These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

What 2 ships Together Can Pull a Whole Level 4 Room

Author
Blind Eleven
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-03-23 04:11:37 UTC
I have gone through a number of builds, using single ships, for level 4 missions. I usually have to use eve survival, to do things the right way. I'm wondering what 2 ships could you bring into a level 4, in order pull the entire room (hardest mission lets say) and still get things done in an effective manner?
Caleidascope
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2012-03-23 04:14:14 UTC
Navy Scorp can probably do it solo. At least mine does.

Life is short and dinner time is chancy

Eat dessert first!

Tarn Kugisa
Kugisa Dynamics
#3 - 2012-03-23 05:07:03 UTC
2 properly fit Tengu's with a compliment of 2 highly trained Tengu Pilots

Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to troll everyone you meet - KuroVolt

Danilo Umqua
Calx quod Silicis
#4 - 2012-03-23 05:36:50 UTC
My buddy and i run them with me in a Mach, and him in a Tengu
Ifly Uwalk
Perkone
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-03-23 05:40:22 UTC
A CNR and... hm... a CNR?
Blind Eleven
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-03-23 05:48:51 UTC
I was thinking I would need some support ship based on low skills...It sounds like everyone here has a lot of SP?
Caleidascope
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2012-03-23 06:07:15 UTC
Blind Eleven wrote:
I was thinking I would need some support ship based on low skills...It sounds like everyone here has a lot of SP?

To be fair, mine are maxed out. No faction mods though.

Life is short and dinner time is chancy

Eat dessert first!

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2012-03-23 06:57:22 UTC
Blind Eleven wrote:

You can run just about any level 4 mission in a dominix pretty easily if you have any decent tank skills. Any t1 battleship is competent to run level 4 missions in fact, except a scorpion. If you want to bring a friend along to make thing easier, try bringing 2 drakes.

My suggestions aren't "the best" and they aren't any sort of overkill. Rather, they are simple, easy, cheap, and not so skill-intensive--great for newer and poorer pilots who are more likely to be asking this question. So ignore the bitter vets here suggesting overkill setups. Just try any combination of battleships and/or drakes. You can throw on some logistics drones or logistics modules in any leftover high slots if you need a bit of extra tank.

Another trick is to fit one ship for really high tank and fly it in first, and have it aggro everything. Then fly in the other ship, this one can be any battlecruiser in fact, and tier 3 battlecruisers work especially well. The trick is to read your survival report carefully and make sure the dps ship isn't getting hit. It makes missions pretty easy. I was running some level 4s that way dual-boxing with a maelstrom and a tornado. I've also flown the maelstrom with a friend who tanked using a vagabond by popping the frigates super fast and speeding around so fast nothing else could hit him.

Hope that helps.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Svodola Darkfury
Cloak and Daggers
The Initiative.
#9 - 2012-03-23 07:43:00 UTC
If you're good with caldari double drakes is a nice way to go. Can easily fit it for 300-350 dps a piece and each tank 500-600 omni passive. Personally i like running a perma run battleship tank about 1-2k tank with a t3 support dps bc such as the talos.

Svo.

Director of Frozen Corpse Industries.

Crellion
Nano Rhinos
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#10 - 2012-03-23 09:09:48 UTC
Svodola Darkfury wrote:
If you're good with caldari double drakes is a nice way to go. Can easily fit it for 300-350 dps a piece and each tank 500-600 omni passive. Personally i like running a perma run battleship tank about 1-2k tank with a t3 support dps bc such as the talos.

Svo.

Not saying this is wrong per se but if you bring the BS tank down and max it's dps you will make more $$$, tier 3 for support is good idea.
Bibosikus
Air
#11 - 2012-03-23 12:17:49 UTC
If you're dual-boxing you could try Rattlesnake tank and Marauder/Mach/Nightmare gank fit for dps depending on rat type.

Yes, two dps boats is probably quicker, but personally I find going back & forth between screens a bore. The Rattler can acquire & tank full agggro, put out sentries and assist your gank boat, then you simply leave it alone.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

GreenSeed
#12 - 2012-03-23 12:37:09 UTC
Bibosikus wrote:
If you're dual-boxing you could try Rattlesnake tank and Marauder/Mach/Nightmare gank fit for dps depending on rat type.

Yes, two dps boats is probably quicker, but personally I find going back & forth between screens a bore. The Rattler can acquire & tank full agggro, put out sentries and assist your gank boat, then you simply leave it alone.

this.

if you have limited skills on both accounts this will be your best bet.

with less than a month of training an overtanked rattler can pull whole rooms for only 600m. it wont be cap stable running 2 invuls, so keep that in mind.

just put a bunch of rechargers on the lows, extenders on the mids, and 2 invuls and your set to go. usually around 120k ehp + 400 hp/s at peak regen.

with and extra 900m on it in the form of t2 extenders or purgers (i would go for extenders) you can pull any bonus room.

this will also allow you to change the fit on your dps boat since you dont really need tank on it.

as far as DPS goes, its better if you just use a flight of lights "guarding" the DPS boat, the light drones will go auto agro on the frigates, then destroyers, cruisers, etc etc... while your dps can focus on the big ships.
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#13 - 2012-03-23 13:14:13 UTC
an XL booster tengu can easily have over 2k capstable tank, if you are willing to cash out ~2bil

I should buy an Ishtar.

Buzzy Warstl
Quantum Flux Foundry
#14 - 2012-03-23 14:10:53 UTC
A pair of arty 'canes can bring the isk home nicely, too.

For less T2 fitted cost than the hull cost of one T3 cruiser.

http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm Richard Bartle: Players who suit MUDs

Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#15 - 2012-03-23 14:21:26 UTC
how are you expected to tank dread pirate scarlet with two canes?

I should buy an Ishtar.

Buzzy Warstl
Quantum Flux Foundry
#16 - 2012-03-23 14:52:50 UTC
Did Dread Pirate Scarlet with a 'cane and a Stabber.

You can't just sit there and let them hit you, you have to actually fly your ships to do it.

Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#17 - 2012-03-23 14:59:33 UTC
Buzzy Warstl wrote:

You can't just sit there and let them hit you, you have to actually fly your ships to do it.

well then this kind of defeats the purpose of lvl4s (which is watching p0rn while making isk, obviously).

I should buy an Ishtar.

Morigan Omega
Omega Technologies
#18 - 2012-03-23 15:07:42 UTC
Single Tengu can usually pull it off, as long as you don't get webbed and keep your distance! Never sit still!
Buzzy Warstl
Quantum Flux Foundry
#19 - 2012-03-23 15:35:50 UTC
Daniel Plain wrote:
Buzzy Warstl wrote:

well then this kind of defeats the purpose of lvl4s (which is watching p0rn while making isk, obviously).

I concede one internets to you sir, well played.

Lorkin Desal
That Hole Over There
#20 - 2012-03-25 11:30:10 UTC
vs Guristas [Cheap Rattler]

[Rattlesnake, cheap guristas]

Siege Missile Launcher II, Inferno Torpedo
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Kinetic Deflection Field II
Thermic Dissipation Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Target Painter II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II

Damage Control II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II

Large Core Defense Field Purger I

Ogre II x5
Bouncer II x5
Warrior II x5
Warrior II x5
Hammerhead II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5
Hornet EC-300 x5

Turn on hardeners, glance at screen every 5 mins to recall sentries and begin new wave. (costs less then a navy raven too)
12Next page