These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page
 

What security status do you live in?

First post
Author
VKhaun Vex
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2012-03-22 14:55:28 UTC
.9 or .8

Charges Twilight fans with Ka-bar -Surfin's PlunderBunny LIIIIIIIIIIINNEEEEE PIIIEEEECCCCEEE!!!!!!! -Taedrin Using relativity to irrational numbers is smart -rodyas I no longer believe we landed on the moon. -Atticus Fynch

God's Apples
Wilderness
lllllllllllllllll
#22 - 2012-03-23 00:03:55 UTC
NYC - Depending where you are it can be a .8 all the way to null sec in the Bronx and some places in Brooklyn.

"Hydra Reloaded are just jealous / butthurt on me / us because we can get tons of PVP action in empire while they aren't good enough to get that." - NightmareX

Miriena
POS Party
Ember Sands
#23 - 2012-03-23 21:06:16 UTC
I think Seattle is something between 0.6 and 0.9 with the occasional low sec system here and there (largely dependent on the time of the day and somewhat on the day of the week...)

The area where I live is something like a low-population 0.6, close to the kind of low sec where there's not too much gankage going on, but shady types are always present in local Smile I used to live in a neighborhood that was like a popular mission runner system: high sec apparently, but quite possibly less safe than much of low sec because of that sense of security combined with the high population that leads to people flashing expensive stuff and generally being IRL carebears and careless dumbasses because ninja looters/salvagers and suicide gankers there are always looking for a target of opportunity (U-District, lulz)
Ardent Rage
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2012-03-23 21:45:41 UTC
Republic of South Africa, lowsec allround with lots of pirates who want your stuff Shocked
Jhagiti Tyran
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#25 - 2012-03-23 21:53:45 UTC
Birmingham is defiantly a 0.5, the police will show but usually after its all over.
Something Random
Strategic Exploration and Development Corp
Silent Company
#26 - 2012-03-23 22:37:35 UTC
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
Birmingham is defiantly a 0.5, the police will show but usually after its all over.


You gotta be kiddin, Birmingham is a bona fide 0.1 where ambulances orbit the gates.

Personally im in a 0.9 - not totally safe but its a rare thing to read anymore than the odd drug bust.

"caught on fire a little bit, just a little."

"Delinquents, check, weirdos, check, hippies, check, pillheads, check, freaks, check, potheads, check .....gangs all here!"

I love Science, it gives me a Hadron.

Jett0
The Two and Only
#27 - 2012-03-24 02:34:48 UTC
Location changes often, but hometown is Yukon, Oklahoma.

Sec status is 1.2, because sometimes CONCORD ganks you for no reason.

Occasionally plays sober

OfBalance
Caldari State
#28 - 2012-03-24 06:54:30 UTC
Atlanta has a wide range of sec status locations, but I would say here on the north side it's 0.5 or so. Haven't had a problem with crime in quite some time, although the neighborhood is a little seedy at best. Triple deadbolt, large noisy dog, and shotgun just to be sure. I used to live in deep nullsec aka. Baltimore, old habits and all that...
ChYph3r
Wildly Inappropriate
Goonswarm Federation
#29 - 2012-03-24 12:47:02 UTC
Utemetsu wrote:
Last year, myself and a bunch of the Michigan EVE players met up at an applebees up in flint. We joked about the security status of the region (flint proper is definately a 0.0 city!); so let's extend that here!

I'm between Ann Arbor (0.8) and Detroit (Nullsec). How aboot the rest of you?



As live in Detroit, I think im the 0.0 resident, my Glock is locked and loaded right next to me.

Want to find all the podcasts around EVE Online visit http://evepodcasts.com @chyph3r  on Twitter

Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2012-03-24 20:16:28 UTC
i live in baltimore maryland, it has some of the highest crime rates in the US, so -1.0
Jhagiti Tyran
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#31 - 2012-03-24 22:40:22 UTC
Something Random wrote:
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
Birmingham is defiantly a 0.5, the police will show but usually after its all over.


You gotta be kiddin, Birmingham is a bona fide 0.1 where ambulances orbit the gates.


Brum aint that bad, if you apply the EVE context of sec status its definitely 0.5, maybe 0.4 at worst. 0.0 means no laws except for those you bring yourself, The more violent parts of south and central America or the Congo and Sudan in Africa would be nullsec.

Low sec is where there are laws but unless you commit a crime in front the police (sentry guns) or in a crowded city centre (outside stations) and at places like train stations (gates) it is unlikely the police would be able to stop you from committing the crime. Getting caught means getting punished and if you commit enough crimes you have to avoid the police so no high sec for you. Infamous places in the US like Detroit would be low sec.

When it comes to high sec you have a lot of police around and in more secure areas the police actually prevent crime instead of just catching and punishing the criminals, the Vatican for example would be 1.0. There is hardly any crime there, other cities where there's more crime would be say 0.7.

Brums a 0.5 because crime is fairly high and the police are not very good at deterring it either, so they are pretty much always trying to catch and punish the criminals. If someone ganks you the police couldn't stop it but the chances of them catching the ganker are high. Kinda like suicide ganking in 0.5, your gonna lose your stuff because Concord cant protect you but they will punish the person that killed you.

Thgil Goldcore
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2012-03-25 01:39:46 UTC
Seattle - 0.7 (least the area I live in)
Kerono Thalmor
Band of Buggered
Band of Buggered Alliance
#33 - 2012-03-25 02:28:06 UTC
Live in Atlantic County, NJ, so that's the low end of hisec (like around 0.6), but the cops don't patrol my neighborhood, so I'd say I live in 0.4, next to a gate.

█░█░███░███░█░█

███░░█░░██░░█░█

█░█░░█░░█░░░███

Adonis Ouranos
Doomheim
#34 - 2012-03-25 10:50:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Adonis Ouranos
Live in Newbury, south east England and I reckon its a 0.5 during the day.... police are mostly a deterant and will arrive late to the party if at all but are never around usually to stop anything

I live next to a horrible estate though and its definitely 0.1 or something in there, you go in there alone and you wont come out without getting mugged, beaten or threatened
Utemetsu
#35 - 2012-03-26 13:58:31 UTC
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
Something Random wrote:
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
Birmingham is defiantly a 0.5, the police will show but usually after its all over.


You gotta be kiddin, Birmingham is a bona fide 0.1 where ambulances orbit the gates.


Brum aint that bad, if you apply the EVE context of sec status its definitely 0.5, maybe 0.4 at worst. 0.0 means no laws except for those you bring yourself, The more violent parts of south and central America or the Congo and Sudan in Africa would be nullsec.

Low sec is where there are laws but unless you commit a crime in front the police (sentry guns) or in a crowded city centre (outside stations) and at places like train stations (gates) it is unlikely the police would be able to stop you from committing the crime. Getting caught means getting punished and if you commit enough crimes you have to avoid the police so no high sec for you. Infamous places in the US like Detroit would be low sec.

When it comes to high sec you have a lot of police around and in more secure areas the police actually prevent crime instead of just catching and punishing the criminals, the Vatican for example would be 1.0. There is hardly any crime there, other cities where there's more crime would be say 0.7.

Brums a 0.5 because crime is fairly high and the police are not very good at deterring it either, so they are pretty much always trying to catch and punish the criminals. If someone ganks you the police couldn't stop it but the chances of them catching the ganker are high. Kinda like suicide ganking in 0.5, your gonna lose your stuff because Concord cant protect you but they will punish the person that killed you.



I dunno man, you've got a better chance of getting shot in Detroit than you did in Iraq while the US was occupying it. I'd say nullsec, definitely. Mostly because the city has no monies.
Yoma Karima
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#36 - 2012-03-26 17:23:21 UTC
1.0 red neck suburb. not only do the cops show up all the locals are paching as well

Those who wish to end War wish to end what it means to be human. Those who advocate War do not know its power. Yet Those who learn from War will be remembered for all time.

Stormtemplar Andven
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2012-03-27 00:00:38 UTC
I live in a .7 suburb in the USA, but nearby varies from .7 to .3
Thermoss Devlin
Care for Kids
#38 - 2012-03-27 01:05:31 UTC
Northern Sweden in the mountains. I'd say it is 0.3-0.2 due to very low pressence of law enforcement.
Starspejd1
Avitus Lugus
#39 - 2012-03-27 13:24:13 UTC
I'm from Denmark, and I'd say the area my apartment is in is probably 0.8. My work area is in the capitol, so it drops to 0.5-0.4. My home town is probably around 0.8 as well.
Telegram Sam
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#40 - 2012-03-27 13:52:07 UTC
Jett0 wrote:
Location changes often, but hometown is Yukon, Oklahoma.

Sec status is 1.2, because sometimes CONCORD ganks you for no reason.

Ha! Denton, Texas is like that. CONCORD is everywhere, and they also use stealth ships. [Bicycle cops in black. They stalk drunk kids walking home from bars and try to catch them taking a leak in the bushes. Public Intoxication-- you're going to jail son].
Previous page123Next page