These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Vindicator for incursions.

Author
Tyquescel
Ars ex Discordia
#1 - 2012-03-25 19:51:32 UTC
Hello, I've been away from incursions for ages and am interested in getting back to them. Back when I used to run them, I used a Tengu, but obviously times have changed, fittings have evolved and people have realised that missiles aren't that good for incursions. Since I don't know how to shoot projectiles at all, the Machariel is immediately out as a choice.

While a Nightmare with faction lasers could be one option, I figured a Vindicator with T2 Blasters would be a better choice, not 100% sure though. I took this fit from Hazri's fitting guide and changed magstabs for faction ones. What I'd like to know is what ammo to use for different VG sites. Also, I'd like to know how if it's possible to "safely" pimp the tank high enough, that I could lose one medslot from tank and add a second web. By safe I mean that I'd still have enough tank to not DIAF in VGs and that my ship wouldn't be expensive enough to warrant suicide ganking while moving from one incursion to the next (No autopilot, just normal warp to 0 and jump).

If that's an unattainable goal, I'd like to know if it's better to keep the SeBo or switch it out for a second web. Or if in reality it would actually be better to use a Nightmare with Faction guns.

[Vindicator, incursion]
Damage Control II
Federation Navy Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
EM Ward Field II
Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier

Neutron Blaster Cannon II, Void L

Large Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II
Large Core Defense Field Extender I
Large Core Defense Field Extender I
Kattshiro
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-03-25 20:25:48 UTC
Under the impression rails are more useful. Especially if you dont have a prop mod.
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#3 - 2012-03-25 20:58:14 UTC  |  Edited by: FT Diomedes
It's been a long time since I ran Incursions in my Vindicator, but that looks a lot like the fit I used. Highs and lows were the same. For the mids, I had 2x CN Invulns, LSE II, Fed Navy Web and Sensor Booster. For rigs I had an EM and 2 Extenders. Never had any worries as long as the logistics pilots were decent.

I carried a prop mod with me in cargo for those few times it was needed.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I liked using the Vindicator more than I liked using the Nightmare. Both are great ships.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Tyquescel
Ars ex Discordia
#4 - 2012-03-25 21:14:47 UTC
FT Diomedes wrote:
It's been a long time since I ran Incursions in my Vindicator, but that looks a lot like the fit I used. Highs and lows were the same. For the mids, I had 2x CN Invulns, LSE II, Fed Navy Web and Sensor Booster. For rigs I had an EM and 2 Extenders. Never had any worries as long as the logistics pilots were decent.

I carried a prop mod with me in cargo for those few times it was needed.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I liked using the Vindicator more than I liked using the Nightmare. Both are great ships.

Good to know that I'm on the right track. But what about ammo types to use in different sites, do you have any suggestions about that?
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#5 - 2012-03-25 21:15:54 UTC
I carried Navy Antimatter and Null. It seemed like 90% of the time I used Null.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Cedo Nulli
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2012-03-25 21:29:09 UTC
Kattshiro wrote:
Under the impression rails are more useful. Especially if you dont have a prop mod.

Not sure if a troll or just terribly mixed up lvl 4's and incursions.
RougeOperator
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2012-03-25 21:41:01 UTC  |  Edited by: RougeOperator
Kattshiro wrote:

Rails for mission running. Not incursions.

Edit: The FC will let you know if you need something other then blasters.

Bring lots of null.

**Space wizards are real, they can make 10058 votes vanish. "and for a moment i hurd 10k goons cry out, then silence" **