These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Disaster at Matriculation Centre #4

Author
Ta Pang
Character Warehouse
#61 - 2012-03-21 15:25:17 UTC
Leopold Caine wrote:
First of all, I would like to offer my condolences to families of those lost in such a tragic accident. I suppose we live in a world where death is a lurking on every corner, as a constant reminder to live our life to the fullest.

I believe this also somewhat changes the terms of our business agreement, mr. Todako, so... you know where and how to contact me. Maybe in about a week, when the whole thing settles down a bit, hm? In any case, I hope you'll recover from this soon.



Is there something you need to tell us Manwe? Between the wild mood swings, crazed accusations without evidence and now a known associate of the Angel Cartel asking you about a business arrangment...I think you have your own explaining to do. Unless your pal (boss?) Leopold wishes to air it publically himself?
Manwe Todako
Disciples of Ston
#62 - 2012-03-21 16:04:41 UTC
Ta Pang wrote:
Leopold Caine wrote:
First of all, I would like to offer my condolences to families of those lost in such a tragic accident. I suppose we live in a world where death is a lurking on every corner, as a constant reminder to live our life to the fullest.

I believe this also somewhat changes the terms of our business agreement, mr. Todako, so... you know where and how to contact me. Maybe in about a week, when the whole thing settles down a bit, hm? In any case, I hope you'll recover from this soon.



Is there something you need to tell us Manwe? Between the wild mood swings, crazed accusations without evidence and now a known associate of the Angel Cartel asking you about a business arrangment...I think you have your own explaining to do. Unless your pal (boss?) Leopold wishes to air it publically himself?


Actually the evidence against you is abundant thanks mostly to your former corp mates like Sar'tek who continually volunteer more information, so I wouldn't say there is no evidence. Caine is welcome to present whatever he wishes whenever he wishes. Go ahead Caine, present your evidence, play your game.

Now to you, Ta Pang. Return those you have kidnapped. Do the right thing. It is not too late for you. You can still chose the path of mercy and kindness. Don't let Ran'shad twist your heart. Find a way within yourself to turn to what is good and right.

SANKOFA

Kalen Vox
Veyr
The Veyr Collective
#63 - 2012-03-21 16:27:41 UTC
Ta Pang wrote:
Leopold Caine wrote:
First of all, I would like to offer my condolences to families of those lost in such a tragic accident. I suppose we live in a world where death is a lurking on every corner, as a constant reminder to live our life to the fullest.

I believe this also somewhat changes the terms of our business agreement, mr. Todako, so... you know where and how to contact me. Maybe in about a week, when the whole thing settles down a bit, hm? In any case, I hope you'll recover from this soon.



Is there something you need to tell us Manwe? Between the wild mood swings, crazed accusations without evidence and now a known associate of the Angel Cartel asking you about a business arrangment...I think you have your own explaining to do. Unless your pal (boss?) Leopold wishes to air it publically himself?


I would be more concerned about the immediate problem of the thousands of people entrusted to you who are now, one way or the other, missing.
Leopold Caine
Stillwater Corporation
#64 - 2012-03-21 19:06:30 UTC
Manwe Todako wrote:

What business agreement was that? I'm sure you are anxious to say.


Not in here, of course. I respect the discretion of my business partners. It's hardly something open for public debate. Give it a week, mr. Todako, have a few days of, calm down and we'll talk then, hm?

Ta Pang wrote:

Is there something you need to tell us Manwe? Between the wild mood swings, crazed accusations without evidence and now a known associate of the Angel Cartel asking you about a business arrangment...I think you have your own explaining to do. Unless your pal (boss?) Leopold wishes to air it publically himself?


For this reason exactly. Before this turns into another topic where my reputation is trying to be smeared once again by insinuating I'm a 'known associate of the Angel Cartel', or 'known heretic and Sani Sabik' or anything else Muck Raker would find a-mazing!, I'll let you sort out things with mr. Pang, mr. Ran'shad, mr. Koronakesh, or even her holiness Jamyl I, and I'll stay out of it. In any case, I hope we'll discuss business more later. And good luck.
  • Leopold Caine, Domination Malakim

Angels are never far...

Stillwater Corporation Recruitment Open - Angel Cartel Bloc

Manwe Todako
Disciples of Ston
#65 - 2012-03-21 20:12:23 UTC
Leopold Caine wrote:
Manwe Todako wrote:

What business agreement was that? I'm sure you are anxious to say.


Not in here, of course. I respect the discretion of my business partners. It's hardly something open for public debate. Give it a week, mr. Todako, have a few days of, calm down and we'll talk then, hm?

Ta Pang wrote:

Is there something you need to tell us Manwe? Between the wild mood swings, crazed accusations without evidence and now a known associate of the Angel Cartel asking you about a business arrangment...I think you have your own explaining to do. Unless your pal (boss?) Leopold wishes to air it publically himself?


For this reason exactly. Before this turns into another topic where my reputation is trying to be smeared once again by insinuating I'm a 'known associate of the Angel Cartel', or 'known heretic and Sani Sabik' or anything else Muck Raker would find a-mazing!, I'll let you sort out things with mr. Pang, mr. Ran'shad, mr. Koronakesh, or even her holiness Jamyl I, and I'll stay out of it. In any case, I hope we'll discuss business more later. And good luck.


*Manwe just laughs* OK, if you say so.

SANKOFA

Kikia Truzhari
Teraa Matar
#66 - 2012-03-22 02:53:00 UTC
Manwe, I would calm down if I were you. You're leaping around like a rabid dog, snapping at everyone and throwing around accusations at a whim.

I've yet to see real evidence that any of these people you are accusing are actually responsible for what you are claiming they are. You're honestly coming off as quite insane.

Lets stick with facts please?
The fact is 15,000 people are missing. And no one has any idea who took them or where they are. Any evidence you have to point to one guilty party over another is circumstantial at best. I think you are seeing connections where none exist.

Calm yourself.
Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#67 - 2012-03-22 05:13:49 UTC
I have to agree with Kikia.

The issue at hand is the safety and recovery of the missing people, not a heated 'whodunit' game on the IGS.

Katrina Oniseki

Manwe Todako
Disciples of Ston
#68 - 2012-03-22 10:20:09 UTC
The 16,000 residents are in the possession of Ta Pang and/or his associate Ran'shad. We have called for their return.

Accusations have not been a whim but based upon known connections and confessions of those involved. Every statement of fact I have made is verifiable by public record. To find those missing, one needs to know who has taken them. Had we not pursued this, confessions such as those given by Sar'tek would never have occurred. We would still be pursuing the blind alley of thinking it was the Seekers or PIE.

Ladies, perhaps what you do not see is that in and of itself, the accusations served a function. Attempts to frantically defend against said accusation often bring out elements of the truth that would have otherwise remained hidden. Such was the case here.

Ta Pang knows the right thing to do. Return the residents.

SANKOFA

Desiderya
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#69 - 2012-03-22 11:28:28 UTC
Kikia Truzhari wrote:
Manwe, I would calm down if I were you. You're leaping around like a rabid dog, snapping at everyone and throwing around accusations at a whim.



That's pacifism for you.

Manwe Todako wrote:


The 16,000 residents are in the possession of Ta Pang and/or his associate Ran'shad. We have called for their return.


As proven by what exactly? I've yet to see a real confession, too.
Well, not that I care as such, but seeing you turning around in circles, looking for biteable calves has such a high entertainment value.
Oh, by the way, Sar'tek was once in the same corporation I was. According to my knowledge of human nature I'd vouch for him. Am I a suspect of this grand scheme now, too?

Ruthlessness is the kindness of the wise.

Ta Pang
Character Warehouse
#70 - 2012-03-22 12:36:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Ta Pang
Manwe Todako wrote:
The 16,000 residents are in the possession of Ta Pang and/or his associate Ran'shad. We have called for their return.


As I have stated before, I do not have them. Nor did I give them to my former associate Ran'Shad. You are more than welcome to pour over my hangar and ships all you wish. I have made this invitation before, and you have ignored it, choosing instead to continue your paranoid ravings pointing at Amarr loyalists, anarchists, even Caldari naval personnel.

Manwe Todako wrote:
what you do not see is that in and of itself, the accusations served a function. Attempts to frantically defend against said accusation often bring out elements of the truth that would have otherwise remained hidden.


They also serve to make me and so many others realise that perhaps you are not as balanced as we once thought you were, what happened? Did you start using what you were shipping for the cartel? Accuse a man of mass kidnapping and genocide and of course he will respond, it’s the quiet ones I worry about.

Manwe Todako wrote:
Accusations have not been a whim but based upon known connections and confessions of those involved. Every statement of fact I have made is verifiable by public record. To find those missing, one needs to know who has taken them. Had we not pursued this, confessions such as those given by Sar'tek would never have occurred. We would still be pursuing the blind alley of thinking it was the Seekers or PIE.


Why don't you tell us all about the admission sent to you by one Theobar Cresthill? Despite his willingly admitting to helping collect intelligence on center 4 and take part in some of the planning, you have chosen not to address him at all. For the public record, this admitted conspirator has just become a member of Numenor Benevolent Holdings....odd since less than a week ago he wrote:

Theobar Cresthill wrote:
I... plotted with Thgil Goldcore of PIE against DSTON. At that time, i also spied on them and revealed the location of one of their bases in Madimilire. I followed Ston a couple times and docked there after he had rescued abandoned slaves. I reported that information to Goldcore.


Come on Manwe, let's hear the truth, what are you doing with the Angel Cartel, ignoring confessions from conspirators and, of course, please explain why you are trying to turn me into a scapegoat and galactic pariah.
Istvaan Shogaatsu
Guiding Hand Social Club
#71 - 2012-03-22 13:55:41 UTC
Manwe Todako wrote:
My acceptance of Ta Pang as a disciple was undisciplined. Had I checked his employment records rather than naively accepting his well played but false sincerity, this would not have happened.


These have to be my favourite words to utter: I TOLD YOU SO.
Elsebeth Rhiannon
Unitas Nusquam Est
VINDICTIVE
#72 - 2012-03-22 15:59:38 UTC
Not that that means that people should generally believe what Istvaan Shogaatsu tells them. Twisted
Manwe Todako
Disciples of Ston
#73 - 2012-03-22 16:44:48 UTC
Ta Pang wrote:
Nor did I give them to my former associate Ran'Shad.


I thought about doing the whole quote by quote thing, but may I be brief instead.

Ta Pang, you now finally admit that you are a liar. That is a good first step. Now do what is right and return the residents.

It is too easy to say, "inspect my hangar and my ships." You and I both know that you have have complete control of that.

You have not been accused of genocide. Where did you get that idea? Who is imbalanced? Yes I have accused you of kidnapping. I am sticking to that story. Return the residents.

Theobar has already revealed all of his past publically. The difference between him and you is that he has always been open about his past and honest. You have lied and tried to hide your past. You have a copy of the com, publish it. I doubt Theobar will mind one bit.

Caine's story is his. Prod him about it, not me

Scapegoat and Galactic Pariah. Again, who is imbalanced? I am painting you accurately. You lied and deceived. You staged a completely false report to cover the disappearance of your residents. None of what you said happened at the RSS station. So, where are the residents? Return them. That is what I am asking of you. Return the residents.

SANKOFA

Sar'tek
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#74 - 2012-03-22 16:56:58 UTC
Desiderya wrote:
Oh, by the way, Sar'tek was once in the same corporation I was. According to my knowledge of human nature I'd vouch for him. Am I a suspect of this grand scheme now, too?


Thank you Desiderya for your vote of confidence. I have always thought highly of you as well.
Gaufres
Just Keep Hanging On
#75 - 2012-03-23 03:24:35 UTC
For the sake of those who are missing, all 16,000? of them, I will pay the guilty party or a third party on their behalf, 1k ISK per returned person. These people do not deserve to be forced back into lives they have tried so hard to be free from.

It was a well planned theft, I assume for profit, so I am letting you make a profit well above Amarr Slave Market Prices. What do you say? No Holder is going to match that price.
Istvaan Shogaatsu
Guiding Hand Social Club
#76 - 2012-03-23 03:50:12 UTC
Elsebeth Rhiannon wrote:
Not that that means that people should generally believe what Istvaan Shogaatsu tells them. Twisted


At this point, I'm pretty convinced that I am some manner of prescient wizard.
Ston Momaki
Disciples of Ston
#77 - 2012-03-26 15:21:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Ston Momaki
I haven't posted to this thread, because it was more or less Manwe's business. But today, I was contacted by Ta Pang. A transcript of the communique and FTL com is below. At the conclusion, Ta Pang killed ten slaves in cold blood. For any who read this who would try to make others responsible for your own violence, don't bother.


slaves
From: Ta Pang
Sent: 2012.03.26 14:39
To: Ston Momaki,

I have a small group of slaves who I am willing to transfer to you, in order to testify that the rest are not being mistreated...

hail me if you wish to discuss


[14:40:09] Ston Momaki > Good morning.
[14:40:19] Ta Pang > Good day
[14:40:39] Ston Momaki > Where would you like to transact the transfer?
[14:41:13] Ta Pang > I am in Niarja at the moment. I will meet you by the 4th planet
[14:41:27] Ston Momaki > How many?
[14:41:59] Ta Pang > 10. They will provide you with enough information to know that the remainder are safe and proetected.
[14:43:26] Ston Momaki > on my way
[14:43:49] Ta Pang > the fact of the matter is that the Disciples were far too public to be successful. You attraced too much attention.
[14:44:13] Ston Momaki > so I have been told
[14:44:21] Ta Pang > The organisation I represent is much more clandestine.
[14:45:09] Ston Momaki > Abandon please.
(Edit: at this point he jet canned the slaves. I asked him to abandon the can, he refused. I attempted rescue and he attacked)
[14:45:30] Ta Pang > take them, or dont. I will not abandon.
[14:45:37] Ta Pang > you either trust or dont
[14:45:48] Ta Pang > willing to sacrifice or you are not
[14:46:08] Ston Momaki > Will you kill these slaves?
[14:46:20] Ta Pang > if I must.
[14:46:30] Ston Momaki > so sad
[14:47:00] Ta Pang > The disciples will abandon this region.
[14:47:36] Ta Pang > And take all of the unwanted attention you have been receiving with you.
[14:49:10] Ston Momaki > Is this a command, a prophecy, or a prediction?
[14:50:17] Ta Pang > Call it friendly advice. consider this. Once they have stopped hunting you, the logical next target to use against you are the slaves themselves. Your movement has now put them all at risk.
[14:50:55] Ston Momaki > That is very brave of you, Ta Pang.
[14:53:08] Ta Pang > Suffice it to say that I have seen what the next moves of your enemies are. The lives of slaves are worth the sacrifice demanded of you. Are they not?
[14:53:09] Ston Momaki > You would use the lives of slaves in this way? Really?
[14:53:53] Ston Momaki > You would kill in this way just to manipulate others?
[14:54:45] Ta Pang > One lessone you have failed to understand is that the needs of the many ALWAYS out weight the needs of the few. If killing 10 saves 10,000 then so be it.
(at this point he destroyed my ship and the killed the ten slaves)
[14:55:15] Ta Pang > So endeth the lesson.
[14:55:28] Ston Momaki > I see, and I am to believe anything you say?
[14:55:46] Ston Momaki > And those ten lives you just snuffed out?
[14:56:03] Ta Pang > Will be wasted if you continue to operate here in Domain.
[14:56:22] Ston Momaki > You are a filthy murderer Ta Pang
[14:56:39] Ta Pang > So be it.

The Disciples of Ston bid you peace

Ran'shad
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#78 - 2012-03-26 15:38:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Ran'shad
Ston Momaki wrote:
I haven't posted to this thread, because it was more or less Manwe's business. But today, I was contacted by Ta Pang. A transcript of the communique and FTL com is below. At the conclusion, Ta Pang killed ten slaves in cold blood. For any who read this who would try to make others responsible for your own violence, don't bother.


I have to say up until this point I have tried to avoid taking sides in this squabble, despite every effort of Manwe's to draw me in and make me the villain. I cannot in any way shape or form condone Ta Pangs latest actions. While I will admit to employing slaves, I will just as quickly admit that killing them is something I have neer ordered. Disciplinary action is pointless if the subject dies.

From reading the log as publishd, I can honestly say that I am shocked at how brutal my former corp-mate has become. He will not find a home with IMER.

With that said. Logs can be altered, what physical evidence can you produce?

High Lord Ran'Shad CEO Imperial Manufacturing and Engineering Regiment Elemental Tide Alliance

Gaufres
Just Keep Hanging On
#79 - 2012-04-12 20:25:19 UTC
Again I renew my offer to purchase the missing 16,000 people from the person/persons who stole them. I have had some office personel go through my records of rescues and some of the people I saved from death are among the missing. Both my Crew and Myself are very concerned for their whereabouts since we know they did not go willingly.

So, to the person/persons who pulled off this massive kidnapping, I will pay 1,000 ISK each for the return of the missing 16,000 people.

Please contact me with the time and place.
Gaufres
Just Keep Hanging On
#80 - 2012-04-17 02:25:16 UTC
It is truely a sad day for the freedom loving people of the Empires. I just received a communication in response to my desire to purchase the freedom of the missing 16,000.



Mr Gaufres,

I recently noticed your kind offer to purchase the relocated slaves form whomever currenlty has them. My sources tell me that they are all currently being put to good use and they are on their way down the path to eventually be Reclaimed.

Further inqueries will be ignored.

Ta Pang



As I feared, this action was pulled off with the assistance of some very powerful Holders in the Empire. Freeing unwanted, abandoned Slaves must be a threat to them.