These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Miners, an endangered species.

Author
Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#201 - 2012-03-22 19:36:01 UTC
Toshiroma McDiesel wrote:
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:

2) Make Rorquals be able to fit capital strip miners, so miners have an actual incentive to mine in low/null.
'

Let them mount Deep Core Miners, and remove Moon POS's. People complain about miners being AFK, but moon mining is far worse, you don't even have to be logged in.

All resource harvesting should be done by a pilot in a ship.

At his keyboard. Paying attention. On risk of death.

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Wolf Kruol
Suicide Squad Gamma
#202 - 2012-03-22 20:24:07 UTC
Evei Shard wrote:
Karl Hobb wrote:
Evei Shard wrote:
Unfortunately that is completely wrong. It has nothing to do with boredom. They are ganking miners for one or both of two reasons.
1) It's very profitable to do so within the current game mechanics
2) Because they enjoy the reactions they get out of the players they do it to.

Forgot one:
3. Because they're botting.

Well, I sort of categorized that under #2, but I'll admit that bot tears generally involve some investigation outside of Eve, which may not be worth the effort. So, yes, botting is a valid reason.

You forgot one more,

4.) Control of resources.

Making them understand that those rocks belong to select group of individuals. Who reserve the right to mine them. Twisted

“If you're very very stupid? How can you possibly realize you're very very stupid?

You have to be relatively intelligent to realize how stupid you really are!”

Rico Minali
Sons Of 0din
Commonwealth Vanguard
#203 - 2012-03-22 20:57:36 UTC
Kyle Yanowski wrote:
Rico Minali wrote:
Miners just need to smarten up, it really isnt hard. Corp mining ops anyone? Have a repping BS sit with you, make it cap stable and you dont even have to watch it. You dont even need expensive ships use T1 logi cruisers.

I think what people are complaining about is that it isnt safe to solo afk mine. This is true. If your not afk and you see a combat ship warp in close or approach you, then warp off. But if you are in groups then how hard would it be for 10 hulks to be solidly repped by two or three t1 logi cruisers or a couple of 8 hislot BSs?

Dont whine, adapt, make the people who prey on you sad, make them quit suicide ganking because YOU made them stop not because you cried until CCP changed the rules. I know which I would feel better about.

It is an MMO, if you work in teams you will survive, adapt, be stronger than your opposition. How sad would they be if your 10 Hulks were defended by a pair of cap stable perma armour repping Domi's with heavy shield repping drones prelaunched and running on everyone? Fit a DC 2 and a plate, make those hulks hard. Carry shield or armour repping drones and have them perma repping a buddy, now you are solidly spider tanked and your hulks are near invulnerable. What if you also had an insta locking Cane with you, their suicided ship now also results in a player involved lossmail, and we all know how we value our stats...

Quitting is for quitters, be smarter than your enemy.

Plate... on a hulk? *sigh*

This is why you get killed. This is why mining, for you is unprofitable. people like you will either A: not tank your ship and hope you dont get ganked, or B: Not mine because tanking your ship reduces your hourly rate. People who organise proper ops, with real fits and real fleets will continue to mine relatively safely and make their money.

Trust me, I almost know what I'm doing.

Tallian Saotome
Nuclear Arms Exchange Inc.
#204 - 2012-03-22 21:26:02 UTC
Ana Vyr wrote:

Sure, and I've made tens of thousands of hobgoblins which I sold on the market to other players, so I've changed the game too Roll

There's no question that personal drive plays a role, and that folks like Chribba and Mittani have changed the game in a big way, but seriously, what percentage of the playerbase gets into these roles? Do you think you can play casually and be a Mittani?

Yes, you have made a difference. Not much of one, but its probably measurable if you could trace all those hobgoblins.

We can't all be Mittani, or Chribba, tho not much is stopping us other than lack of personal talent in the areas that are important for that(personally, I blame my lack of charisma). That doesn't mean we can't all make a difference, and if you want to make a big difference, pull a GHSC stunt, and become famous for treachery.

Can't say GHSC didn't change the face of EVE, and thats an action almost anyone with the will to see it through could pull.

Inappropriate signature removed, CCP Phantom.

Tallian Saotome
Nuclear Arms Exchange Inc.
#205 - 2012-03-22 21:29:00 UTC
highonpop wrote:
Once people stop getting such high amounts of minerals from reprocessing loot, miners will have a more profitable market.

Drones are a much bigger problem.

Inappropriate signature removed, CCP Phantom.

Karl Hobb
Imperial Margarine
#206 - 2012-03-22 21:49:55 UTC
Darth Gustav wrote:
At his keyboard. Paying attention. On risk of death.

This right here is probably the biggest reason that 90% of ganks actually happen: people not paying attention. They're rubbing one out to anime or something instead of actually playing the game. This is why I stressed "botting" as a reason to actually gank people. All of the "pr0" ganks I've been a part of (like two or three) involved people who were obviously botting or had absolutely no situational awareness.

If you're not playing the game you don't deserve your stuff or the fruits of your "labors". You do, in fact, deserve to get ganked.

A professional astro-bastard was not available so they sent me.

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#207 - 2012-03-22 21:57:36 UTC
it's a lot more fun to gank the people who resist though

"laffo silly goonie look at all my reps there is no way you can...where did my ship go"

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Rawthorm
The Establishment
#208 - 2012-03-22 22:23:40 UTC
Dyniss wrote:
TravisWB wrote:
Link is repaired.

Isk faucet known as incursions and no miners added together equals runaway inflation.

You know incursions are not the largest isk faucet bountys are

Only because more people do things that pull in bounties than incursions by a factor of 100. Cut it down to ISK per person and suddenly bounties are pretty low down the list.
Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#209 - 2012-03-22 23:08:51 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
it's a lot more fun to gank the people who resist though

"laffo silly goonie look at all my reps there is no way you can...where did my ship go"

My favorite thing from the Gallente Ice Interdiction was the guy who was running four accounts (one guy in hulk, one guy in a scimitar running shield reps on the hulk, another guy in a dominix running armor reps on the hulk and a fourth guy in an orca giving gang bonuses) bragging about how he was safe from the goonies. I got a couple other goons together and we killed his hulk. He then threatened RL violence against us which got reported and I haven't seen him online since then.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

Ur235
Appetite 4 Destruction
#210 - 2012-03-22 23:37:48 UTC
Dont get how the video links to not being able to mine? Please elaborate

hmm

Mortis vonShadow
Balanaz Mining and Development Inc.
#211 - 2012-03-23 19:26:34 UTC
Wolf Kruol wrote:
Mortis vonShadow wrote:
Wolf Kruol wrote:
It always amazes me how miners whine about everything. They get mostly what they want from CCP dev's to make it more difficult for gankers to do there work and for less profits.

You guys got your no insurance plan deal from CCP.. Yet you still whine?

Universe isn't a nice place. Its harsh with cold blooded killers in the dark. You want safety.. Surprisingly EVE grants you the ability to defend yourself. You can fight back or hire security.. Or put bounties on your targets..

Eve isn't about pressing the auto button and watching tv while your afking mining. Its about being there.. in the moment.. Living between life and death.

To top it off your immortal.. So what you whining about?

Really? Miners whining? All I read about these days are scrubs like you that whine about miners mining. You're such a dumbass.
Awe did someone tinkle in your cornflakes? I don't care if you mine or don't. I just love hearing you guys whine. Instead of dealing with the problem. But fear not. CCP will protect you... Twisted

You truely are an un-observant dumbass.

Some days you're the bug, and some days your the windscreen.                   And some days, you're just a man with a gun.