These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Macintosh

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Patching does not start

Author
Bulletproof Tony
Deti Lejtenanta Schmidta
#1 - 2012-03-20 20:52:51 UTC
Hello, I have following Issue with the new patch.
Today I started eve, it told me there is an update available so accepted that the client did download the update, it all went well, the message popped up that the client has to restart to apply the patch. I clicked the OK button, the client closed but the patching did not start.
Now i can start the game as usual but still get the message that the client has to restart to apply patch, if i accept it the client closes and nothing happens. If i click on the x to close the message the client also shuts down and nothing happens.
somebody had the same issue and solved it somehow? Sorry if this problem was already solved, i could not find the solution.

here are my system specs

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 8 GB

downloading the full client is not an option for me as i pay for traffic. it's 20€ per 5gigabyte

Bulletproof Tony
Deti Lejtenanta Schmidta
#2 - 2012-03-20 21:08:03 UTC
ok i have solved the issue i had to delete the common.ini in the eveapp inside the eve app again, like i had to do last update.

Stavos Kelley
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2012-03-21 17:15:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Stavos Kelley
Bulletproof Tony wrote:
ok i have solved the issue i had to delete the common.ini in the eveapp inside the eve app again, like i had to do last update.

Could you give us clearer instructions, I don't see the common.ini? I didn't realize there's any ini files in a OSX system.
Bulletproof Tony
Deti Lejtenanta Schmidta
#4 - 2012-03-21 22:26:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Bulletproof Tony
ok the issue was with crucible 1.5.3, had also similar problem when they introduced the launcher, did not have any issues with crucible 1.5.4

now how to do it
ctrl click on eve app, select show package contents, follow the folders contents-resources, ctrl click on eve online app inside, show package contents of that app, follow the folders contents-resources-transgaming-c drive-program files-ccp-eve, now there is a file inside by the name common.ini delete it, but please backup first
close those wrappers and launch eve
the launcher should now update

somebody else already posted it here on the forums
Stavos Kelley
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2012-03-22 15:26:10 UTC
Bulletproof Tony wrote:
ok the issue was with crucible 1.5.3, had also similar problem when they introduced the launcher, did not have any issues with crucible 1.5.4

now how to do it
ctrl click on eve app, select show package contents, follow the folders contents-resources, ctrl click on eve online app inside, show package contents of that app, follow the folders contents-resources-transgaming-c drive-program files-ccp-eve, now there is a file inside by the name common.ini delete it, but please backup first

Yeah Eve fails to load with that ini missing for me.
Lyondri
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2012-03-22 16:11:38 UTC
Stavos Kelley wrote:
Bulletproof Tony wrote:

now how to do it

Yeah Eve fails to load with that ini missing for me.

Class I'm not the only one, it won't work for me either, it just says missing file and doesn't patch/load/anything.

I'd love to actually get to play eve again on my macbook