These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

BREAKING NEWS - Chribba's System is SBU'd

First post
Author
Nox Virago
Happy Endings.
#141 - 2011-09-24 09:29:32 UTC
Saithos wrote:
The whole of Imperishable Darkness will be coming out of our wormhole for this.

No one screws with Chribba.

Funny... I don't recall seeing or shooting any of you. I notice a lot of people were beating their chests and talking a good game with epic vows of revenge and what not but in the end NC. came in and smoked 3 SBUs and scores of "defenders". Empty words...
Holy One
Privat Party
#142 - 2011-09-24 09:50:18 UTC
Nox Virago wrote:
Saithos wrote:

Funny... I don't recall seeing or shooting any of you. I notice a lot of people were beating their chests and talking a good game with epic vows of revenge and what not but in the end NC. came in and smoked 3 SBUs and scores of "defenders". Empty words...

Just the usual carebear's picnic tbh.

:)

Proto Wraith
Imperishable Darkness
#143 - 2011-09-24 09:57:38 UTC
Nox Virago wrote:
Saithos wrote:

That's prolly cause Sai passed out drunk on his desk before mentioning it. He's very good at that you know.
Dante Marcellus
Belligerent Underpaid Tactical Team
#144 - 2011-09-24 10:27:07 UTC
I got there by the time the action was over. Scored a JC to Chribba's Cottage and had a fight (one I wasn't entirely prepared for) and lost my ship! Good times.
Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
The Curatores Veritatis Auxiliary
#145 - 2011-09-24 10:40:23 UTC
Obsidian Hawk wrote:
anyone have a screen shot of the fleet members, I wanted to thank all of the wing commanders and squad commanders being on top of invites, saved me a ton of trouble.

I have the Fleet chatlog if that will help ?

I'm headed back that way tonight, just for the chuckles :)
Maybe get chased by some dramiels again.
Nihi Lismus
A Lone Wolf Inc.
#146 - 2011-09-24 11:08:20 UTC
we started with two stealthbombers and two Noobships at the CQ-gate and ended up with a 100 man fleet blobbing a 150 man fleet. that was so awsome!

I think we should say thanks to the guys, which anchored the SUBs xD

btw... someone know, if the route to Kari is free? i just have a Reaper and my clone have a few Imps...
lan mandrahg
Doomheim
#147 - 2011-09-24 11:18:23 UTC
Glad things worked out Chribba, and I'm glad our vagabond's could give you a heart attack on your undock ^^.

To the people we ended up popping - We only came for the kill mails, not SBU defence, :)

http://www.occupational-hazzard.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=19694
Vin Hellsing
#148 - 2011-09-24 11:30:43 UTC
lan mandrahg wrote:
Glad things worked out Chribba, and I'm glad our vagabond's could give you a heart attack on your undock ^^.

To the people we ended up popping - We only came for the kill mails, not SBU defence, :)

The near-constant worship of kill mails is getting annoying.
Borlag Crendraven
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#149 - 2011-09-24 11:36:31 UTC
Sentient Blade wrote:
Disclaimer: The following is how I remember it going down. Some finer details may be mistaken.

Thank you for that report, it most definitely helps in undertanding what went on beyond the scope of what was visible to us during the encounter. Personally as I don't have the slightest clue on the relations of the different nullsec alliances or the history behind them, the whole encounter was rather confusing when even the identity of the opponent was unknown.
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#150 - 2011-09-24 11:39:36 UTC
It was truely an awesome display of why we simply has the best community around! I had loads of fun (except having a heartrate at 180 (not good btw lol)) and silly me just being scared shitless of undocking and being locked for 2 sec before I warp away in my all so WCS'ed Tengu (I know right Roll).

Seeing pilots from a wide range of alliances, teaming up, and even shooting at each other for the fun, talking in local, in Holy Veldspar, in fleet.

One word: EPIC

Being there, having no idea what would happen, not really telling anyone what to do either, seeing people step up as FC's forming gangs, destroying stuff. Simply amazing.

Seeing local spike as NC. arrived, wondering wtf was going to happen when initial voices said they are shooting everyone, only to then jumping in a massive supercap fleet and completely raping the SBU's - wow!

I had tons of fun, despite my carebearness, I hope you did too, and I am honored to have been a part of this (imo) historic event. Can't say it enough times, but this is the reason why I keep playing this game, the community is simply outstanding and amazing! I thank you so much for letting me a part of it! I owe you all for every impression you give me /bows/

/c

PS. Participants can join the medal corp if you want to be awarded medals (ticker RANKS) - pls provide SBU killmail link in the application.

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Rhaegor Stormborn
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#151 - 2011-09-24 11:41:57 UTC
Vin Hellsing wrote:
lan mandrahg wrote:

The near-constant worship of kill mails is getting annoying.

Not as bad as your posting.
Suneai
Fredegar Hohenstaufen Corporation
Holy Arumbian Empire
#152 - 2011-09-24 11:44:25 UTC
I hope someone recorded the epic mission to save Chribba's system, that would make one hell of a good plot for that 'I was there, EVE is real' thing. :)

Sadly I didn't quite make it to the system in time, one of the downsides of living in a terrible rural village is random powercuts. :\
Spacing Cowboy
Perkone
Caldari State
#153 - 2011-09-24 12:36:33 UTC
Nice going ivy & nc for showing up in force
Azelor Delaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#154 - 2011-09-24 13:59:09 UTC
The only way to make this better?

C C P Alliance shows up unannounced. Sadly, they failed us. :(
Josefius
13th Tribe of Kobol Expeditionary
#155 - 2011-09-24 15:23:15 UTC
Dante Marcellus wrote:
I got there by the time the action was over. Scored a JC to Chribba's Cottage and had a fight (one I wasn't entirely prepared for) and lost my ship! Good times.

Yeah, I'm currently in his station now. Though, I went there the hard way, cold and alone.

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something, sometime in your life.

-Winston Churchill

Mallikanth
Wasters
#156 - 2011-09-24 16:03:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Mallikanth
Awesome stuff.
This is what makes eve great.

Also notice the lack of Incarna in this epic tale!

Well done to all who defended 9UY.

Believe in what they do, not what they say.

Mehrdad Kor-Azor
Doomheim
#157 - 2011-09-24 16:18:47 UTC
Archeris vane wrote:
Azelor Delaria wrote:
THIS WILL BE DEALT WITH.

YOU HAVE MY SWORD.

...AND MY AXE!

If this is indeed the will of the Council, then the Amarr Empire shall see it done.
Ejit
STD contractors
#158 - 2011-09-24 16:26:32 UTC
Well soon as I heard I flew god knows how many jumps in my Vaga. Flying my battle colours I was hoping to engage in some hit n run gorilla tactics in defence of Chribba's cottage.

I made it to 9UY, but alas, I got deaded a little sooner than I expected...Lol

But otherwise, was an enlightening and fun experience.. Smile
Dorian Wylde
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#159 - 2011-09-24 16:42:20 UTC
Renan Ruivo wrote:
He could have SBU'd himself just for fun, you know......

just saying.

We're all supposedly Chribba alts, so this is the only explanation.
Obsidian Hawk
RONA Midgard Academy
#160 - 2011-09-24 16:57:56 UTC
What i think is great is despite all the people coming in at once.

The node held lol.

Why Can't I have a picture signature.

Also please support graphical immersion, bring back the art that brought people to EvE online originaly.