These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

All hail our Sony overlords!!!

Author
Kai Tel
State War Academy
Caldari State
#21 - 2012-03-24 19:52:15 UTC
Do you think SOE will move future fanfests to another country once the aquisition of CCP is completed at the end of summer?
Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2012-03-24 19:59:25 UTC
Xython wrote:
Was the rumor that they couldn't go with XBox because Microsoft wouldn't allow RMT transactions outside of using Microsoft points ever substantiated?

I actually prefer Sony's system (never been a fan of the morons on XBox live... imagine if you could HEAR the idiot pubbies in Jita local... christ) than Microsoft's, but I can see why people would be concerned.

the kids on psn are much worse then xbox., besides muting on xbox is easy, or you can sit in party chat and hear no one, or just your friends.
Nimbat
Livets Ord.
#23 - 2012-03-24 20:05:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Nimbat
Kai Tel wrote:
Do you think SOE will move future fanfests to another country once the aquisition of CCP is completed at the end of summer?

There won't be any "fan"fests if that happens. More likely a collection of angry neckbeards with sharp hidden objects.
Nah. I have hopes for the future. I want to believe.
Jett0
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2012-03-24 20:14:40 UTC
If Microsoft wanted their chance for a hostile takeover, they should have lightened their XBL dev restrictions.

Occasionally plays sober

Mathias Hex
#25 - 2012-03-24 22:42:29 UTC
SOE arent they the ones who buy out companys and suck the lifeblood out of em? or is that EA i forget.

I recall one night in a nightclub called the matrix, there I was... Mother of god there I am! Holy f**k.

Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#26 - 2012-03-24 23:17:15 UTC
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Sony taking over CCP would be very, very bad news.

Same feeling here.

As long as Dust stays CCP property, I think there's not much Sony can do than wine on contract terms, you know, the kind of stuff those jerks of attorneys like to fap on.

Thing is that I don't see that much first person shooter staying only on console because this is why it could stagnate quite fast, but I'm not a console player at all.
All I know is those PC shooter titles, for some of them are just monsters of gaming industry, nad that Dust could probably beat or get to the same rank if they'd be on PC rather than console.
It's a strategic choice from CCP I don't understand quite well.
Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2012-03-24 23:20:53 UTC
Mathias Hex wrote:
SOE arent they the ones who buy out companys and suck the lifeblood out of em? or is that EA i forget.

SOE bought the company that made Everquest. They bought the company that made the Matrix MMO. There's another one but I can't remember it...

But we don't want either company anywhere near Eve.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

Dbars Grinding
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2012-03-24 23:20:54 UTC
incoming ccp being sold to sony. my crystal ball told me so.

I have more space likes than you. 

Kai Tel
State War Academy
Caldari State
#29 - 2012-03-24 23:23:05 UTC
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Mathias Hex wrote:

SOE bought the company that made Everquest. They bought the company that made the Matrix MMO. There's another one but I can't remember it...

Get those trolls in while you can. Forum ban lists carry over to all Sony games. Not even Hilmar can save you...
Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2012-03-24 23:49:51 UTC
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Mathias Hex wrote:

they also bought the one that made star wars galaxy and then ruined it.

sony is bad news, but for now ccp is private corporation.
Damion Rayne
Panoptic
#31 - 2012-03-25 00:35:07 UTC
Ah the "DOOM!!!!!" sayers, grow the **** up son. It's called "Business" and a "Partnership"

ROA

Ismol Mond
Doomheim
#32 - 2012-03-25 02:06:41 UTC
Quote:
Ah the "DOOM!!!!!" sayers, grow the **** up son. It's called "Business" and a "Partnership"

Haha, famous last words from many a ruined game forum.

Anyway as sad as it is to admit Sony merely having their foot in CCP's door does not bode well for our (distant?) future.
And as much as I love this game there is a masochistic part of me that is sort of curious to see how fast poor old Eve dies (and it will) if Sony does eventually take over. I think the NGE will seem like a parachute drop compared to the free fall Eve would take.
Terminal Insanity
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#33 - 2012-03-25 02:08:27 UTC
I'm considering buying a ps3 for dust.

WTB DUST/EVE THEMED PS3 SKIN

"War declarations are never officially considered griefing and are not a bannable offense, and it has been repeatedly stated by the developers that the possibility for non-consensual PvP is an intended feature." - CCP

Jhagiti Tyran
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#34 - 2012-03-25 02:17:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Jhagiti Tyran
Tanya Powers wrote:
Thing is that I don't see that much first person shooter staying only on console because this is why it could stagnate quite fast, but I'm not a console player at all.
All I know is those PC shooter titles, for some of them are just monsters of gaming industry, nad that Dust could probably beat or get to the same rank if they'd be on PC rather than console.
It's a strategic choice from CCP I don't understand quite well.

As soon as CCP announced Dust as a PS3 exclusive it was obvious that it was unlikely that it would ever come to the PC. SOE don't want a potential competitor to Planetside 2.

The only way Dust will come to the PC is if it flops hard on the PS3, if the boxes hardly move and the income from the cash shop is poor CCP will be desperate to try and salvage it and recoup the investment. CCP might even have a PC port ready to go as soon as the PS3 version is released, just in case it does flop.

Ismol Mond wrote:
Anyway as sad as it is to admit Sony merely having their foot in CCP's door does not bode well for our (distant?) future.
And as much as I love this game there is a masochistic part of me that is sort of curious to see how fast poor old Eve dies (and it will) if Sony does eventually take over. I think the NGE will seem like a parachute drop compared to the free fall Eve would take.

Sony probably have little to no interest in acquiring CCP or EVE, Sony are still making massive losses and have been undergoing significant restructuring, they are pulling many product lines and laying off staff across most of their departments. SOE is no exception, several projects have been cancelled and they have been closing studios and sacking staff.

I don't see why they would want to try and acquire a developer that only recently went through its own cycle of layoffs and restructuring and may still face an uncertain future.
Cord Binchiette
Kzinti Confederation
#35 - 2012-03-25 02:32:12 UTC
SOE has nothing to do with the PS3. SOE ruins games faster than a $5 hooker turns a trick. SOE would be the death of this game. You don't want SOE anywhere near this game.
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#36 - 2012-03-25 02:38:35 UTC
Nobody deserves Eve anyway.

The only jerks I might be inclined to thing they should do something about is Linux scum, but those are too much preoccupied now counting their dollars instead of doing the right thing !
Just fock off bunch of freakin bitches, you don't deserve Eve.
Momoyo
Rivinshield Trading Inc.
#37 - 2012-03-25 02:46:16 UTC
Xython wrote:
Was the rumor that they couldn't go with XBox because Microsoft wouldn't allow RMT transactions outside of using Microsoft points ever substantiated?

I actually prefer Sony's system (never been a fan of the morons on XBox live... imagine if you could HEAR the idiot pubbies in Jita local... christ) than Microsoft's, but I can see why people would be concerned.

Various reasons. MS limits connections with outside sources so providing chat between dust and eve would be problematic (especially voice) also on xbox live you cant hide your identity which is kind of important in eve (unless you purchased multiple gold accounts). Basically Sony's policies are a lot more open which makes development a lot easier.
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#38 - 2012-03-25 02:54:21 UTC
Terminal Insanity wrote:
I'm considering buying a ps3 for dust.

WTB DUST/EVE THEMED PS3 SKIN

I'll buy that for a dollar!
Kellzz
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#39 - 2012-03-25 02:54:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Kellzz
Damion Rayne wrote:

Mark Jacobs Former CEO of Mythic Entertainment said the same thing

he was unemployed shortly afterwards.

(yes, EA was involved there, but same concept)
Previous page12