These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

invention question.

Author
Suni Khan
#1 - 2012-03-24 13:02:25 UTC
So I just did my first run on invention. Had 9 BPC's and 4 succes wich is rather good in my eyes.

No my question is. why are they 1 run? I made 30 run frigate BPC's to invent some AF BPC's.
And if what I read was true then I should be getting 3 run BPC's...

I did not use any decryptors as that would have killed my profit.
Samuel Tuffstein
A Dead Mans Tale
#2 - 2012-03-24 13:27:30 UTC
You will always only get one run on T2 Ship BPCs, 10 runs on T2 Equipment and 100 runs on T2 Ammo BPCs (not sure about ammo as i have never done it) unless you use a decryptor.

When using a Decryptor altering the amount of runs on the Tech 2 BPC make sure that you are using max run T1 BPCs as you will only get the full Decryptor bonuses with max run BPCs. (This of course doesnt apply to Decryptors that don't give extra runs)
Suni Khan
#3 - 2012-03-24 13:40:55 UTC
Ah. I must have misunderstood the guides then :).

I will stick to 1 run copies then.
Thanks for the explanation.
Breaker77
Reclamation Industries
#4 - 2012-03-24 14:12:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Breaker77
Samuel Tuffstein wrote:
You will always only get one run on T2 Ship BPCs, 10 runs on T2 Equipment and 100 runs on T2 Ammo BPCs (not sure about ammo as i have never done it) unless you use a decryptor.

Not quite true.

Ships and rigs will always give 1 run unless decryptors are used. If using decryptors then use max run BPCs.
Most modules and drones will give a varying number (1-10) depending on the number of runs on the T1 BPC used based on the following formula

Invention Output Runs = MIN(MAX(ROUND_DOWN( (Input_T1_BPC_Runs / T1_Max_Runs_Per_Blueprint_Copy) * (T2_Max_Runs_Per_Blueprint_Copy / 10) + Decryptor_Runs_Bonus), 1), T2_Max_Runs_Per_Blueprint_Copy)

That formula also works for ships and rigs due to "T2_Max_Runs_Per_Blueprint_Copy" which is 10 for ships and rigs. However once you divide 10 by 10, you are left with 1 which is the result you get on a ship or rig invention without using decryptors.

Quote:
When using a Decryptor altering the amount of runs on the Tech 2 BPC make sure that you are using max run T1 BPCs as you will only get the full Decryptor bonuses with max run BPCs. (This of course doesnt apply to Decryptors that don't give extra runs)

This is correct.

A basic T1 BPC reference

No decryptors
Modules - max run
Ammo - max run
Drones - max run
Ships - 1 run
Rigs - 1 run

Using decryptors
Use max run for any invention job.
Samuel Tuffstein
A Dead Mans Tale
#5 - 2012-03-24 14:53:54 UTC
Breaker77 wrote:
Samuel Tuffstein wrote:

Not quite true.

Ships and rigs will always give 1 run unless decryptors are used. If using decryptors then use max run BPCs.
Most modules and drones will give a varying number (1-10) depending on the number of runs on the T1 BPC used based on the following formula

Invention Output Runs = MIN(MAX(ROUND_DOWN( (Input_T1_BPC_Runs / T1_Max_Runs_Per_Blueprint_Copy) * (T2_Max_Runs_Per_Blueprint_Copy / 10) + Decryptor_Runs_Bonus), 1), T2_Max_Runs_Per_Blueprint_Copy)

Oops

Ugh yeah this is correct, am just too used to using max run Equipment BPCs, that i forgot that you can actualy copy Equipment BPCs with less than max runs.Lol
Suni Khan
#6 - 2012-03-24 14:57:48 UTC
Thank you guys :D. helping me a lot!

Got another question I may aswel ask in this thread aswell

I got 10 copie slots on my tower. bu except for 1 they are all taken for 3 days and 7 hours. All my blueprints are not in use and if I do want to make a job it goes into pending.

The other jobs can not find back either when I search for jobs except for the one I got pending now. I have a feeling that for some reason someone else is making jobs. It can not be anyone in the corp as it is only me and my alts.
Suni Khan
#7 - 2012-03-24 15:01:45 UTC
if I see them in science and industry the slots show up as public. hows that possible? I have a feeling someone is using my POS...
Suni Khan
#8 - 2012-03-24 15:19:22 UTC
I cleared the slots out by unanchoring the structures. but would love to know what could have caused that...
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#9 - 2012-03-24 16:20:15 UTC
Do you have your POS's force field up? If that's up, then there's no way for anyone else to use your POS that's not in your corp (if it's not up, then you're being stupid, but I'm not positive if that would let anyone use it because I've never heard of anyone doing that in the first place).
Suni Khan
#10 - 2012-03-24 18:18:27 UTC
POS shield is up. and it is not accasible for anyone. also I am tghe only person in the corp so cant be that either.
Samuel Tuffstein
A Dead Mans Tale
#11 - 2012-03-24 19:08:32 UTC
Well its not possible to make POS slots public at the moment,
however if i remember correctly you can set Laboratories to be used from Alliance members aswell,
so unless your in an Alt-Alliance aswell my guess would be that one of your Alliancemates installed the jobs on your POS.
(just wait till he's raging about what happened to his jobsBig smile)
Suni Khan
#12 - 2012-03-24 20:19:23 UTC
not an alt alliance. could be tha it's an alliance member. although chances are slim. None in the alliance knows were my POS is located. And it is far from were the alliance is operating ;P.

either way slots are mine again and I'll see what happens now :P.

did take me long to unanchor and reanchor them so I am not to bothered.
Breaker77
Reclamation Industries
#13 - 2012-03-25 02:31:13 UTC
Suni Khan wrote:
not an alt alliance. could be tha it's an alliance member. although chances are slim. None in the alliance knows were my POS is located. And it is far from were the alliance is operating ;P.

All it takes is one someone to fly into a region and have the installation tab of the S&I window open with the filters set to look for alliance slots. Jita and Dodixie are 2 systems that are within 1 or 2 jumps of several other regions. A person could scan 7 or 8 regions in just a couple of minutes.

Of course the labs have to be configured from the control tower to be used by alliance members.
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#14 - 2012-03-25 04:28:23 UTC
If you'd installed, then canceled a job, the slot continues to be used up, until the time it would have finished

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Suni Khan
#15 - 2012-03-25 11:40:34 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
If you'd installed, then canceled a job, the slot continues to be used up, until the time it would have finished

this it is then!