These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Macintosh

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Universe iOS App

Author
Flynn Fetladral
Tempered Aggression
Seker Matar
#1 - 2011-09-21 10:10:00 UTC
I just installed this app on my iPad, it's free with an option to pay to remove ads or make a donation. It's pretty fecking feature complete, very nice and worth checking out! http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/eveuniverse/id418895101?mt=8&ls=1

Oh and we used a little officer mods. KIDDING! We used a lot of officers mods, A LOT! Because we don’t :censored: around in low-sec.

@flynnfetladral on #tweetfleet

Ahnkar
Project Creation
#2 - 2011-09-21 21:42:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Ahnkar
It's nice, but needs a little work now since the new API CAK mess things up a bit. Most of my jobs are done as corp jobs and now even if I make a Corp key I still can't review my jobs.

It''s not the app, the issue is the new API keys, they don't allow corp and character info together. I can already come up with a few solutions for the new API keys in these type of apps, but someone will have to sit down and go through a bit of code to make the changes.

Edit: I see how the Dev dealt with it and it is working, except one account that seems to be a delay when updating an API key.
Nonnori Ikkala
Love for You
#3 - 2011-09-23 18:05:51 UTC
There's also Dusk, which doesn't do market stuff but who's skills interface I much prefer.
Flynn Fetladral
Tempered Aggression
Seker Matar
#4 - 2011-09-23 20:02:34 UTC
Nonnori Ikkala wrote:
There's also Dusk, which doesn't do market stuff but who's skills interface I much prefer.

Thanks for posting this. I'd never heard of it before. Maybe we should try to build a list of all iOS apps related to EVE Online. We all know how annoying it can me to find stuff in the App Store.

Oh and we used a little officer mods. KIDDING! We used a lot of officers mods, A LOT! Because we don’t :censored: around in low-sec.

@flynnfetladral on #tweetfleet

Seventh Enclave
Perkone
Caldari State
#5 - 2011-09-24 14:08:22 UTC
Ahnkar wrote:
It's nice, but needs a little work now since the new API CAK mess things up a bit. Most of my jobs are done as corp jobs and now even if I make a Corp key I still can't review my jobs.

It''s not the app, the issue is the new API keys, they don't allow corp and character info together. I can already come up with a few solutions for the new API keys in these type of apps, but someone will have to sit down and go through a bit of code to make the changes.

Edit: I see how the Dev dealt with it and it is working, except one account that seems to be a delay when updating an API key.

I thought it could combine both corp and character keys into one API if you wanted it to and had the appropriate access?

- All guilt is relative, loyalty counts and never let your conscience be your guide.

Raknha
Project Creation
#6 - 2011-09-24 14:52:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Raknha
wrong place
Raknha
Project Creation
#7 - 2011-09-24 14:55:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Raknha
Seventh Enclave wrote:
Ahnkar wrote:

I thought it could combine both corp and character keys into one API if you wanted it to and had the appropriate access?

The app combines both keys to one account, but the new API does not allow this. My issue turned out to be with Safari on two Macs and the iPad. Creation of the Corp key was showing the correct mask but not not actually using that mask. If I went back to edit the corp key, everything was unchecked. Using firefox to make the key saved all the settings correctly and stopped giving me issues. Safari on my ipad has been acting weird anyway, but to have the issue on two different Macs (both 10.6.8) seems like it may be something else. Has anyone else experienced this?
Adrenalinemax
Lap Dancers
Brothers of Tangra
#8 - 2011-09-24 17:22:04 UTC
Seventh Enclave wrote:
Ahnkar wrote:

They kinda made it sound that way, but in the final iteration, it doesn't work that way.

Corp keys are separate entities
Seventh Enclave
Perkone
Caldari State
#9 - 2011-09-25 12:37:22 UTC
I stand corrected. Apologies.

- All guilt is relative, loyalty counts and never let your conscience be your guide.

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#10 - 2011-09-28 05:54:40 UTC
I'm still using iClone with the old style keys. Custom Access Key version should be coming out Real Soon Now™.
matarkhan
ConHugeCo
Rusty Stargazers
#11 - 2011-09-28 19:37:39 UTC  |  Edited by: matarkhan
Raknha wrote:
The app combines both keys to one account, but the new API does not allow this. My issue turned out to be with Safari on two Macs and the iPad. Creation of the Corp key was showing the correct mask but not not actually using that mask. If I went back to edit the corp key, everything was unchecked. Using firefox to make the key saved all the settings correctly and stopped giving me issues. Safari on my ipad has been acting weird anyway, but to have the issue on two different Macs (both 10.6.8) seems like it may be something else. Has anyone else experienced this?

Chrome and Safari are both based on Webkit, and there have been issues with checkboxes not showing up for a good 2-3 years now without a fix. The comments on the bug page for Chrome are at a good 10 pages now.

Oh, and Eve Universe is the bomb. I don't track corp stuff anymore (ahhhhh, solo life), so it's working perfectly for me. Easily the most polished iOS app I've seen so far.
Krispy Dingo
The Gold Angels
Sixth Empire
#12 - 2011-09-29 18:38:47 UTC
Flynn Fetladral wrote:
Maybe we should try to build a list of all iOS apps related to EVE Online. We all know how annoying it can me to find stuff in the App Store.

Merry Christmas