These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I Dont Play This Game For Easy Mode - Do You?

Author
Dragon Outlaw
Rogue Fleet
#21 - 2012-03-23 19:21:23 UTC
Tears of high sec carebear killers really are the best tears!
Gorki Andropov
I Dn't Knw Wht You Wnt Bt I Cn't Gve It Anymre
#22 - 2012-03-23 19:22:40 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
Carver DiGriz wrote:
Propmod wrote:
If you dont play for easy mode... why are you in high sec?

That.

Not the point. Hisec should NEVER be a safe place.

You do kinda suck at duels though. YOU AREN'T SAFE ANYWHERE BOY.
THE L0CK
Denying You Access
#23 - 2012-03-23 19:22:45 UTC
There once was a time when can flippers didn't even flag for doing what they did, they just stole and moved on.

And the miners and MR's whined about not being able to shoot them. So the dev's gave this to them.

This gave the can flippers targets to kill and take from the wrecks and proceeded to bait miners and MR's into shooting.

And the miners and MR's cried about lack of protection. So the dev's will allow all miners and MR's to flag the suspect.

What do you think will happen next?

Do you smell what the Lock's cooking?

Ana Vyr
Vyral Technologies
#24 - 2012-03-23 19:23:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Ana Vyr
Cipher Jones wrote:
Ana Vyr wrote:
I seriously doubt they'll do that, but they do need to figure out a way to stop players from ruining the gameplay experience of other players in order to grow the game, collect more subs, so they can make it better. There's plenty of combat to be had in EvE, but it seems that some folks are not content with just fighting, they have to grief too.

"Easy mode" is killing miners and wardeccing industry corps and so on.

Only in EvE do we find risk adverse mass murderers.

You can do industry without tax in an NPC corp. Then no one can dec you. Thats easy mode. What you are talking about is darwin mode.

You are absolutely right. Last time I tried that I ended up doing industry for a bunch of people that didn't give a flying crap about it, didn't offer any protection for the miners who were providing them with gear to blow up, and was required to attend mandatory OP's during most of my playtime. Yeah...that was a real great time doing that /sarcasm. After a rash of ship theft from our corp POS from my fellow alliance "mates", I lost interest, and left to form my own corp in highsec. I ended up leaving nullsec poorer than when I started.

You will probably agree that I picked the wrong alliance to play in, and that other alliances would treat me much better, but the experience taught me that I'm not here to play the game for somebody else's agenda.

edit: you said NPC corp...I read NULLsec corp...my apologies.

NPC corps...sigh, no thanks. Too much drama and chatter on the chat. I prefer to relax when I game, not babysit, I hear enough silliness from my own kids. I'd rather not have to pay that mission tax either.
Caliph Muhammed
Perkone
Caldari State
#25 - 2012-03-23 19:23:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Caliph Muhammed
Propmod wrote:
masternerdguy wrote:
If CCP decides to follow through and wimpify hi sec into the land of eternal love and tolerance currently proposed I will start joining hi sec corps so I can kill off as many carebears as possible. I will use alts as well so they won't see it coming.

Who's with me?

If you dont play for easy mode... why are you in high sec?

To avoid cap ship blobs and hot drops. To be able to perform logistics without a second account. To mission. To market. To socialize with the majority of the population. To avoid being the ***** of some alliance in which no one makes money after CTAs except for the douche collecting taxes from its members.
Emiko Luan
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2012-03-23 19:24:33 UTC
ElQuirko wrote:
You people seem to be missing the point - consensual 1v1 PVP is now an impossibility. Before, the process was to drop a can with one unit of ammunition in it and have the other person flip it while in the same fleet. While neutral RR was possible, fleet boosters weren't and it was generally a fair process.

This change means that nobody can 1v1 PVP anywhere.

Incorrect, in the same thread Greyscale said this change (if implemented) would also come with a formal "dueling" mechanic - So you can still have your 1v1s

+welcome to my world+ http://emikochan13.wordpress.com http://emikochan13.deviantart.com

Qvar Dar'Zanar
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2012-03-23 19:25:29 UTC
'Woooo we can't shoot bears without consequences bohooooo now the game will be too easy for them bohoooo.'

Please *****.
Garmon
Gods Holy Light Bringing You're Penance
#28 - 2012-03-23 19:30:15 UTC
These new mechanics will get a lot more less risk averse players to pvp in highsec, the main reason they don't pvp in highsec right now is because it's far too slow compared to 0.0, but the suspect flag is going to make fights happen so much more often, what's not great about that

Caliph Muhammed wrote:

To avoid cap ship blobs and hot drops. To be able to perform logistics without a second account. To mission. To market. To socialize with the majority of the population. To avoid being the ***** of some alliance in which no one makes money after CTAs except for the douche collecting taxes from its members.

I can just imagine you as being some guy that joined some random alliance, lose his badger, lose his drake in a fleet op and not get reimbursed, then assume all of 0.0 is like that, rage quit and go back to highsec to run missions lol
I like Duncan
Rapala Armiron
Arton Yachting and Angling Club
Domain Research and Mining Inst.
#29 - 2012-03-23 19:31:32 UTC
Gnaw LF wrote:
masternerdguy wrote:
If CCP decides to follow through and wimpify hi sec into the land of eternal love and tolerance currently proposed I will start joining hi sec corps so I can kill off as many carebears as possible. I will use alts as well so they won't see it coming.

Who's with me?

Let me get the straight. In your mind the current mechanic where you can go and flip a can and have one bear miner be hostile to you, that is Hard Mode? If CCP is going to introduce this Suspect flag, and you flip a can and suddenly you are hostile to the entire star system, that is Easy Mode? It seems to me that you just want to shoot with minimal risk and consequence, and it is you who is in fact playing this game for Easy Mode.

First off -- get your facts straight -- right now when you flip someone its not just the one carebear that you have to deal with, but rather his whole corp. As for the change that makes you aggro to everybody -- I dont think anyone truly cares about that at all. What the problem is, is two fold: (1) ccp is putting safeties into the system that prevent the target from flipping your can back; and (2) the sec hit you take from defending yourself while being flagged. Both of these issues will surely reduce the incidence of can flipping and make pvp in high sec less likely.
Caliph Muhammed
Perkone
Caldari State
#30 - 2012-03-23 19:34:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Caliph Muhammed
Garmon wrote:
These new mechanics will get a lot more less risk averse players to pvp in highsec, the main reason they don't pvp in highsec right now is because it's far too slow compared to 0.0, but the suspect flag is going to make fights happen so much more often, what's not great about that

Caliph Muhammed wrote:

I can just imagine you as being some guy that joined some random alliance, lose his badger, lose his drake in a fleet op and not get reimbursed, then assume all of 0.0 is like that, rage quit and go back to highsec to run missions lol

Well assuming based on your imagination still makes an ass of you. He asked why stay pvping in hi sec and I listed the reasons.

Oh and one more big reason. Because I pay 15 a month to torment the living hell out of the braindead carebears and my money is as green as anyone elses. And since the majority of EVE is composed of similiar ilk as evidenced by space barbie going poof, microtransactions being the biggest joke ever, WOD backburnered and CCP Atlanta getting axed im confident its going to stay that way in the end.

And if it doesn't there will be a few more pinkslips handed out.

I'd caution any employee making suggestions for changes that could result in another protest. You might find yourself a scapegoat.
Garmon
#31 - 2012-03-23 19:40:32 UTC
Rapala Armiron wrote:

1) ccp is putting safeties into the system that prevent the target from flipping your can back
2) the sec hit you take from defending yourself while being flagged. Both of these issues will surely reduce the incidence of can flipping and make pvp in high sec less likely.

1) So you will have a harder time killing noobs that has no idea what they're getting them selves into, I don't really think that this a valid point lol

2) Unless I understood this wrong, It was stated that they'll change how the relation between your sec status and system you can enter work, you'll be able to enter all systems till -5, and you can only go below -5 if you gank capsules, so another moot point
I like Duncan
Caliph Muhammed
Perkone
Caldari State
#32 - 2012-03-23 19:41:31 UTC
Qvar Dar'Zanar wrote:
'Woooo we can't shoot bears without consequences bohooooo now the game will be too easy for them bohoooo.'

Please *****.

Dont undock it encourages them.
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#33 - 2012-03-23 19:42:21 UTC
The thing I hate about the suspect flag concept, its going to kill my profession (I'm a vulture, sitting outside popular stations and feeding off the war targets that don't make it). Then again... the change in war dec evasion policy already did most of that.

Its not that I don't want to be shot at. Thats fun. Getting blobbed isn't.

And if it won't have any effect on my choice of play... then I have to stop reading C&P...
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2012-03-23 19:44:14 UTC
It seems that this change finally separates the boys from the men.

Don't dare to take a can ? Well... beat it, kid !

Also, ElQ ... do you really believe that every system, from the day on the changes come,
will be CROWDED with combat probes, just because there maybe, eventually, luckily
be a pair of ships somewhere in space that have a 1vs1 ?

You got to be ******* kidding me!
Gummy Plaude
Doomheim
#35 - 2012-03-23 19:50:57 UTC
Caliph Muhammed wrote:

Oh and one more big reason. Because I pay 15 a month to torment the living hell out of the braindead carebears and my money is as green as anyone elses. And since the majority of EVE is composed of similiar ilk as evidenced by space barbie going poof, microtransactions being the biggest joke ever, WOD backburnered and CCP Atlanta getting axed im confident its going to stay that way in the end.

And if it doesn't there will be a few more pinkslips handed out.

I'd caution any employee making suggestions for changes that could result in another protest. You might find yourself a scapegoat.

Look at this one guy, he still thinks that the whole Jita Riot was just about WiS. It had nothing to do with leaked documents nor golden ammo but just WIS. Also, what was the connection between WiS and Can fliping again?

Please...
Garmon
#36 - 2012-03-23 19:52:41 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
It seems that this change finally separates the boys from the men.

I agree, current highsec pvpers that are crying are just going to get replaced by real pvpers, and they will not be missed
I like Duncan
Dragon Outlaw
Rogue Fleet
#37 - 2012-03-23 19:53:35 UTC
Rapala Armiron wrote:

Both of these issues will surely reduce the incidence of can flipping and make pvp in high sec less likely.

No. More people will join RvB and there will be more high sec PvP then ever....that is if you dont mind playing against people that want to PvP.Big smile
Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2012-03-23 19:59:54 UTC
why are people raging? you steal can your not a criminal anyone can shoot you, that is how it should be. hell this is the closest thing to bounty hunting we have seen in a long time.
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#39 - 2012-03-23 20:10:17 UTC
The can flipping part of it makes sense. I feel like they're overdoing it with the "safety" switch, but in general I'm in favor of players making informed decisions, and the safety guarantees that.

I'm concerned about the aggression mechanics proposed. The information I've seen so far is vague to the point that I can't be sure it's even well-formed at CCP at this point, but some of the wording makes it sound like there will be too many sec status drops for legitimate combat.

If you flip a can and someone shoots you, they should not lose sec status. If you return fire at that point, you should not lose it either. Otherwise the implication is that "suspects" are required to simply accept the loss of their ship for stealing from a can.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Gnaw LF
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#40 - 2012-03-23 20:36:58 UTC
ElQuirko wrote:
You people seem to be missing the point - consensual 1v1 PVP is now an impossibility. Before, the process was to drop a can with one unit of ammunition in it and have the other person flip it while in the same fleet. While neutral RR was possible, fleet boosters weren't and it was generally a fair process.

This change means that nobody can 1v1 PVP anywhere.

Its called safe spots. Fleet up, warp to safe spot, drop can, pvp. You can thank me later.