze fest that is 0.0 knows that this risk - vs - reward is total BS. If anything the average pilots that do fly hulks and orcas in high sec take bigger risk than anyone playing in null sec. Especially when a person can so easily get into a cheap ship and blow the crap out of them any time they please.

CCP allows this - calls it game play when in actuality it is them laughing at you for thinking you are safe. People in high sec are the least safe people playing EVE. Yes it is griefing...it is griefing because it is so easily done. CCP doesn't care. The people that use the tactic do not care.

They are trolling you and all you do is - go get another tube of lube and say - "please sir...may I have some more."

If you want this to stop it is up to us high sec players to unite. Demand justice! Demand that this form of griefing be stopped. Unite under one flag and declare war on CCP. Stop being a victim. Start being assertive! Demand your rights as a player that CCP fix this unabashed exploit and bring some sense of fair game play to an area of space that is suppose to be the lesser of three evils. As it is now that is not the case - high sec is the most dangerous place for players to play EVE.

So...it's up to you. You the pilots, traders, industrialist, miners and salvagers of high sec to take a stand if you wish to see high sec become less of the killing grounds that they are. Bring balance back to this region of space by petitioning CCP to stop trolling you and to provide the game of EVE that is fair to all who play it and not just a chosen few.

I have started several posts discussing this. I got an ingame email from someone who wants to start a blog.
The only hope high players have left is as you say unite under a banner, then organize for next year's CSM to put at least 4 members in the top seven to form a bloc to counter the null sec zealots.

Quite frankly, it won't happen/. High sec players are typically far more casual about their gameplay and unlikely to coalesce about a group of people. High sec players are not worse player than the null sec zealots, just different, and likely with less time for the game. That means they equally won't have time to engage in the political process.

What is more likely is CCP will start adding up the subs and start seeing a dropoff by fall, as the 6 month/12 months subs clear out. Then and only then will CCP mgmt step in and start doing what is necessary, starting with the firing of ex-goon (or maybe not ex-goon?) CCP Soundwave, among others. But I doubt this may even happen.

The ultimate question is the null sec zealot faction within CCP so entrenched, so influential, so powerful, that even a drop in subs will not change the direction of the game.
Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#8 - 2012-05-06 08:17:16 UTC
Andski wrote:
Oh and while you toss that whole "hurrr 300 mil ship dying to a much cheaper one" you should probably stay out of nullsec where expensive ships die to much, much cheaper ones all the time

Aww, not the Titans dying to Hurricanes?

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Ayame Tao
#9 - 2012-05-06 08:17:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Ayame Tao
If a Catalyst can kill your Hulk - you deserve everything you get.

It should take a gang of 5 Catalysts or a couple of Tornados to take down a Hulk - oh wait... it does (when you do it right - avoid popular belts, fit tank, align, watch d-scan. End. Of. Story.)

I've mined all through ganks, events, hulkageddon etc with not a single loss. It pees me off that so many whiners give miners such a bad rep that James315's epic discourse becomes more and more true :(

*edit* I spells gud

and another thing... I'm not pro-null power bloc (they need reigning in too) nor am I anti-hisec, I just despise the incessant whining on topics that have been flogged to death and clearly demonstrated that CCP give less f*cks than the amount of tank the failfitters put on their 300 mill ship they leave unattended. Seriously, that's like leaving your Bugatti Veyron unlocked with the keys in in the dodgiest parts of town and expecting it to still be there after you left it fo half an hour to make a sandwich and watch TV.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#10 - 2012-05-06 08:20:13 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Andski wrote:

Aww, not the Titans dying to Hurricanes?

we've used supers on basically every titan kill we've had since dominion

we're way too bad to do it with subcaps

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2012-05-06 08:21:08 UTC
Vince Snetterton wrote:
I have started several posts discussing this. I got an ingame email from someone who wants to start a blog.
The only hope high players have left is as you say unite under a banner, then organize for next year's CSM to put at least 4 members in the top seven to form a bloc to counter the null sec zealots.

The idiot npc forum alt demagogues that preceded you tried this already.
Sisohiv
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2012-05-06 08:21:26 UTC
Ludi Burek wrote:
Null sec risk, is risk taken on willingly. High sec "risk" is taken on unknowingly by choosing to be totally oblivious to the world you live in.

There in is the joke.

I don't live in EVE.
It's a game.

Hulk was sold a month ago,
Mackinaw Sold 2 months ago
Providence sold last week.

All at 200% or more than what I paid for them.

I mined for something to do, not because I needed to do it. If other people are that horny to do it, go for it.
Joran Dravius
Doomheim
#13 - 2012-05-06 08:24:11 UTC
Andski wrote:
Catalysts blow up Hulks because they're AFK and aren't taking the proper precautions to avoid getting blown up. End of story.

This.
Saia Tae Arragosa
Doomheim
#14 - 2012-05-06 08:28:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Saia Tae Arragosa
This has to do with fair and balanced play. Right now it is so lopsided in regards to how easily a player can train up an alt and use it to do one thing - grief - end of story. Most of the griefing takes place in high sec against new players who have not had the chance to skill up to a level that allows them to put up safe guards against such un-even odds and absolute un-balanced circumstances.

People in low and null sec scream all the time that the risk vs reward for them is not in-line with the players of high sec. I call BS on that because we all know the truth. The truth is that a player can easily train an alt, buy a cheap throw away ship and grief whom ever they please at no risk to them. End of story.
Josef Djugashvilis
#15 - 2012-05-06 08:36:33 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:

Price a catalyst.
Price a hulk.

Above sounds like a fool 0.0 player trying to make hi-sec players look stupid.

This is not a signature.

Rikanin
The Azerick Corporation
#16 - 2012-05-06 08:42:24 UTC
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
Vince Snetterton wrote:

The idiot npc forum alt demagogues that preceded you tried this already.

Do you get money every time you whine about someone posting with an NPC corp alt? I swear you must because it's all you ever ******* do

malcovas Henderson
THoF
#17 - 2012-05-06 08:42:46 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:

Price a catalyst.
Price a hulk.

You do realise the value of the ship is irrevalent. The Hulk could cost any where from 0 - infinate amounts of isk. It will still blow up as easily, if not looked after properly.

o7
Saia Tae Arragosa
Doomheim
#18 - 2012-05-06 08:46:44 UTC
malcovas Henderson wrote:
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:

Price a catalyst.
Price a hulk.

You do realise the value of the ship is irrevalent. The Hulk could cost any where from 0 - infinate amounts of isk. It will still blow up as easily, if not looked after properly.

o7

Value of the ship is not irrelevant - not to a new miner or a freighter pilot - especially when you consider the amount of effort a new player probably put into obtaining enough ISK to get into it in the first place.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#19 - 2012-05-06 08:47:41 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
This has to do with fair and balanced play. Right now it is so lopsided in regards to how easily a player can train up an alt and use it to do one thing - grief - end of story. Most of the griefing takes place in high sec against new players who have not had the chance to skill up to a level that allows them to put up safe guards against such un-even odds and absolute un-balanced circumstances.

People in low and null sec scream all the time that the risk vs reward for them is not in-line with the players of high sec. I call BS on that because we all know the truth. The truth is that a player can easily train an alt, buy a cheap throw away ship and grief whom ever they please at no risk to them. End of story.

yeah you have a point

those poor new players in their hulks

Saia Tae Arragosa
Doomheim
#20 - 2012-05-06 08:54:20 UTC
Andski wrote:
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:

yeah you have a point

those poor new players in their hulks

Is it not better to create an atmosphere that is conducive to getting more people to play and "stay", rather than be a total ass and make the game a place people toss up their hands in frustration and walk away? Only an idiot would not want to see more people playing. Only an idiot would condone un-balanced game play. Only an idiot would want to drive players away because CCP needs less money for the further development of EVE.
123Next pageLast page