These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Dec Shield to Fanfest

Author
The Zerg Overmind
Rule Reversal
#1 - 2012-03-23 18:35:24 UTC
We are Dec Shield. For the past 5 months we have been abusing wardec mechanics to help people escape valid wardecs. What we are doing is wrong and we need to be stopped, and YOU at fanfest can help stop us.

If you are at fanfest, tomorrow morning at 12:00 GMT there is a panel featuring wardec mechanics. Alas I will not be there to speak on behalf of our cause, but some of you might be.

I strongly urge you to speak up and insist that Dec Shield tactics be made illegal, and ask for CCP to change mechanics to prevent the obvious abuse we've been inflicting upon the game. OR GOD HELP YOU I'LL CONTINUE DOING THIS!

By this time tomorrow we'll have helped 315 corporations escape legit wardecs. We'll also be in 55 wars. The use of Dec Shield has only been accelerating, and we've been accepting 3-4 corporations a day now.

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Dec_Shield/corporations

THE ABUSE NEEDS TO STOP.

Ask CCP why they reversed the rule about alliance hopping to wipe wardecs.
Ask CCP why they've allowed me to continue this obvious abuse.
Ask CCP specifically how they intend to prevent this abuse in the future.

Every time we hear the phrase "Dec Shield" mentioned over the livestream we will be taking shots. If I'm not suffering from alcohol poisoning by the end then I'll know our cause has failed. Do justice, end the abuse.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1111/DecShield.jpg
Reppyk
The Black Shell
#2 - 2012-03-23 18:44:30 UTC
Bump.

You deserve it.

I AM SPACE CAPTAIN REPPYK. BEWARE.

Proud co-admin of frugu.net, a French fansite about EVE !

Dirty Wizard
Doomheim
#3 - 2012-03-23 19:00:25 UTC
Bump for great importance.

(signature removed due to stupid)

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2012-03-23 19:08:00 UTC
Tom from Accounting
Doomheim
#5 - 2012-03-23 19:22:46 UTC
During the fanfest keynote this morning one of the speakers said they are looking into dec shield mechanics and are planning to put in a system to stop it. They didn't give any details though, it was just a brief comment among many features they plan on bringing out apparently.
Azami Nevinyrall
#6 - 2012-03-23 19:39:15 UTC
Bump

Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#7 - 2012-03-23 20:16:48 UTC
Well said

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Froggy Storm
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#8 - 2012-03-23 20:47:45 UTC
+1 the shield is kinda silly
Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#9 - 2012-03-24 01:16:28 UTC
Bump, for great justice!

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

T'Pawhl
Doomheim
#10 - 2012-03-24 02:53:17 UTC
So let's get this straight.

It costs 2 million ISK only to grief-dec some newbie corp... But it takes over 60 days to train the necessary skills plus 1 billion ISK to create an alliance for the purpose of a dec shield...

And you cry "wah not fair"?

Do you realize how much you sound like spoiled brats?

Heh maybe that's why you chose hi-sec piracy... "Me see toy! Me want toy! Me take toy, kick kid who had it before!"
The Zerg Overmind
Rule Reversal
#11 - 2012-03-24 04:07:34 UTC
T'Pawhl wrote:

It costs 2 million ISK only to grief-dec some newbie corp... But it takes over 60 days to train the necessary skills plus 1 billion ISK to create an alliance for the purpose of a dec shield...

Heh maybe that's why you chose hi-sec piracy... "Me see toy! Me want toy! Me take toy, kick kid who had it before!"

That's right. It's not fair. It's an improper unregulated exploit. 60 days of training to gain absolute tower immunity for an unlimited number of highsec corps is absolutely completely unfair. 1bil isk is nothing compared to the cost of what we can and have saved.

PVP in Eve was designed to be non-consensual if you joined a player corp. Player corp assets in space were never designed to be invulnerable no matter how you care to spin it. We have fundamentally broken the sandbox, and it needs to be repaired.

In a few hours I expect we will have justice (and that I will be very wasted).

Andrea Griffin
#12 - 2012-03-24 04:51:24 UTC
An outstanding service provided by an outstanding member of the Eve community. I wholly endorse this service and the spirit in which it is offered!
T'Pawhl
Doomheim
#13 - 2012-03-24 04:56:17 UTC
The Zerg Overmind wrote:
T'Pawhl wrote:

That's right. It's not fair. It's an improper unregulated exploit. 60 days of training to gain absolute tower immunity for an unlimited number of highsec corps is absolutely completely unfair. 1bil isk is nothing compared to the cost of what we can and have saved.

PVP in Eve was designed to be non-consensual if you joined a player corp. Player corp assets in space were never designed to be invulnerable no matter how you care to spin it. We have fundamentally broken the sandbox, and it needs to be repaired.

In a few hours I expect we will have justice (and that I will be very wasted).

Oh my god you are so small minded. Yes EVE is non-consensual, and the people you are trying to blow up are non-consensually running away from you so you can't blow them up. Imagine that! o\

Let me explain:

No matter which way you cut it, there is a 24 hour period during which the Corp has a live war dec. This means towers have to go down or else they can get popped. If the (pirate/griefer/whatever) Corp keeps redecing, the tower is never up long enough to get anything appreciable accomplished. For 2 million ISK, you've effectively shut down the entire Corporation's Industry, and if they're the type of Corp to run from a fight, they probably aren't undocking either, so they are completely locked down for 24 hour intervals. So while the towers can't be exploded (because they're in a hangar), they most certainly can be prevented from being used. And do you know what the Corp who war decced you can do? Anchor their own tower with an array of guns where yours used to be. Imagine that! o\ This is EVE, adapt or cry. Oops I mean die. ;) Sorry... hehe

In reality, very, very few players and player organizations will have the resources and wherewithal to create their own dec shields. In fact, I bet 90% of the Corps who joined Dec Shield didn't even know it existed save for your loudmouth soapboxing about it. Take you out of the equation, and there is no problem. The equation is balanced. Personally, I think they should just ban you for being so pretentious and disruptive and whiny.

The fact is, any game mechanic can be abused. Just because you're "abusing" a mechanic does not make it an exploit nor does it make it wrong. Take Goonswarm messing with CONCORD mechanics and locking down entire systems so no one can mine ice. It's perfectly legitimate because CCP says it is. But imagine if Goonswarm and a few of their allies did it in every system simultaneously for 12+ hours out of the day - basically no one could really mine. And when Goon sec status dropped, they just rotated to null-sec and ratted it back up. Would you cry that it was an abuse of mechanics; should CCP step in? Yes - because legitimate game-mechanics are being abused to cause widespread disruption of the entire game.

You're doing the best you can to abuse a legitimate game mechanic and it has had... null effect on the overall balance of New Eden. Hate to break it to you, but you are just one drop of water in a bucket. A noisy drop, but still just an insignificant drop.
Lithalnas
Dirt 'n' Glitter
Sedition.
#14 - 2012-03-24 07:17:36 UTC
wow someone has a stick up his bum

Who is your main so i can wardec him?

https://www.facebook.com/RipSeanVileRatSmith shoot at blue for Vile Rat http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=73406

T'Pawhl
Doomheim
#15 - 2012-03-24 07:25:11 UTC
Lithalnas wrote:

Vivian Volkoff, come and get me little b*tch.
Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#16 - 2012-03-24 07:58:26 UTC
I'm going to be honest here. When I first heard about this, I thought it was bullshit too. Then I realized that high sec PvP is 99% cowards who hide behind neutral RR alts and only prey on the weak. So I really have no issues with the war dec shield.
Asuri Kinnes
Perkone
Caldari State
#17 - 2012-03-24 08:02:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Asuri Kinnes
T'Pawhl wrote:

Oh my god you are so small minded. Yes EVE is non-consensual, and the people you are trying to blow up are non-consensually running away from you so you can't blow them up. Imagine that! o\

Let me explain:

No matter which way you cut it, there is a 24 hour period during which the Corp has a live war dec. This means towers have to go down or else they can get popped.

Wrong - But thanks for playing....
Marlona Sky wrote:
I'm going to be honest here. When I first heard about this, I thought it was bullshit too. Then I realized that high sec PvP is 99% cowards who hide behind neutral RR alts and only prey on the weak. So I really have no issues with the war dec shield.

Seems like there is lots of hi-sec pvp going on that doesn't fit that mold... Still doesn't make the whole scraping off war-decs legit. CCP just quit enforcing it...

Bob is the god of Wormholes.

That's all you need to know.

Xuse Senna
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#18 - 2012-03-24 08:20:14 UTC
+1

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7501/mindgamesceptionfinaldr.jpg

Goonspiracy
Doomheim
#19 - 2012-03-24 10:23:33 UTC
T'Pawhl wrote:
Take Goonswarm messing with CONCORD mechanics and locking down entire systems so no one can mine ice. It's perfectly legitimate because CCP says it is. But imagine if Goonswarm and a few of their allies did it in every system simultaneously for 12+ hours out of the day - basically no one could really mine. And when Goon sec status dropped, they just rotated to null-sec and ratted it back up. Would you cry that it was an abuse of mechanics; should CCP step in? Yes - because legitimate game-mechanics are being abused to cause widespread disruption of the entire game.

But... what if Dec Shield WAS Goonswarm? I'm not saying it's a goonspiracy.... but it's a goonspiracy
magic preacher
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#20 - 2012-03-24 11:21:48 UTC
T'Pawhl wrote:
Lithalnas wrote:

Vivian Volkoff, come and get me little b*tch.

nice KB ... awesome

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/combat_record.php?type=player&name=Vivian+Volkoff#kills

12Next page