These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Fanfest Live stream is a complete cluster ****

Author
Landrae
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-03-24 07:30:52 UTC
I'm wondering what is causing all the problems with the stream. Yesterday audio and visual freezing throughout ending with the last 2.5 hours getting completely cut off. Today Various audio issues, not as many video issues but still overall terrible. Now I can understand a crappy stream quality for the free stream but for people who paid a plex for the HD stream myself included, I expected better. I find myself wondering if drunk devs were manning the stream controls?

TL ; DR HD stream was a massive waste of money.
sellz shitz
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-03-24 09:00:35 UTC
you pay for it sad
Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
#3 - 2012-03-24 09:03:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Roll Sizzle Beef
Sell your quafe and get ur money back?
I had no problems streaming highest quality. Although their pre-recorded bits had ****** audio compression and the dude in the crimewatch talk kept fidgeting and clicking his ******* badge tell they told him it was ******* annoying. Overall the actual live feed was fine and I could read the power points clearly and see the concept art beautifully.
Landrae
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-03-24 11:15:36 UTC
Roll Sizzle Beef wrote:
Sell your quafe and get ur money back?
I had no problems streaming highest quality. Although their pre-recorded bits had ****** audio compression and the dude in the crimewatch talk kept fidgeting and clicking his ******* badge tell they told him it was ******* annoying. Overall the actual live feed was fine and I could read the power points clearly and see the concept art beautifully.

The live stream starts at 2:45 am Local time here so I only can watch the replay and both days the audio and video have frozen periodically throughout on top of entire sections just missed all together due to stream freezing and not on my end. I know many many people have had the same problems as the facebook post window below the stream would light up with everyone complaining about the same thing.
Bloodcrow
Doomheim
#5 - 2012-03-24 11:16:30 UTC
Switch browsers, Chrome > IE
Landrae
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2012-03-24 11:19:02 UTC
Bloodcrow wrote:
Switch browsers, Chrome > IE

the browser is irrelevant when the problems are coming from the stream.

P.S. Firefox > Chrome
Meryl SinGarda
Belligerent Underpaid Tactical Team
#7 - 2012-03-24 11:21:21 UTC
I paid for it too, although the only problems I've experienced were the sound problems on the first day, the video froze once on the 2nd day and every so often it sounds like my computer is logging off, then I realize that's an EVE dev messing with something on the stream. lol
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#8 - 2012-03-24 11:58:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
It's been awfully erratic in performance.

I figured others would be complaining but it doesn't seem like that many................

Update (for below): FLORIDA

Got our own node and router and 'Business Speed'. Problem verified by our ISP as definitely on the side of the stream.

Just not pursuing it to the max as this is a temporary situation, but no way next year.Evil

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Ashley SchmidtVonGoldberg
Doomheim
#9 - 2012-03-24 12:16:02 UTC
Were abouts are you in the world. Im in the UK and its pretty much perfect here.

Standing in for Karn Dulake who was banned for saying bad words

Landrae
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2012-03-24 12:18:55 UTC
Ashley SchmidtVonGoldberg wrote:
Were abouts are you in the world. Im in the UK and its pretty much perfect here.

West Coast USA and in case you cared Connection Speed
Nimbat
Livets Ord.
#11 - 2012-03-24 12:32:24 UTC
Has been working fine in Sweden. Much better than last year that's for sure.