These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Dec Shield to Fanfest

Author
The Zerg Overmind
Rule Reversal
#21 - 2012-03-24 13:03:03 UTC
I'm completely sober ><

But the wardec panel was overall some very decent changes compared to current mechanics
Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2012-03-24 13:11:03 UTC
The Zerg Overmind wrote:
I'm completely sober ><

But the wardec panel was overall some very decent changes compared to current mechanics

I sense those that have the isk to burn.... EVE-UNI is going to Get some incoming wars.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Reppyk
The Black Shell
#23 - 2012-03-24 13:21:39 UTC
Cannibal Kane wrote:
I sense those that have the isk to burn.... EVE-UNI is going to Get some incoming wars.
Consequences in EVE.

EVE-UNI will pay for its shield (and not because "easy targets in bantam herp derp"), and the merc business will expand. This sounds good.

I AM SPACE CAPTAIN REPPYK. BEWARE.

Proud co-admin of frugu.net, a French fansite about EVE !

Te Tapunui
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2012-03-24 14:25:58 UTC
So am I hoping against hope that decshield may close up shop soon?

I've just lost another 3 wars to the shield. I Do get the point tho, and support the protest. A war should be just that.....a WAR.
Wars are not consentual, and wars cannot be ended by simply pawning it off on someone else...

the current situation is laughable;

Germany invades poland.
England declares war on Germany.
Germany joins the axis alliance with Italy.
England finds itself at war with the axis.
Germany leaves the axis and England is no longer at war with Germany.
The axis surrenders to a very confused England.
Germany keeps Poland, moves on to france....
Callous Jade
Dockturnal Bromance
#25 - 2012-03-24 17:53:17 UTC
T'Pawhl wrote:
The Zerg Overmind wrote:
T'Pawhl wrote:
So let's get this straight.

It costs 2 million ISK only to grief-dec some newbie corp... But it takes over 60 days to train the necessary skills plus 1 billion ISK to create an alliance for the purpose of a dec shield...

And you cry "wah not fair"?

Do you realize how much you sound like spoiled brats?

Heh maybe that's why you chose hi-sec piracy... "Me see toy! Me want toy! Me take toy, kick kid who had it before!"

That's right. It's not fair. It's an improper unregulated exploit. 60 days of training to gain absolute tower immunity for an unlimited number of highsec corps is absolutely completely unfair. 1bil isk is nothing compared to the cost of what we can and have saved.

PVP in Eve was designed to be non-consensual if you joined a player corp. Player corp assets in space were never designed to be invulnerable no matter how you care to spin it. We have fundamentally broken the sandbox, and it needs to be repaired.

In a few hours I expect we will have justice (and that I will be very wasted).

Oh my god you are so small minded. Yes EVE is non-consensual, and the people you are trying to blow up are non-consensually running away from you so you can't blow them up. Imagine that! o\

Let me explain:

No matter which way you cut it, there is a 24 hour period during which the Corp has a live war dec. This means towers have to go down or else they can get popped. If the (pirate/griefer/whatever) Corp keeps redecing, the tower is never up long enough to get anything appreciable accomplished. For 2 million ISK, you've effectively shut down the entire Corporation's Industry, and if they're the type of Corp to run from a fight, they probably aren't undocking either, so they are completely locked down for 24 hour intervals. So while the towers can't be exploded (because they're in a hangar), they most certainly can be prevented from being used. And do you know what the Corp who war decced you can do? Anchor their own tower with an array of guns where yours used to be. Imagine that! o\ This is EVE, adapt or cry. Oops I mean die. ;) Sorry... hehe

In reality, very, very few players and player organizations will have the resources and wherewithal to create their own dec shields. In fact, I bet 90% of the Corps who joined Dec Shield didn't even know it existed save for your loudmouth soapboxing about it. Take you out of the equation, and there is no problem. The equation is balanced. Personally, I think they should just ban you for being so pretentious and disruptive and whiny.

The fact is, any game mechanic can be abused. Just because you're "abusing" a mechanic does not make it an exploit nor does it make it wrong. Take Goonswarm messing with CONCORD mechanics and locking down entire systems so no one can mine ice. It's perfectly legitimate because CCP says it is. But imagine if Goonswarm and a few of their allies did it in every system simultaneously for 12+ hours out of the day - basically no one could really mine. And when Goon sec status dropped, they just rotated to null-sec and ratted it back up. Would you cry that it was an abuse of mechanics; should CCP step in? Yes - because legitimate game-mechanics are being abused to cause widespread disruption of the entire game.

You're doing the best you can to abuse a legitimate game mechanic and it has had... null effect on the overall balance of New Eden. Hate to break it to you, but you are just one drop of water in a bucket. A noisy drop, but still just an insignificant drop.

TLDR: Tears from a gold farming parasite.
T'Pawhl
Doomheim
#26 - 2012-03-24 17:56:47 UTC
Callous Jade wrote:
T'Pawhl wrote:
The Zerg Overmind wrote:
T'Pawhl wrote:
So let's get this straight.

It costs 2 million ISK only to grief-dec some newbie corp... But it takes over 60 days to train the necessary skills plus 1 billion ISK to create an alliance for the purpose of a dec shield...

And you cry "wah not fair"?

Do you realize how much you sound like spoiled brats?

Heh maybe that's why you chose hi-sec piracy... "Me see toy! Me want toy! Me take toy, kick kid who had it before!"

That's right. It's not fair. It's an improper unregulated exploit. 60 days of training to gain absolute tower immunity for an unlimited number of highsec corps is absolutely completely unfair. 1bil isk is nothing compared to the cost of what we can and have saved.

PVP in Eve was designed to be non-consensual if you joined a player corp. Player corp assets in space were never designed to be invulnerable no matter how you care to spin it. We have fundamentally broken the sandbox, and it needs to be repaired.

In a few hours I expect we will have justice (and that I will be very wasted).

Oh my god you are so small minded. Yes EVE is non-consensual, and the people you are trying to blow up are non-consensually running away from you so you can't blow them up. Imagine that! o\

Let me explain:

No matter which way you cut it, there is a 24 hour period during which the Corp has a live war dec. This means towers have to go down or else they can get popped. If the (pirate/griefer/whatever) Corp keeps redecing, the tower is never up long enough to get anything appreciable accomplished. For 2 million ISK, you've effectively shut down the entire Corporation's Industry, and if they're the type of Corp to run from a fight, they probably aren't undocking either, so they are completely locked down for 24 hour intervals. So while the towers can't be exploded (because they're in a hangar), they most certainly can be prevented from being used. And do you know what the Corp who war decced you can do? Anchor their own tower with an array of guns where yours used to be. Imagine that! o\ This is EVE, adapt or cry. Oops I mean die. ;) Sorry... hehe

In reality, very, very few players and player organizations will have the resources and wherewithal to create their own dec shields. In fact, I bet 90% of the Corps who joined Dec Shield didn't even know it existed save for your loudmouth soapboxing about it. Take you out of the equation, and there is no problem. The equation is balanced. Personally, I think they should just ban you for being so pretentious and disruptive and whiny.

The fact is, any game mechanic can be abused. Just because you're "abusing" a mechanic does not make it an exploit nor does it make it wrong. Take Goonswarm messing with CONCORD mechanics and locking down entire systems so no one can mine ice. It's perfectly legitimate because CCP says it is. But imagine if Goonswarm and a few of their allies did it in every system simultaneously for 12+ hours out of the day - basically no one could really mine. And when Goon sec status dropped, they just rotated to null-sec and ratted it back up. Would you cry that it was an abuse of mechanics; should CCP step in? Yes - because legitimate game-mechanics are being abused to cause widespread disruption of the entire game.

You're doing the best you can to abuse a legitimate game mechanic and it has had... null effect on the overall balance of New Eden. Hate to break it to you, but you are just one drop of water in a bucket. A noisy drop, but still just an insignificant drop.

TLDR: Tears from a gold farming parasite.

Awww, nothing to actually say? Blink
Caliph Muhammed
Perkone
Caldari State
#27 - 2012-03-25 05:04:25 UTC
T'Pawhl wrote:
Lithalnas wrote:
wow someone has a stick up his bum

Who is your main so i can wardec him?

Vivian Volkoff, come and get me little b*tch.

When keepin it real goes wrong. ^^
Anya Klibor
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2012-03-25 20:02:22 UTC
DecShield could have lots of fun if they want to "exploit" this.

Make all decs against you mutual. That way no one has to pay, and we can kill anyone in the alliance. The war isn't technically over!

I'm not sure if you can do the same thing in alliances as you can corporations, but can you give corps roles so they can't instantly leave the alliance? It'd be another great way to troll the carebears.

Leadership is something you learn. Maybe one day, you'll learn that.

The Zerg Overmind
Rule Reversal
#29 - 2012-03-26 00:07:59 UTC
Anya Klibor wrote:

Make all decs against you mutual. That way no one has to pay, and we can kill anyone in the alliance. The war isn't technically over!

I'm not sure if you can do the same thing in alliances as you can corporations, but can you give corps roles so they can't instantly leave the alliance? It'd be another great way to troll the carebears.

All our wars are mutual. That's why we have 55 of them right now
Anya Klibor
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2012-03-26 06:38:58 UTC
The Zerg Overmind wrote:
Anya Klibor wrote:

All our wars are mutual. That's why we have 55 of them right now

I like you. BFFLs?

Leadership is something you learn. Maybe one day, you'll learn that.

Waylan Yutani
SkyLark Insurgency
#31 - 2012-03-26 18:01:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Waylan Yutani
As a merc i support this.
Lithalnas
Dirt 'n' Glitter
Sedition.
#32 - 2012-03-26 19:15:00 UTC
Caliph Muhammed wrote:
T'Pawhl wrote:
Lithalnas wrote:
wow someone has a stick up his bum

Who is your main so i can wardec him?

Vivian Volkoff, come and get me little b*tch.

When keepin it real goes wrong. ^^

A bit smaller than usual, so i will go through diplomatic channels first, but I usually do 3 power blocks and a highsec industrial alliance to keep my overview flashy. Remember kids, new wars start every Wednesday.

https://www.facebook.com/RipSeanVileRatSmith shoot at blue for Vile Rat http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=73406

Previous page12