These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

About wardecs

Author
Gummy Plaude
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-03-24 13:34:10 UTC
Gummy Plaude wrote:

In my opinion Corporations should choose to commit into the War system by gaining access to certain ISK faucets and facilities or stay in a neutral status by renouncing those goodies.

One of the main advices given to new players is to join a corporation, but for a large part of hisec corporations wardecs are periods where they're strongly encouraged not to undock. I can't see this changing with the new system.

Make so that a player corporation could affiliate with a NPC corporation by paying them a significant TAX in order to stay in a neutral status.

It'd be like NPC corp >> Semi-NPC corp >> Player corp.
Aqriue
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2012-03-24 15:20:35 UTC
Gummy Plaude wrote:
Gummy Plaude wrote:

In my opinion Corporations should choose to commit into the War system by gaining access to certain ISK faucets and facilities or stay in a neutral status by renouncing those goodies.

One of the main advices given to new players is to join a corporation, but for a large part of hisec corporations wardecs are periods where they're strongly encouraged not to undock. I can't see this changing with the new system.

Make so that a player corporation could affiliate with a NPC corporation by paying them a significant TAX in order to stay in a neutral status.

In before obligatory "stay in NPC if you want NPC" because you can't be NPC status with full corp benifits like POS, wallet divisions, back up from flipping, ability to bypass reseach que in NPC stations with a POS, ability to provide webbing to freighters but still not summon CONCORD. . . oh wait you want all that.

How about just a plain old dumb idea.
Gummy Plaude
Doomheim
#3 - 2012-03-24 15:32:37 UTC
Aqriue wrote:
Gummy Plaude wrote:
Gummy Plaude wrote:

In before obligatory "stay in NPC if you want NPC" because you can't be NPC status with full corp benifits like POS, wallet divisions, back up from flipping, ability to bypass reseach que in NPC stations with a POS, ability to provide webbing to freighters but still not summon CONCORD. . . oh wait you want all that.

How about just a plain old dumb idea.

Other than the taxes, other player corporation tools (like POS) could be restricted too. My idea is intented for those group of players willing to build their own social group while advancing through EVE's learning curve.
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#4 - 2012-03-24 15:39:31 UTC
Gummy Plaude wrote:
Other than the taxes, other player corporation tools (like POS) could be restricted too. My idea is intented for those group of players willing to build their own social group while advancing through EVE's learning curve.

Make a chat channel and then invite your friends to it. There, now you have your own social group and still have the protection of your NPC corp.

You can't have the benefits of a corp (offices, POSes, corp wallet, etc) with the protection of an NPC corp, get over it and either take the risk or do without the perks. It's not limiting you socially though.
Gummy Plaude
Doomheim
#5 - 2012-03-24 16:06:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Gummy Plaude
mxzf wrote:
Gummy Plaude wrote:

Make a chat channel and then invite your friends to it. There, now you have your own social group and still have the protection of your NPC corp.

You can't have the benefits of a corp (offices, POSes, corp wallet, etc) with the protection of an NPC corp, get over it and either take the risk or do without the perks. It's not limiting you socially though.

Think about it like a modular upgrade from NPC corp to Player corp.

I see your point, freedom is good and I'm all for risk and consequences, but there's a Status quo in many hisec corps during wardec preventing their members from playing EVE, and until they introduce something to do while being wardecced by vastly superior forces, this may be a good solution imo.
Gummy Plaude
Doomheim
#6 - 2012-03-24 16:18:50 UTC
double post!
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#7 - 2012-03-24 16:31:35 UTC  |  Edited by: mxzf
Gummy Plaude wrote:
Think about it like a modular upgrade from NPC corp to Player corp.

I see your point, freedom is good and I'm all for risk and consequences, but there's a Status quo in many hisec corps during wardec preventing their members from playing EVE, and until they introduce something to do while being wardecced by vastly superior forces, this may be a good solution imo.

The "something to do while wardecced by 'vastly superior forces'" is to either fly around somewhere else where the wardeccers aren't and just ignore them (I've been wardecced many times and you can safely ignore them unless the war targets are actually in the system with you) or fight back (even if you can't fight well, you can still have fun with it).

Anything allowing for benefits to the players more than social networking is giving them advantages of being a corp without the risks of being a corp. Don't expect that to happen. If chatting with each other and the name of a corp is all you want, then just make a chat channel and you can have that without changing anything in the game.

tl;dr: you won't get the perks of being a corp without the risks of being in a corp
Gummy Plaude
Doomheim
#8 - 2012-03-24 21:30:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Gummy Plaude
Damn I lost what I wrote...

Flying away or fighting back is something that the experience teaches you. I've seen corporations tearing apart, people leaving or unable to play during wardecs for weeks. I've also been in corporations where wardecs were a thrilling time with fighting back and hunting ops. The former ones were just a group of people PVEing, mining and training skills while trying to realize how EVE works under the direcion of a slightly more experience CEO.

I'm not asking to have all the perks from a corporation without the risk of being in a corporation. I'm asking to let the players build the illusion of belonging to a bigger project, so to speak. Let them take the risk to make the leap when they're ready. If it means to just share a corp tag and a chat, so be it. Otherwise you may lose them.
BleedingAngl
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2012-03-24 22:52:23 UTC
Firstly i would like to pick holes in your idea.

Creating a 'safe' haven for people that dont wish to fight is the npc corp, i fail to see creating a 'semi-npc' corp where people can get corp enabled upgrades would solve the issue of people not wanting to fight.

Lets look at this from both sites
Pro Wardec
The whole idea of eve is that you are not safe anywhere, creating additional 'safe' havens for people goes against that. The war dec system is great for challenging the whole idea of you been safe in high security space. It allows people to loose their expensive fit mission runners or hit back at the person stealing things out of your complexes. Also if your idea was implemented people would have just to resort to suicide ganking their intending targets.
It also gives people more views into what else they can do in eve. I personally have raped people in wardecs and they have turned around and gone "hey, i want to do that" .
It provides isk faucets and stops people having too many assets, which keeps the industialists producing and selling more

Against wardecs
People dont want to fight, thats why the exploit of dec shield ( hopefully will get extinct in inferno ) has become so popular.

Now with the new awaited expansion of inferno they said they are going to be reworking wardec systems. Hopefully this is going to be a way for the corporations/alliances not wanting to fight to 'pay off' people that declare war and become immune for 'x' amount of time. Personally I feel that would be a better solution to your 'idea'